logo

Latest Questions

Appbuy, Wilmington, Delaware Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized charges

Appbuy Contacts & Informations

Appbuy

Posted: 2013-08-03 by    Won't accept this!

Unauthorized charges

Appbuy.com
Wilmington, Delaware
I discovered $7.95 being charged to my debit card since May 2013 from this company. I did NOT purchase their service of antivirus software called "Android Armor". I looked at it in Googleplay but did NOT authorize them to charge me!
When I followed the directions on their website to stop the charges, "Tim" kept speaking OVER me insisting I MUST have purchased it. When I asked for the unauthorized money be put back, he laid out a long process short of the Supreme Court to get it. He was rude to me and would not speaking over me-even when I asked him to. I insisted he/the company put an immediate STOP to accessing my account and notified my bank immediately.

Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Appbuy complaints
Appbuy - unauthorised charges

Comments

7th of Aug, 2013 by   AppBuy +1 Votes
Hello,

I wanted to reply here and again apologize for the way you were mistreated by one of our customer service representatives. We strive to provide only the best experience for our clients and we failed to do that with you. As per my voicemail, I have issued as much of a refund as I am able to. However because the processor will not allow us to refund beyond 120 days, I was unable to refund $9.95.

If you could call me back at 800-913-7793, I would be more than happy to send you a check.

Again my deepest apologies,

Jared
800-913-7793
Appbuy.com
customercare@appbuy.com
 1st of Oct, 2013 by   saizan 0 Votes
I discovered $15.19 being charged to my credit/debit card since Jan 2013 from this company. I am no longer using your application since January 2013 and I also didn't know what kind of application that your charged. Can you please stop charge it from my account. Tq
 2nd of Oct, 2013 by   AppBuy 0 Votes
Thanks for your comment, and we wanted to apologize for any inconvenience. It appears that you have signed up to a monthly subscription via one of our applications (http://www.appbuy.com/store). There are a few ways to unsubscribe: 1) Contact support at any of the numbers here http://appbuy.com/contact, and have your account number and/or the first 6 and last 4 of the credit card used to subscribe, along with the date of the charge. 2) Email customercare@appbuy.com your account number and/or the first 6 and last 4 of the credit card used to subscribe, along with the date of the charge, with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.

20th of Oct, 2013 by   FJLarisma 0 Votes
This is in connection with the unauthorized charges on my credit card on 12 sept 2013. I could not remember buying any product from your company that date. However, i was charged with $15.19 which is equivalent to Php 671.78. I saw in one of the complaints that said deduction maybe done probable because i unawarely sign a monthly subscription on your company. I wanted to stop said subscription that is why i followed the instruction you gave to one of the complainant on how to unsubscribe. However, until now i haven't received any reply. What shall i do?
 21st of Oct, 2013 by   AppBuy 0 Votes
Hello @FJLarisma... Thanks for your comment. The quickest way to get a reply is to call our toll free number here http://appbuy.com/contact. If you have contacted us by email, you should have a reply soon.

15th of Nov, 2013 by   sushma N 0 Votes
Money is deducting from my bankaccount every month without any subscription to APPBUY.com.
I want to claim back my money.
 18th of Nov, 2013 by   Franson Davis 0 Votes
Honestly this Apps Buy is ripping people when they don't check their CC's, i have been taken to a surprise when i check my CC this month to tell me Apps Buys is charged me for some stupid Anti Virus so called android since may to Nov almost $77, and they didn't even notify the buyer such claims under the apps.
I am taking this matter to the next level if i don't get a refund.

