logo

Munnik Basson Dagama Inc
identity account
5. (1 hr 7 mins ago)
Leor Skin Care
They started to steal from us

Consumer Tips & Tricks

animetower.com

Posted:    dragontamer

No refund

toweranime.com
I have been searching for some hard to find manga books for a long time and found them on a website called animetower.com. I ordered them back in September 2010 around the 21st. I received to updates. One was an order confirmation and the second was an order processing. After not receiving an update for a couple weeks I finally emailed asking the status of my order. Someone named Donna responded and said they did not have my books in stock and would backorder them. I requested for the order to be canceled and to receive a refund for the undelivered items. Donna responded again saying my order was canceled and that my account should shortly show that I had been refunded. I never received a refund and started doing some research on this website because my bank statement shows that a different website, animerider.com, charged my account and not toweranime.com. I called the number that was listed and a woman answered in another language then in english said I had the wrong number and hung up before I could say more than hello. It turns out that toweranime.com is a scam website along with it's connecting websites of which there are many such as animerider.com, bestnhobby.com, animedvdusa.com, discountanimeusa.com, and macanimestore.com to name a few. Do NOT order from any of these websites! They will not deliver or refund.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Oct, 2010 by   Genex +1 Votes
See if your credit card company or bank will make a chargeback. I think it's 30-45 days to ask for one.
 9th of Nov, 2010 by   Kingcard 0 Votes
There is no Donna @ TowerAnime.com
I called them and a guy named Kang give me the order status.
He told me he is a manager and his boss name is Youn.
I ordered DVD sets and Figures three times from the site and received the orders approximately two weeks later.
 26th of Jan, 2011 by   xsoloboyx -2 Votes
Great site and anime quality is good, no better site out there. Sites like animedvdbox.com should be avoided which is scam site.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   hillworth +2 Votes
I have an order with Toweranime.com and so far it is not looking good, i have no idea what is back order. there site said all was in stock and they have charged my credit card. and it been 3 weeks and i have sent few email asking questions and getting responses like " they are on order from are manufacture " still no update on the order or tracking number ( saying its shipped) .
on top of all that cross border shipping is about 16.5% or more.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   hillworth +1 Votes
Ya right... the items are fine, if you ever get them. but good luck. if its and easy item you can get at your local store sure. but if not you could be back ordered tell they reprint or remake it. and then it might be called something else.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   hillworth +1 Votes
ok on my order i have not gotten most of it. finally there are several back order items they they " say in stock (still)" and they have said many different story's about it and the order. 1. the items are on back order and soon as we get them from our distributor we hope one week we will send them out. 2. if you like most people get store credit for the items on back order instead. ( shipping will not be refunded ) 3. we will return your money to you. ( shipping will not be refunded).
Most times they are not responding to me, or trying to give me " mass messages " for all the standard complaints. and yes i have seen several different www. and other named company's now with just this 1 order. even the shipment was not sent from them.
PLEASE DON"T TRY THIS FOR YOUR SELF. THIS IS A BAD BAD PLACE.
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   AUGUSTACYBORG13 +1 Votes
Don't trust Animetower.com. I just placed an order a week ago (before I really searched for the complaints that I now know about on this company) and even though both dvds I ordered were listed as "in stock" they still had not shipped. I e-mailed them and never got a response back. So, after searching the internet, I found a phone number for them and called them. I spoke to a lady, did not get her name (and she did not speak very fluent English) and I asked her about my order. After verifying that she was with Animetower.com her answer to my question when I should expect to receive my order was "We don't ship anymore." I tried to verify what she meant, but I think what she was telling me is that they don't ship anything anymore, like they aren't selling anything. However, their site is up and running and it was able to take my debit card info. I called my bank. Nothing had been charged but we ended up cancelling my card just to be safe. This site should be avoided at all cost and should really be shut down. I have already contacted the BBB about the issue. I just hope they didn't actually get anyone's money, but I believe they have.
 1st of Jun, 2012 by   redfox_tpa +1 Votes
Who wants to file a class action suit against toweranime? I ordered $118 of product from toweranime.com more than a month ago and they will not reply to my emails about the status of my order. The contact phone number they list at their site does not exist. I will only be able to get my money back by suing them. Anybody else want to help?

Beware When Shopping Online