logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Arizona Tea
Diet decaf green tea with ginseng
2. (1 mins ago)
Tidebuy
ordered items never gt delivered
3. (5 mins ago)
Fraud and cheating!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Armando Montelongo Seminars, San Diego, California Complaints & Reviews - Fraud and Deception

Armando Montelongo Seminars Contacts & Informations

Armando Montelongo Seminars

Posted:    Soyjoy

Fraud and Deception

San Diego, California
I just attended the Armando 3-day seminar this past weekend (December 10, 11, 12) in San Diego, CA and I’m FURIOUS with the bate and switch tactics and deception they used to lure me to pay $1, 500.00 on the seminar. They promised that by the end of the 3 day seminar you would be hand-held through each step by a mentor in order to buy your first property and flip it. It was a flat out lie!!!

The only things that were taught were general concepts about how the program COULD make you rich with hypothetical examples. By the end of it the seminar, I still have no idea where to even begin. Most of the 3 day seminar was nothing more than a sales pitch to get you to sign up for the bus tour which will cost another $12, 000.00 to $40, 000.00 dollars. What it comes down to is in order for you to actually be taught the entire process of Armando’s system you will have to pay another $40, 000.00 with no guarantees. On the second day of the seminar, I counted the number of times the presentor, Scott, promoted the bus tour and it totaled 35 times. So over the 3 days, he probably promoted the bus tour close to 100 times.

They pressured people with good credit to apply for a Blue Card from American Express which was very loose with their credit and it would be very easy to get a card. They asked you to call any Credit Card company that you do have and ask for an increase in credit. They asked you to borrow money from friends and relatives, sell your stocks, take out money from your 401K or IRA or get the money ANYWAY THAT YOU CAN in order to get on the bus tour or you will miss your opportunity to be rich. Basically, if you don’t pay the extra money you’re not following his system and CAN NOT learn the system correctly.

There were quite a few people who felt that they had been SCAMMED like I felt. One women finally stood up and questioned the presenter, Scott, about when he was going to actually teach us something about Armando’s system as promised. The presenter got angry at her and told her to sit down. A few minutes later they had the hotel security escort her out, refused to give her a refund and threatened to sue her for disrupting the class. She had every right to ask that question and we all deserved an answer because they DID NOT deliver what they had promised us in the seminar. The woman is taking legal actions against Armando’s company and I and other people from the seminar who were robbed of our money will support her in her action.

We were also promised a Land Trust in the seminar which was “worth more than the price of the seminar itself.” That was their direct quote. The only thing the presenter said about Land Trust was to go to Armando’s website and download the form. He did not teach a single thing about Land Trust and absolutely no instruction on what to do.

I have tried to contact the company to ask for my refund but none of my calls have been returned as I expected. I have contacted my credit card company to contest the charge and am waiting for the result.
Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Armando Montelongo Seminars complaints
Armando Montelongo Seminars - not return of deposit refund

Comments

13th of Dec, 2010 by   toothpick 0 Votes
i will be attending a seminar in Miami on the 17-19. is it alittle worthwhile?
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   Soyjoy 0 Votes
Sorry, I have not had a chance to check back on this complaint site until now. Did you attend the seminar December 17 - 19? I'm curious to find out what your experience was. Would you like to share it? Thanks.
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   Lemster 0 Votes
Did you ever get your money back?

Are Your Friends Costing You Money?

Latest Groups