logo

UNSAFETY

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Animation Development Company, Encino, California Complaints & Reviews - Investment Scam

Animation Development Company Contacts & Informations

18075 Ventura Blvd., Ste. 230
Encino, California
Phone: 1800-984-2404
animationdc.com
Unfortunately, I invested in Animation Development Company in 2008 and I fear that this company may be a scam. I have not heard back from them in a long time. They have told me stories over and over again about how I will soon be getting a check reflecting a return on my investment but they are empty promises. There has been very poor communication, a lack of updates and a lot of excuses. They have asked me to invest more money but I declined because I still haven't seen any return on my first investment. I did some research: Animation Development Co. received an "F" rating on the Better Business Bureau's (BBB) website because they are not registered with the Dept. of Corporations and SEC and are selling shares illegally. I was originally contacted to invest in a company called Headstart Entertainment which was a complete rip-off. I have now come to realize that the same salespeople who were raising money for Headstart now work at Animation Development Co. Here are some of the people who were illegally selling shares for both companies:

Ira Warkol (aka "Ira Warren")
Bruce Robinson
James Gallagher (aka "James Stevenson")
Ed Cohen (aka "Mike Matthews")
Herman Ray
Howard Miller (could be a fake name)

I have filled out complaint forms for the CA Deparment of Corporations (http://www.corp.ca.gov/about/complaint.asp), the Attorney General's Office (http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL)and the SEC (www.SEC.gov). Please file a complaint. Let's stop these people and get our money back!

Josh
Comments United States Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Oct, 2010 by   scott l 0 Votes
i have had the same experience. lets get a lawsuit agianst them. please contact me at leiboldrecomanta@yahoo.com
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   cartoon_boy +1 Votes
I run an animation studio and know first hand how many empty promises there are in this industry. I'm not defending these guys at all as they are scammers, no doubt. However, what I would recommend is that any potential investor needs to check out the studio and their client list, and even ask for references from the studio so that they can back up the studio's sales pitch. Find out what productions they've already successfully developed and how many shows they've produced. I've been in this business for 15 years and set up my own studio five years ago. I've experienced the bull**** that people come out with on a regular basis - especially people who claim to have the next 'big thing', and unless the idea is based on an already established product (eg. a book) then your chances of securing a deal are pretty slim - even with an established product you're up against a lot of competitors.

I have an investor wanting to invest in my studio, but the reality is that up until this point we've had nothing to invest in - and that's my opinion, not theirs - so I've put any negotiations with them on hold until I feel that we have a project worthy of investing. At this point I think we're there, so I'd be interested to see what they come up with.

In conclusion, don't believe the hype. Use sites like LinkedIn to see who they're connected to and why, and do a bit of behind-the-scenes research before you commit to anything.
 10th of Apr, 2011 by   bustermayhem 0 Votes
My name is Edward and I am Currently An Investor in This Company and have personally made substancial investment still waiting for a complete return, However have received plenty plus in returns. This is A terrific group of smart investors, .
 11th of Apr, 2011 by   Seth G. 2011 +2 Votes
This company finances a company called Toonzone Studios which wastefully spends all of this money. From the outside it might look like a functioning studio but it's really a spending machine for its talentless CEO, Connie Kwak. Anyone who is in the industry knows shes a talentless person with an unlimited amount of investor dollars to waste just to prove to herself that she's worth the hot air she is always blowing around town.

These people and their companies are laughed about in the industry and around the world.
Be forewarned.
 13th of Apr, 2011 by   A Happy Mom 0 Votes
Action Dad Tiny Warriors & Yoo Hoo & Friends are the next best thing to safe and enjoyable family funtime. These are cartoons that the entire family will enjoy and share for generations to come please be ready for some exciting future action from this revolutionary company, animation development company...
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   vmperella +1 Votes
You know they pay for those articles in Animation Magazine, don't you?
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   Seth G. 2011 +1 Votes
wow. I worked for these companies and I completely agree with Denco. ADC doesnt even care if they make a return. ADC/warkol/Kwak make their money buy raising money. If they make a return then that's great but to them they already made their money when that old lady wrote them a check. If one of Kwak's bad plans sells then they get to make more and that old lady might get some of her money back, but surely not a return on their investment since these companies never turn a profit.

ADC & Toonzne only care about people in the industry thinking they are important, but their efforts are fruitless. They fly first class, they stay at fancy hotels, they waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on print ads for shows that buyers refuse to buy year after year, and they've never sold a show to validate this plight. It's all ego driven on Grandma's dime. So sad.

It's unfortunate that these things have finally been said out loud but It isn't because people are happy with their returns. The investors in these companies woke up and joined the rest of the world in realizing they don't sell childrens programing. They sell empty promises based on grownup lies, but Grandma can't retire on lies.

Grandma would of been wiser to buy herself a first class ticket to sell these products. She'd certainly garner more respect within the industry.
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   vmperella +1 Votes
Ever notice that liars talk more than they need to in a pathological need to be believed, while those who are telling the truth can just state it and be done?
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   Brianna N 0 Votes
I would just like to say congratulations to Animation Development Company. I read somewhere that one of their cartoon series' "Action Dad" that has been in production for the last few years has been sold in over 50 territories!
 21st of Jan, 2012 by   cocoxochitl 0 Votes
I think the lawsuit against ACD is proof enough that they are a scam.
 7th of Mar, 2012 by   In the know 2 0 Votes
These people who are slamming ADC are liars, plain and simple.
In the know.
 9th of Jul, 2013 by   Clare13 0 Votes
People throw around the word like scam, with no real proof.
This is a great company that children are the ones to benefit. Now is this a scam where children benefit??? This is a separate company from the one that you mentioned before. Toon Goggles is world-wide company and more and more companies are getting involved. If you have proof that Toon Goggles is a Scam we need proof, as this country is built on laws and proof. Please if you think and have proof thatToon Googles is a SCAM go to the courts and find out who is right and who is wrong.
 31st of Jul, 2013 by   Brian34 0 Votes
I would love to speak to someone who has invested in Toon Goggles to compare notes and see who initially contacted them to invest. I am an investor but have grown skeptical. Please contact me at brian@bigcloudinc.com .
 23rd of Oct, 2013 by   James Edward Gallagher 0 Votes
My name is James Gallagher.I worked with Animation Development Company for several years.I had no idea what was going on behind closed doors.This action against me has caused me not to be able to be employed by other investment companies.I would like proof that I was aware of what was going on behind closed doors.If not I demand that my name be removed from the Animation Development company complaint article. Sincerely, James E.Gallagher

Pro-Consumer Experts Give Tips for Car Buyers

Latest Groups