logo

Ross Dress For Less
Dont EVER work here!!!
3. (2 mins ago)
Direct General Auto Insurance
customer dis satisfied of insurance coverage not legit
4. (11 mins ago)
Fox TV Sports
Score box off the screen
5. (13 mins ago)
Zoosk
the say free. and you cant reieve orsend emails

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Annual Minutes Requirement Statement, Tallahassee, Florida Complaints & Reviews - SCAM FRAUD BEWARE

COMPLIANCE SERVICES Contacts & Informations

Annual Minutes Requirement Statement

Posted: 2011-02-05 by    alajme2203

SCAM FRAUD BEWARE

Compliance Services Florida - Minutes Requirement Statement
Tallahassee, Florida
My business received official looking documents from COMPLIANCE SERVICES in TALLAHASSEE, FL requesting me to fill out a Shareholder info form and send it in along with a $125.00 payment by a very short deadline date. The form's title was " ANNUAL MINUTES REQUIREMENT STATEMENT - DIRECTORS AND SHAREHOLDERS "( CS FORM MIN-FL011 )

It looked official enough, particularly since the return address was in Tallahassee, Florida. However, I have never seen anything like this before, so I called my accountant, who confirmed that this is a SCAM and told me to throw the papers in the garbage.

Apparently, these people are hitting up others in different states with the same scam. I'm not sure how they are still operating, as the Florida Attorney General is aware of them. They appear to be farming Corporation data from public records and sending these notices out, with the hopes that businesses fall for their scam and send in the $125.

If you do receive this paperwork IGNORE IT as it is not official documents from the state of FLORIDA.

The FLORIDA ATTORNEY GENERAL has issued a previous statement regarding these scammers:

"Over the past several months, the Attorney General’s Office has received numerous complaints against several of these companies. Last week the Attorney General settled a lawsuit against one such company, Corporate Compliance Center, over allegations that the company misled Florida businesses relating to the sale of corporate minutes reports. Two other companies, Corporate Minutes Compliance Service and Corporate Minute Services, were prevented from operating in Florida when the Attorney General’s Office threatened litigation."

LOOKS LIKE THESE PEOPLE KEEP SLIGHTLY CHANGING THEIR COMPANY INFO TO AVOID DETECTION. THE NEWEST NAME IS: CORPORATE SERVICES

BUSINESS OWNERS BEWARE!!
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Feb, 2011 by   FDL_HOU 0 Votes
They also use the same scam in California.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   Anjelwings 0 Votes
OMG this was a HUGE help for me, I am new to this small business ownership stuff so I was freaking out about submitting this paperwork ASAP. Thank you!!!
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   A/C Express Corp 0 Votes
I received one to. My business is barely making it and I didn't even have that money. They tell you to send it ASAP and give you a short deadline to come up with the money. When I read the note in the bottom it said it had nothing to do with the annual meetings filed at sunbiz so i googled it. OMG i love google. It just save me a big mistake.

Thank you for the info.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   S.O.L 0 Votes
I think it's all part of a certain Mr Louis Gibson's plan to take over the world...
 18th of Feb, 2011 by   Kat Lilly 0 Votes
I received the same papers today in the mail. They do look authentic, but upon looking at the return address on the envelope it said "This is not a government document. Just another scammer trying to make illegal money. The return address on the envelope:
Compliance Services
400 Capital Cir. SE
Postal Mail Box 18321
Tallahassee, FL 32301
 17th of Mar, 2011 by   Harold D 0 Votes
I got the exact same document and the states phones are busy. I'm sending it to the Attorney General & anyone else receiving it should do the same.
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   Rober202 0 Votes
Hello, I got in the mail the same document from compliance services with exactly the same address, thank you.
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   Natalie1127 0 Votes
Thank You so much! I got one in the mail today and immediately looked it up to see if it was a scam since I had never sxeen anything like it! m so glad I found this site. Also, if anyone used Lease Finance Group (LFG) for their credit card terminals, a company called SKS and associates got a hold of their info and have been directly debiting money out of the accounts and then sending letters saying it was monwy due from an audio 2-3 years ago. THEY ARE NOT REAL! Call your bank immediately to dispute the charges. I was lucky enough to get the money back for my company.
 1st of May, 2011 by   mpatel34734 0 Votes
We have received a similar one from Compliance Services out of Tallahasse.
 2nd of May, 2011 by   Dave2344 0 Votes
I also want to say thanks to everyone. I just received the same document. Thank you for saving me the stress and the money.
 4th of May, 2011 by   J50000 0 Votes
What should you do if you were caught by this scam? Unfortunately, I was last year
 6th of May, 2011 by   Evi G 0 Votes
We just received this letter and being just a tad suspicious when someone asks for money I did my research and found these comments and confirmed it with our accountant! It's in the trash now!!!
 20th of Jul, 2011 by   awilkinson23 0 Votes
I just got the same paperwork and was about to fill it out and send the money thinking that this was from the state of GA (where I live). When I looked at the address on the return envelope, I noticed it was "Complaince Services" in Macon... total scam!!! Thanks so much for posting this and alerting us to this situation. These people should go to jail.
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   thestars 0 Votes
These people are scum. Just received the Notice for 2012 - sigh...
 24th of Jan, 2012 by   A/C Tech Service Corp. 0 Votes
i am from Miami and its1/24/12 @ 3.38 pm I recieved the annual minutes requirement
I was about to pay when I actualy read it and it was apparently a scam. Thanks all for post . It was clear after I read the post here and other places.
Hector R
 25th of Jan, 2012 by   Gillerc 0 Votes
I receive the same form (CS FORM MIN-FL12) "Annual minutes requirement statement Directors and Shareholders (Business Corporations and it was sent out on January 18, 2012! Thank you for taking the time to write this post. It was very useful!
 27th of Jan, 2012 by   F Eddie A +1 Votes
I wander how many people fall for it...people that are new in the business, don't know English or even don't have computer skills and use only the regular mail system... the question is...can this P O BOX "Postal Mail Box 18321 Tallahassee, Fl 32301" be investigated by the Postal Police or law enforcement? I bet some people will be glad of recovering those checks!!!...I received the form on January 26, 2012, did my research on it and I found all these comments... Thank you all and like all of you I also taking my time to write this...excellent work!!!...Eddie A.
 1st of Feb, 2012 by   M Racing Flix 0 Votes
Yes we recieved on from Compliance Services, 400 Capital Cir SE, Tallahassee, FL 32301.
It just seemed out of place and I was right.
 2nd of Feb, 2012 by   hana l 0 Votes
wow, i'm so glad that looked this up before sending a check.. Thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I hope everyone looks at this website before sending in their money...
 3rd of Feb, 2012 by   Pulse Branding 0 Votes
I also received this document: Annual Minutes Requirement Statement Directors and Shareholders (CS Form MIN-FL12). The company requests you fill out the form and send in $125.00. The company is Compliance Services 400 Capital Cir SE, Postal Box 18321 Tallahassee, FL 32301.
I only found out this was a SCAM because I googled to get the form and your link was the first one so I clicked it. Thank you for saving me $125.00. I am going to send a copy of this form along with a letter to the state's Attorney General in Tallahassee. My company is a small promotions and branding corporation and every little bit helps and hurts us. Thank you, Stephen Naas Pulse Branding Inc.

5 Tips to Pick the Right Hospital