Archstone Fairchase

Posted:

Awful experience

Archstone Fairchase
archstoneapartments.com
While I was out of town my car was towed from the private garage of my apartment complex. This private garage is always at least more than HALF empty. My car had all the right registrations + TAGS etc., it seems my car was a little beyond the line. Therefore, it was towed at around 2am in the morning + NO tenant had complained.

The towing company notified the apartment complex BUT the apartment complex never notified me. When I returned, I found the car missing and was told it got towed about 10+ days ago. I was asked to pay $850 in CASH in order to get my car back OR I would incur further daily charges ($50/ per day).

It is just one of the annoying incidents that I feel a victim off and feel like my property was NOT safe while I was out of town. NO one in the rental office, took the responsibility to inform me that my car was towed. I was only about an hour away, and could have made arrangements to get my car. Plus, why couldn't the towing company simply tow my car elsewhere in the almost empty garage. I live in one of them most LUXURious apartment complex and I pay a LOT to stay here.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Apartments Rental
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

19th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I'm having a similar experience. Were you able to find an email address or name to complain to their corporate office?
 20th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Dear Resident,

We switched to a new towing company at the beginning of 2011 based on the feedback we received from residents. The new towing company offers superior service and an indoor storage facility. Furthermore, they only perform ethical and responsible towing. We appreciate your feedback, and hope that you will reconsider Fairchase if you have apartment needs in the future.

Sincerely,