logo

ANC (Kansas City)

Posted:    Stan Wolpiuk

Extorts money

Kansas City,KS, Kansas
Promises payment of award of $1, 000, 000.00, but in mean time is asking for $11.89 in cash, check or money order to secure premium offer.Once money is paid it acts as if check was never received and keeps asking for the same payment over and over.Check has cleared the bank shortly after it was mailed. It is all done via US mail and certainly looks like a scam to me.
Comments United States Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jan, 2009 by   joe rich 0 Votes
It promised me 2 million dollars, in return i have to send 11.89 cents to get a 2, 500 dollar secured premium offer. It asked me if i want the 30 year annuity of 66, 667 dollars or one lump sum of 1, 020, 000. I have 10 days to send money or no deal. I sent the money out federal express and 10 days later they send me a letter saying that they didn't receive it and they would give me 10 more days and that is it. So it sounds like a scam to me also. It is also done my Via US mail.
 9th of Feb, 2009 by   judyg 0 Votes
I have to agree with the above. I received one of their notifications today in the mail. If an award is asking for money, just don't send it. Throw it away. I tried checking this company out with BBB and they had no record. I live in Louisville, KY
 11th of Jul, 2010 by   smithness 0 Votes
My name is Karen I have receive the same letter said I will receive 2, 000, 00.00 in annually payments for $66, 667.00 or I can receive $1, 090, 000.oo lump sum. The letter came from Jefferson P. Williams @ One Pavilion Plaza Office Of President: PO BOX 2905 Kansas City KS 66110 USA. I know I haven't dont anything to recieve this kind of funds. So again this letter sounds to good to be true. I just wanted to know who are these people and how are they getting my information!
 17th of Jul, 2010 by   ShirleyR 0 Votes
I live in a very rural area & received one of these offers today. My gut instinct was that it was a scam simply because it's so vague and asks for money. The BBB and Consumers Protection Agencies all tell us not to send money to obtain a prize. Nowhere in the letter did it fully explain what you were paying for which is another red flag. I looked up NEXTGEN, INC (on the rules page) and it is a Japanese Company. They probably don't even know someone is using their good name to perpetuate a fraud.
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   unknown11102940 0 Votes
I had the same thing happen to me. DONT DO IT !!...
SCAM AND MORE JUNK MAIL!
 7th of Dec, 2010 by   CHICKEN412010 +1 Votes
Everyone is right, don't send money to win money. Good luck to all others who do this. Looking over the papers that was sent to me i notice that their was really no info to trust in this legit looking paper, until you look at the fine print about the rules and regulations. THIS IS A SCAM! AGAIN I SAY, NEVER SEND MONEY TO WIN MONEY!
 10th of Jan, 2011 by   unknown pride 0 Votes
seems like the police should catch them from a simple sting operation called greed from a sting by the power of pride by the people to serve and protect good people with a dream
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   Mikally50 0 Votes
I am a single Mom with a Mentally Disabled daughter. In lthe last 4 years my daughter has been admitted over 20 times in the hospital. Due to this I lost my job in August 2009 and til this day have noit gotten a job. I apply each day and have food stamps and I no longer have unemployment benefits. So when I receive this letter from ANC of Kansas and than soon after more and more and each time as naive that I should not be but am sent them 4 money orders. I dont have any income and this is looking so incredible to me and I actually daydream. Something told me to inquire today because today I sent another money order and received another letter. Now I will never get my $50 something dollars back. Shame on me for believing that this truly happens. I will notify the State Attorneys Office for Kansas and maybe it will notify these people to stop hurting innocent people.
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   pistatthieves 0 Votes
I think it would be a good idea for those who believed this and sent money orders to file a complaint with the US postal service for mail fraud. Here's the link.

Mail fraud is a federal offense and I for one would like to see these thieves rot in Jail.
 29th of Feb, 2012 by   dragonflydw1 0 Votes
I totally agree with all the above feedback !!! I have breast cancer and this would have helped me sooo much with getting the medicines and treatment i really need being i have a late stage cancer! Stage 3 that was in lymphnoids and hormone responsivesive!! These people are truly cruel in everyt way this affects you mentally physically and emoitionaly!! But i really believe people get whats comin to them be it good or bad!! KARMA!!! Hope the know what goes around comes around!!!
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   Gus B. 0 Votes
I saw one letter dated 2010..you would have thought that the postal service would have shut them down way before now..I just received one today by a William MacDougal.Kansas cty, same address as those abouve...The return envelope was self addressed to Commissioner of Judges...How and why are these kind of people still on the street and not in jail...Gus Butler
 25th of Jun, 2012 by   Jim/Tenn 0 Votes
I just recieved this letter today, 06/25/2012. It list's James Mallory as the prize officer.It has all the notifications and addresses that I have read from your posts. How in the heck could this be going on this long without the U.S. Postal Service getting involved. It seems to me the USPS is not chasing or following up on what appears to be an out of country scam.Surely they could be held for fraud at some level
 2nd of Jul, 2012 by   rico t 0 Votes
how can the people in authority in the usa allow this to exist???
 30th of Oct, 2012 by   jhebe63 0 Votes
I just received the ANC notification today. Thank you all for the feedback. At first I was joking about it with my wife, but then thought what the heck what's $11.89. good thing I read these reviews. It is amazing the Federal Government can find a leader in the mountains but can't catch these idiots screwing peoples hard earn money.

Beware of Moving Scams