logo

Relo Montreal
Kept full deposit unreasonably
3. (24 mins ago)
gosignups.com
Staff accuses customers in cheating
4. (26 mins ago)
Billing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Anthony Sylvan Pools, Frisco, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Terrible service!

Anthony Sylvan Pools Contacts & Informations

7151 Preston Road
Frisco, Texas
Phone: 972-323-5037 (5564)
www.anthonysylvan.com
I contracted with Anthony Sylvan Pools in Dallas, TX to construct an in ground pool for me because they were a large established company that offered excellent value and support at the time of purchase. But shortly into the pool construction things started going sour. My original project manager was moved to another area and his replacement seemed to take little interest in the construction details. Heavy rainfall delayed the pouring of the patio deck and in an effort to rush things they poured the deck when the ground was still too wet. As a result the deck coating crew refused to coat the deck because they said the concrete had not cured properly. Anthony Sylvan then came in and chipped up half of my deck and repoured it, in the process they left the supporting rebar laying on the sand bed rather than elevating it. Within a year that section of deck was cracking and the coating flaking off. The portion that didn't require repouring was just perfect. After many calls they sent someone out who just spackled over the cracks and painted over the flaked coating. This repeated at least twice over the next year with me asking for a more definitive repair. Finally they informed me that the 2 year warranty had expired and they wouldn't cover any repairs to the deck. Not only that but their rep told me that they always lay the rebar flat on the sand and that the rebar supports where just for inspection. Their position was that the damage was caused by shifting soil, despite the fact that the half of the deck on the exterior (hillside) of the pool area that was not replace remains pristine as does the original patio attached to the house. Throughout 2007 I went round and round with them. I contacted the original coating people (SunDeck) for an estimate of repairs and they verbally told me that that coating should have lasted 10 years and that it shouldn't be flaking off as it is so soon. When I didn't get the quote when promised from SunDeck I contacted them and they said that Anthony Sylvan had taken it and I would have to get the quote from them. It took approximately a month to get the quote from Anthony Sylvan and approximately a month to get an agreed upon unbiased contractor to review the damage also. This unbiased contractor (frequently used by Anthony Sylvan) reported back to them stating that the damage could of be caused by normal shifting (he confirmed to me that rebar should be elevated but I had no proof that it hadn't been) and Anthony Sylvan kept to the same old line that they were not responsible for the damage even thought the unrepaired portion of the deck (on a hillside that would be more likely to crack) remains perfect and unmarred.

Without a doubt this company had the worst post install customer service of anyone that I have recently dealt with. My troubles began when the project manager was replaced during construction and unfortunately the replacement project manager also became my warranty contact during the first two years I owned the pool. My position is that:

1. If Anthony Sylvan had initially poured the concrete in the proper conditions there would not have been a problem;
2. If Anthony Sylvan had had properly set the rebar during the repour of the deck there would not have been a problem;
3. If Anthony Sylvan had addressed the issue appropriately when initially reported instead of band aiding it, it would have been repaired within warranty;
4. If Anthony Sylvan had looked at the evidence with an unbiased eye and conducted the repairs I would be singing their praises rather than commenting on their inadequate customer support.
Comments United States Pool & Bath Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2008 by   Mark Hill 0 Votes
Try contacting the president of AS at SNedius(at)AnthonySylvan.com
 29th of Jun, 2008 by   GAry Spurlock 0 Votes
A lady friend had AS from the Garland area build her pool in Terrell and they were only 5 to 6 weeks behind the date promised. Within 6 months the pool was beginning to settle on the deep end and separate from the deck. After a couple of calls, someone finally showed up to inspect the pool and reached the conclusion that the deck was separating and that was not covered under warranty; also the 'gentleman' adjusted the valves on the equipment since they "were not set properly". What he actually did was turn off one of the skimmers because the pool had settled on one end to the extent that the skimmer was no longer in water; he failed to mention the pool was sinking and this was the cause of the deck separating. A couple of more letters and AS stated that the pool was sinking because GOD wanted it to and that was not covered by warranty. A couple of more letters and they agreed to send out an engineering firm to look at the situation; no one has ever called or showed up. The water fall is now useless since the plumbing for this feature has separated. She is now in the process of trying to get AS to return emails and is having an independent pool builder arrange for a couple of respected indendent engineers take a look at the situation.
Do NOT get the BBB involved!!!

The independant pool builder has told her that if/after the pool situation is fixed, he will replace the pump/filtering system so that it works the way it should have in the first place.
 26th of Jul, 2008 by   mary ann eggen 0 Votes
Anthony & Sylvan began our pool October 2007. It is now July 26, 2008 and our pool is still not complete!!! This is by far the poorest service I have ever received from any company...EVER! My husband and I have had 2 homes built and this is our 2nd pool. We've had numerous other projects contracted and nothing compares to the rediculously service and horrible quality we've received from Anthony & Sylvan! They had to come back to completely re-plaster because the plaster began chipping off the same day they plastered. When they re-plastered, they plastered over one of the volleyball net holes. They have never come out to do a walk-through with us. The morter around each flagstone rock is chipped. The sealcoat is cracked. There are PVC pipe pieces and rock pieces laying all around our yard. They have not come out to bring the load of dirt they promised or cleaned up. During construction, they NEVER called to tell us when they would be here. They would just 'show' up and proceed to work while letting our dogs out of the yard to run around the neighborhood. They refuse to return phone calls. We have been extrememly nice and patient, thinking you catch more bees with honey so to speak...that is over! I am about to file a complaint with the better business bureau and hope that many others do as well. It has been almost a year..no pool and we can't even have company because our backyard is a disaster!!!
 16th of Feb, 2009 by   julia 0 Votes
Anthony sylvan is the worst pool company ever. Do not ever use them--EVER!! We have had a horrible experience
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   JFL 0 Votes
We had an A & S pool installed in 05. Contract was signed at the beginning of Feb 05 with an anticpated finished date early to mid-May. They were absolutely horriable with showing up for work and maintaing a schedule. Pool was finally completed in September of 05 but that is only because we began calling them everday. Also, I believe that some of the features on our pool were misrepresented by our sales person and not as explained to us. We love our pool now, but it was a hassle having it installed.
 15th of Feb, 2011 by   S Kurtz 0 Votes
I am also an unsatisfied A & S customer in Texas. Our project manager showed up one time, that was to collect the final payment. When he saw what a mess our decking was, he decided he would wait and pick up the cash- which they insist on for the last payment- later. After that, we requested many times to meet face to face with the project manager and the Warranty and Repair Manager and still to this date they have totally ingnored our requests and simply refuse to meet with us. They send repair workmen when we are not at home. WARNING... You don't want to do business with this company. They are great with the sales pitch, but everything after that is a nightmare. They are interested in one thing only, YOUR MONEY.
 9th of Sep, 2013 by   Larry M. Bahan 0 Votes
I as well have not had a good experience with anthony sylvan pools. Mine was complete in Houston, TX in July 2013. The deck is a mess. They told me today that they are a production pool company and I got what I paid for. Totally disappointed in their attitude. They think everyone is stupid

2011 Inflation Forecast