logo

employment rippoff

apollo transfer company llc
422 s. madison dr ste1
Tempe, Arizona
This basically how Apollo works as an employer. They run ads nationwide promising big money driving trucks. A typical run for them goes like this. They assign you a used truck that has been sold. The truck is in say Kansas City.You have to transport yourself to Kansas City at your expense by car or greyhound. Then you move the truck say to Atlanta, Ga. You get payed .65 cents a mile but out of that you pay all expenses of moving the truck, including fuel, which typically run more than .65 cents a mile.You have to figure how are you getting back from Atlanta. You can greyhound it back or call someone at home to come and get you.They almost never have anything going back.You get your car in Kansas City and drive home. The trip paid $520.You spent $320 in diesel.It cost you $40 in gas to get to KC.$120 greyhound back.5 Mcdonalds meals at $8 each is $40.$40 in gas to get back from KC. They got their truck moved for free for which they charged the customer $1000. You lost three days of your time and $40. You get mad and quit and they call another guy who called in on the ad and he starts tomorow morning.
Comments United States Employers
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More apollo transfer complaints
apollo transfer - screwed by apollo

Comments

4th of Aug, 2009 by   VKHafford 0 Votes
I dont know if i agree or not... I worked for Apollo but it was back in 2003 and when I 1st started it was only .25 a mile( later .45) and if you bought gas or oil or anything FOR THE TRUCK and had a reciept they refunded the prices... you're saying they dont anymore??? Also then we got the "com-checks" (it was a few months after I left they added the com-cards). They didn't reemburse for lodging or travel between trucks, but they did gas reciepts. And truck advances came out of pay check. And they were supposed to alott $15 dollars per day for food, but I never saw that. Anything I recieved was deducted...lol.
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   tyrell 0 Votes
I dont know what happened in your day but nowadays most drivers lose money.I was able to work for them for a year and a half because I inherited money when my Dad died.I made a run for them from Tampa florida to elizabeth nj, for example, that paid $780. It was an ancient triaxle dump that had a bad motor and a fuel leak. The truck broke down and had to be towed, cost $250. Three motels cost $225. Tolls to New jersey cost $50. Fuel cost $800.Cab to greyhound cost $40.Greyhound back to Kansas City cost $180.Cab to my car cost $35.The money they paid just covered the cost of fuel plus $20.I lost $800 plus 5 days of my time. They made $700. This was unusually bad, but this just shows that your losses arent limited to the amount they pay you while they never lose, only the driver can lose money on a trip. I typically cleared between $35 and $225 a week for 7 days of running.
 26th of Feb, 2011 by   msm427 0 Votes
I have to agree with this complaint. I did a "local" run in Colorado of a bobtail semi that broke down on me. Apollo blamed it on "not having enough fuel" in the tanks even though sticking them produced 4 inches of fuel per tank. I sat in winter weather for over 8 hours waiting of management to decide what they wanted to do with the vehicle because they tried everything they could do to avoid an expensive tow. A rig finally came and got the tractor off the roadside the next day and was taken to a Volvo shop which a week later proved that the problem was a bad computer relay. This is just one of MANY problems I had working for them.
 20th of Jun, 2011 by   why do i bother 0 Votes
Yeah i just recently worked fro them from mar 10 to jan 11, and they suck, out of a rating of 100 for bad performance and safety, they rate a 90 on a scale of bad all around company. They dont care about driver safety, and they dont care, as long as they get there share of the profits. There drivers are underpaid, and frankly they way some drive are going to kill themselves or someone on the road. The man who runs the office for them in ft.smith, AR, takes so many meds, its unreal, has diabetes, drives all the time, doesnt let anyone drive, and ive been with that crew on so many occasions, he actually falls asleep behind the wheel, with other people in the vehicle, talk about not SAFE. This company sucks, and i would not recommend them to anyone at all. when you complain, they say, stop bitching, i actally had to call the NTSB to have them investigated. And i also called Penske, as that is one of there big accounts, and had to report them on how Apollo was handling there equipment. BAD BAD BAD, NOT SAFE, AND DONT CARE.
 2nd of Nov, 2011 by   mj in phx 0 Votes
I agree with you guys this company SUCKS I worked for theses ASSHOLES for three months I had two days off in that time, I was in Fargo and needed to get back to Phoenix and Greg the lying mother fucking said no I have no trucks going south which I knew that was another lie. So I had to quit to get home. Guys don't trust this lying bunch of ASSHOLES get everything in writing from them and then they won't do as that said. The VP for the company Phil is the same way so he's worthless piece of shit also.

Six Energy-Saving Tips For Winter