logo

Pure pomegranate capsules

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Arizona Medical Board, Scottsdale, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - Wrongful decision made on complaint

Arizona Medical Board Contacts & Informations

Arizona Medical Board

Posted:    AngryAZpatient

Wrongful decision made on complaint

Arizona Medical Board
9545 E. Doubletree Ranch Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Scottsdale, Arizona
Phone: 480 551-2700
azmd.gov
I filed a complaint with the Arizona Medical Board over 8 months ago and just now received a response from their office indicating that they are dismissing an appeal that I filed against a Doctor Matthew Holland; a pain management doctor in Tucson, AZ.
In the original complaint I sent to the board, I addressed how this doctor mishandled my medical care where he was negligent in not sending me for an MRI x-ray scan to determine the severe hip/leg pain that I was enduring. When I requested from this doctor to give me some pain medication, he flat out refused to give me refills on my pain medicine. He asked me to return to his office for a epidural injection into my hip, which he claimed would help or rid my pain...well when I returned to the office for this injection, this idiotic doctor bruised my hands terribly, because he could not inject a needle into my hand to administer the sedative to help with the procedure. Instead of sending me for an x-ray, this clown of a doctor wanted me to have implanted into my body a device called "spinal cord stimulation" which would have done nothing for me in getting rid of the agonizing pain I was in. I went to my primary care doctor a week later and my doctor had me undergo an MRI scan which showed I had a severely herniated disk in my back, where pieces of the disk were lodged in my spinal canal. Well the Arizona Medical Board reviewed this complaint and decided that there was no "wrong doing" from this quack of a doctor. I've filed a handful of other numerous complaints against doctors who were negligent in the care that they gave me and also filed complaints with the AZ Medical Board and to no avail, they also dismissed those complaints as well!! The board members & doctors at this AZ Medical Board need to step down and resign, since they are so damn ignorant in recognizing medical malpractice when they see it! I guess the AZ Medical Board feels it is "acceptable" for a person to be in severe pain, whereas this doctor could have taken me out of my misery and sent me for a simple MRI scan, when I requested it from the doctor when I first met with him on my initial appointment. So don't waste your time with the Arizona Medical Board in trying to get resolution out of bad medical care you received from a doctor, because you will simply be treated like you are nobody and they will quickly, and wrongfully send you a denial letter on your complaint with their aweless attitudes!!! I ask myself why is your agency even in business?? Shut this Medical Board office down immediately and save the taxpayer money for state government offices that do something for the average american citizen that works so hard to pay his/her fair share of taxes!!!
Comments United States Government & Police
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jun, 2010 by   Darrell Jessop MD 0 Votes
It is well known that the best thing a doctor can do for a pain patient is NOTHING.This way, the AZ Medical Board can`t get the doctor for doing something that wasn`t indicated, seemed potentially dangerous or wasn`t diagnosed as to their hired Medical Consultants` standards.
EVERY physician I know who has seen patients for the treatment of chronic pain has come under scrutiny by the Board.
Despite what their shiny new website says, they are not there to protect the public.Previous State evaluations found them to be too easy on doctors and now anything is free game.The Board exists to keep itself in business.
In Arizona, doctors stay away from pain patients :your doctor wanted to do an MRI because he/she knows that to just give you pain medication can get them into trouble.
If you are a legitimate pain patient, you need to stop and consider WHY doctors don`t want to see you and why they don`t want to treat your pain.Next time you contact the Board, ask THEM why there aren`t doctors willing to prescribe-----better yet, ask THEM to find a doctor for you.
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   sophiesgoodies 0 Votes
I wen t before the Arizona Medical Board recently about the death of my brother. I am sixty years old and I have never had any dealings with people as competant as these board members. These people know what to ask and what to look for. I was so so impressed. I''m sorry that you are having such a bad time but I had to say what a wonderful medical board we have in Arizona.
 17th of Oct, 2014 by   Francisco Ahumada 0 Votes
I agree with the fact that the AZ Medical Board is not doing its job. My wife and I filed a complain almost a year ago and we are still waiting for an answer. I called and send e-mail and they have no answer. It seams that they can't find the way to justify the doctor's negligent. My wife had five hospitalisations including 4 surgeries that started with a knew replacement. After the 3th surgery we decided to see another surgeon that corrected the problem. She went through a lot and became drug addict but now she is doing much better.
The AZ Medical board protect doctors and not patients. They have treated us very bad and have not done anything yet.
Just FYI 40, 000 people die a year in US hospitals for medical malpractice and nobody says anything about it. I cannot believe it.
Forget about Ebola or going to Iraq's war, be worry for going to a hospital.

Mortgage Fraud Suspect Indicted