08/05/2013 131025932 PUR Advance Fee-(International)(840) at APPBUY.COM - WILMINGTON 2.00$

16/05/2013 131950738 Purchase at APPBUY.COM 888-7262814 7.96$

19/06/2013 137395405 Purchase at APPBUY.COM WILMINGTON US Original 7.96$

19/06/2013 137395405 PUR Advance Fee-(International)(840) at APPBUY.COM WILMINGTON 2.00 $

17/07/2013 141132493 Purchase at APPBUY.COM WILMINGTON 15.19$

18/08/2013 145796171 Purchase at ARMOR FOR ANDROID 4803270700 (16/08/2013) 15.19 $

17/09/2013 150071549 Purchase at APPBUY.COM WILMINGTON 15.19 $

18/10/2013 154693742 Purchase at APPBUY.COM WILMINGTON 15.19 $
18/10/2013 154693742 PUR Advance Fee-(International)(840) at APPBUY.COM

03/11/2013 156979456 Purchase at APPBUY.COM WILMINGTON 15.19$

03/11/2013 156979456 PUR Advance Fee-(International)(840) at APPBUY.COM 2.00 DB
WILMINGTON

Appbuy is looting people.
 18th of Nov, 2013 by   AppBuy 0 Votes
Hello Franson,

Thanks for your comment. We just private messaged you, but wanted to post here as well. Please let us know if we were able to answer your question?

19th of Nov, 2013 by   ILIESA RAVOUVOU 0 Votes
I discovered that charges on my debit card.I am no longer using your application and also you did not notify me. Can you please stop charging it to my account
 19th of Nov, 2013 by   AppBuy 0 Votes
Hello Iliesa,

2nd of Dec, 2013 by   DF Julie 0 Votes
I have been getting charges on my business checking account since May 2013 from APPBUY.COM for a service I never signed up for. I called "customer service" to have it canceled and all charges refunded and the customer service rep was no help at all. I don't even have an Android and my (non-Android) phone is not and never has been charged to this business account. I not only want it canceled and refunded, I want to be shown proof of me signing up for this app and charges.
 2nd of Dec, 2013 by   AppBuy 0 Votes
Hello DF Julie... I just PM'd you, but wanted to post the PM here as well...

Hi Julie,

I completely understand your frustration. I would be concerned as well if I saw an unknown charge on my account. I am happy to personally take care of resolving this issue for you.

In order to further assist you I would need some information in order locate your account. I would need the first 6 and last 4 numbers of the credit/debit card that is being charged. If you would not like to post that information here, please email us at customercare@appbuy.com. I will personally keep an eye out for any emails from you. Please mention my name – Jared – in the email.

Once I receive the information to locate your account I will be sure to give you further information and cancel your account.

I hope this was helpful.

Jared
 3rd of Dec, 2013 by   SumanB 0 Votes
Hi Mr. Jared,
I m in the UAE and have been charged many times. At first I was charged for a little amount which I didn't mind but just today I was charged UAE dirhams 184.75 which is exactly $ 50.47 and I strongly condemn this sort of fraud now and I want my money back asap. I have filed a report and they are investigating on this matter.
 4th of Dec, 2013 by   AppBuy 0 Votes
Hello SumanB,

We also PM'd you, but wanted to post this here as well...

Thanks for your comment, and we wanted to apologize for any inconvenience. It appears that you have signed up to a monthly subscription via one of our applications (http://appbuy.com/store). There are a few ways to unsubscribe: 1) Contact support at any of the numbers here http://appbuy.com/contact, and have your account number and/or the first 6 and last 4 of the credit card used to subscribe, along with the date of the charge. 2) Email customercare@appbuy.com your account number and/or the first 6 and last 4 of the credit card used to subscribe, along with the date of the charge, with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.

5th of Dec, 2013 by   SumanB 0 Votes
I know this is how you guys operate. You decieve customers with the $.99 initial download fee. The customers will think that is the only amount they have to pay and blindly press i agree button. There are no such prior information about being monthly subscribed and charged with whooping $50 every month. See, even the banks dont hide the payment thing into the ever long terms and conditions. You guys are so smart to know the fact that people will have no time to go through all of your terms and conditions and just hit I AGREE option. Then your job is done. You charge that amount every month unless somebody emails you. But you people know what to say. Just type a reply that says we are subscribed to this and to that. ...and if wr wish to cancel our subscription then do this and do that. But the damage have already been done. The money's gone anyway.this is total fraud mann. You gotta stop this guys. Not everybody can afford this huge amount.
 6th of Dec, 2013 by   AppBuy -1 Votes
Hello @SumanB

We PM'd you, but wanted to post this here as well...

