logo

Amtren Corporation

Posted:    Garold

Problems

Amtren Corporation
I received this unit, a Flexwriter II CD/DVD Publisher in January of 2009, and I've had nothing but problems with it. The purpose of the unit is to burn and print up to 230 CDs and DVDs unattended.

Since installation, I've been unable to get the unit to work successfully. I purchased the unit in January, so I've been dealing with this for 6 months.

I've opened up two trouble tickets with dozens of entries, and left several messages with tech support. My tickets are not responded to, and my voice mails to tech support are ignored.

Basically, I've spent $2, 600 (including a 24 month extended warranty to prevent problems such as this) to have a nice looking paper weight on my desk. I don't know what to do at this point, and I feel as though I have no recourse except to warn others. How can a company support their products like this and stay in business I wonder?
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Aug, 2009 by   nike25 0 Votes
My problems are very similar to yours. It has not worked correctly after the first 30 days. Many, many calls and e-mails have gone unanswered. I am frustrated beyond belief and I too have a "very expensive" paperweight! If anyone wants to start a class action suit, count me in!
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   marlon kelly 0 Votes
i have a flexwriter micro and printer. that has giving me nothing but problems for ages. i have gotten ahold of people at amtren a few times and they promised to replace it for me. months and months go buy with no contact. 2k plus paperweight for now. there must be somthing that can be done about these crooks. mkelly71@msn.com
 4th of May, 2010 by   M. Gibson 0 Votes
Hello,
I to have been in your boat, I bought this same unit for my recording studio. I dealt with DiskMakers for a long time as Amtrem did all there repairs and built the Elite series.After facing all your issues I called Diskmakers and was told that they no longer do any business with Amtren of never being able to reach anyone as well. I hve spoken with the owner George but have been unable to reach anyone at the company. I would be very interested in being part of a class action suit. Here is my contact info. info@smallwoodstudio.com.
M. Gibson
 4th of May, 2010 by   M. Gibson 0 Votes
Hello,
On going info on Amtren Corp. Anyone with a compliant should go to ago.alabama.gov the Attorney General's Office of AL. There are no BBB records on the company, but there are 8 at the Attorney General's Office. I'm doing as much leg work as I can to start a class action suit in order to recover my monies from this company. Any one interested in being part please contract by email at info@smallwoodstudio.com.
Thanks Much,
M. Gibson
 4th of Nov, 2011 by   W.R. Casebolt 0 Votes
These complaints all look VERY similar to my complaint. We purchased our Amtren duplicator on about Sept. 29, 2008. I NEVER was able to make it work satisfactory. I was instructed to send it back & they PROMISED to refund my money. After MANY months & MANY promises, they finaly sent the duplicator back, BUT without the printer (& NEVER any money refunded). Now tell me, what good would the duplicator be without the printer. I have kept all of my communications with them (which would almost make a book) but almost NEVER did I get any response from Amtren.
If anyone is interested, I would be happy to supply copies of my letters with them. If there is ever a class action law suit, I want to be included. W.R. Casebolt Casey@goaim.org

Lawmakers Urged to Make Schools Safer