logo

Posted:    pshannon21

RIPOFF CON ARTISTS

AnyTime Fitness
Panama City, Florida
M e and my fiance joined AnyTime Fitness in October 2009 and they explained "all" of the rules and so forth, as well as stating that you could cancel anytime as long as you pay a fee.

We simply agreed and signed up.

In December they tried to Charge my bank for that month before they were supposed to and therefor the money was not yet in the bank. I wasn't contacted by them and I assumed all was well so I put the money in the bank so hey could take it out on the date they had been taking it out before.

A week went by and the money was still in the bank but I figured they were just having tech problems. They contacted me two days after I found out the money was still in the bank. I explained to them that I was told before the date the money would be taken out, and they said I was wrong even though they had been taking it out on the date I knew of since my service began.

I went into the gym to pay in cash in person so that it didn't take long to process that way. I put $30 in my bank because I was saving it for gas to get back and forth to my new job, and when I went to take it out one morning before work because the tank was on empty I found a NEGATIVE BALANCE! Those theives had charged my bank 4 days after I paid them in cash in person.

I was so furious I immediately called them after calling the bank, (to see why my balance was negative).

They said that they did NOT charge me twice and I told them how I called my bank and found out it was them, they quickly apologized, realizing their "mistake" and said I should have my refund back into my bank in like 3 weeks.

I told ABC Financial that it was almost Christmas, I needed to get back and forth to my job and they TOOK the money I was going to use for gas, so I needed the refund now.

Keep in mind while reading that my membership is $75 a month, I had $30 in the bank. That means I get one of those wonderful over-draft fees.

I called the gym itself and explained how I couldn't wait just because of their "mistake". They called me into the office, and tried to say I owed them the money that they took, so therefor now I owed them nothing and they owed me nothing.

I wasn't going to leave with that type of response because I knew who was right and who was wrong. She called ABC Financial and they told her she was wrong. They told her they charged me twice and that I could either receive a refund or I could leave the payment and not have to pay for January.

I said I needed the refund and they issued me one.

Three days later, I was checking my bank status, and found that they had refunded my bank as well. So I went back to owing them money for December. ABC Financial called shortly after and said I had a late fee for not paying the gym!!!

THEY CHARGED ME 2X AND REFUNDED ME 2X!!! PLUS LATE FEES AND OVER DRAFT FEES FROM THE BANK AND ALL THE STRESS AND FRUSTRATION!!!

I immediately called and asked the woman at the gym to remind me again how much it was to cancel my membership.

She told me that there was no way to cancel it unless I move far away from a place with an AnyTime Fitness or to get a doctors note saying that me and my fiance could no longer work out.

I then found out, that if you have a bill in your name they will know, I have my dads phone bill in my name as his Christmas present last year and I can't change that, so moving wasn't an option, and me and my fiance, being in great health conditons, couldn't get notes. Even if we could, they would wait, and wait, and wait until we could to so graciously let us complete our membership.

THESE PEOPLE ARE MONEY HUNGRY SHARKS. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE! UNLESS I HATED THEM.

BE WARNED! THEY ARE VICIOUS!
Comments United States Weight Loss Products and Programs
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Apr, 2010 by   Alex Mena 0 Votes
We wish to address the comments you have made regarding your experience with ABC Financial Services. We are disappointed to hear your experience was not a positive one, however, each situation differs from the next and we would like the opportunity to address your concerns.

From your comment, we gather the situation was rectified and an appropriate refund was issued. We would be happy to review the cancellation options on your agreement and will do our best to provide you with the necessary information to cancel your account. Every consumer concern is of great importance to our organization and we are anxious to rectify any discrepancy hoping you continue your workout relationship with Anytime Fitness.

Should you have any additional comments, please email memberservices@abcfinancial.com.

Alex Mena
Consumer Relations
ABC Financial Services, Inc.

Health Care Without Insurance - Medishare