Hello SumanB,

Thank you for your comment(s). At AppBuy.com we pride ourselves on our customer care and providing the highest quality application to our users. If you are not 100% satisfied with the application, please contact customer support for a refund.

6th of Dec, 2013 by   SumanB +1 Votes
Isn't this whole story not clear to you what i want. i want my full money back.you guys tricked us. You showed us the $.99 download fee only and out of hurry and being assured we click on the i agree button. The logic is iTunes never has hidden subscription charges. People can assuredly click i accept button. Then you you???. U guys hide the most expensive amount in the everlong terms and condition sectionIsn't this whole story not clear to you what i want. i want my full money back.you guys tricked us. You showed us the $.99 download fee only and out of hurry and being assured we click on the i agree button. The logic is iTunes never has hidden subscription charges. People can assuredly click i accept button. Then you you???. U guys hide the most expensive amount in the everlong terms and condition section which people either, dont have time to go read all, trust that that's the only amount we need to pay and for not informing us the bigger subscription charges prior to downloading. The app has also made my phone very slow and my battery is draining very fast these days and i have to leave it for servicing. You guys have also cheated me and barred me from sending my hard earned money back home to my parents cos that money for us is multiplied in hundreds.i wish i was in the United States and drag your company to the court for all the financial and psychological losses you have incurred me past few days. I want my money returned in full asap. which people either, dont have time to go read all, trust that that's the only amount we need to pay and for not informing us the bigger subscription charges prior to downloading. The app has also made my phone very slow and my battery is draining very fast these days and i have to leave it for servicing. You guys have also cheated me and barred me from sending my hard earned money back home to my parents cos that money for us is multiplied in hundreds.i wish i was in the United States and drag your company to the court for all the financial and psychological losses you have incurred me past few days. I want my money returned in full asap.
 7th of Dec, 2013 by   SumanB +1 Votes
I want my full money refunded. You should have known from this ever ending story that i have been posting. You guys tricked me and a lot of others. You posted a small download fee of $.99 in a clearly visible part and hid the most expensive subscription part in the ever long terms and condition. Who is stupid to pay $50 every month for just an antivirus. The program is also not a hit as it makes the phone very very slow and my battery has also started draining fast due to it. The most important part is why did you guys hid the most important money part in a one hit I AGREE button. Obviously customers will be assured that the download fee is enough to run for life time and that what apple and other online businesses do. After reading the terms and conditions there was no mentioning of the amount. The only mentioned thing was that we will be charged daily and monthly basis. Common man! a normal people cannot afford this expensive app had they been informed clearly near the " install app " section. Why was it not mentioned???.you people know the answer why didn't you. Mr. Jared i am in the UAE to work and earn money so that i can support my poor parents back home. Dollar is multiplied in hundred's in our country so there is no way i would wanna subscribe to this expensive app if it was clearly mentioned. I'm totally not satisfied with this app and the way you force sell your products. I am suffering from chronic depression due to this illegally withdrawing money from my card. Why don't you see all those customers who have bought something and especially this armor for android app are facing similar situation like mine. I just wish i was in the united states so that i could drag your company to the court for all the financial and psychological losses that you have incurred me for this past few days. Seriously i want my full money refunded asap. .
 7th of Dec, 2013 by   gfeiqpugriqp +2 Votes
i have not purchased nor given the company any of my credit card information however there has been a deposit made for your company THREE TIMES. please explain how this is possible.
 9th of Dec, 2013 by   AppBuy +1 Votes
Hello @SumanB,

We just PM'd you, but wanted to post our response here as well.

Thanks for your comment. To unsubscribe: 1) Contact support at any of the numbers here http://appbuy.com/contact, and have your account number and/or the first 6 and last 4 of the credit card used to subscribe, along with the date of the charge. 2) Email customercare@appbuy.com your account number and/or the first 6 and last 4 of the credit card used to subscribe, along with the date of the charge, with "Unsubscribe/Refund" in the subject line.

Please also have the date(s) of the charges handy as that will make the process go faster.

Fraud Seeks Personal Information In Exchange For Tax Rebate