logo

Aynur Arife Yorulmaz
Been cheated by Private Immigration Service in Qubec
3. (50 mins ago)
gobuu.com
Don’t buy from this company
4. (59 mins ago)

AMTC Auditions Complaints & Reviews - Beware of and avoid this scam

AMTC Auditions Contacts & Informations

AMTC Auditions

Posted: 2011-04-22 by    Dodtre

Beware of and avoid this scam

AMTC Auditions
It was bound to happen that some group of schmucks was going to take the model search scams out there like Model Search America and jack up the price 5 to 10 times and proclaim it in the name of God. The name behind this unbelievable scam is AMTC Auditions. And guess what? This scam is even backed by the Better Business Bureau (goes to show you that the Better Business Bureau in itself might be a scam and needs to be looked into by the FTC).

Model Search America was one of the first scams that went from city to city proclaiming to be one of the best resources are models to be found and find lucrative paying jobs and contracts. The sad reality is with any of these model search and similar talent search companies the true number of people that actually get “found” or end up with contracts and similar is almost nonexistent.

For every 10, 000 people that pay into these scams there might be one person that gets selected for something and it’s usually nothing great. To make themselves look better veil actually pay local talent agencies to falsely select a fair number of people so that way when people leave these auditions and their regional meets or events they leave with a false idea that more people got selected and contracts than what really happened.

I have been to many of these events as an actual talent agent for one of the biggest modeling agencies in the world. We already know going into it that the odds of us finding someone that we want is basically zero. We are paid well by companies like Model Search America and are told behind the scenes to select a few people even if we don’t want them so that they leave feeling happy and then just don’t call them back or return their calls. I never liked these talent search and model search scams because that’s exactly what they are. Don’t ever let anyone tell you anything different than that.

When I go out looking for people that I want for my modeling agency I know am looking for and I know I’m not going to find it in one of these auditions. I go with my gut feelings and my best resource has always been airports and malls. I like those places because I can look and see what that something is there in a person and be completely under the radar. Believe me if parents and kids and other want to be models knew that I was going to be in the airport or the malls I would get swamped.

My best finds I’ve actually found as waitresses and bartenders in places like Austin Texas, Phoenix Arizona, and even in New York City in some restaurants around SoHo. But enough about me and how I actually find people for my clients and for my modeling agency. What really gets my goat is that now there is a new scam that makes these all their talent search and model search scams look like little fish in a big pond. AMTC Auditions does the same kind of presentation and scam as the others except that now they claim it is for God and not for money.

How could that be if they’re charging 5 to 10 times more money any of the other scam talent search companies out there? From numerous sources I’ve found out that they charge around $3000 for people to go to one of their “events” in Orlando Florida. People hold on to your money. There is no need for you to blow it on these folks and their scam.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Aug, 2011 by   JoAnnG 0 Votes
I just heard about AMTC coming to our area and was considering taking my daughter. I thought I would do some research first. I am so disappointed to hear that it is just a scam. It sounds similar to Barbazon Modeling and Talent Agency who have contact us in the past. I'm just glad I looked into it before wasting our time there. :(
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   Funktafied 0 Votes
JoAnn, take your daughter to an open call at any agency with digital photos that you take. Take in natural light-outside and with a clean face, no makeup. Regarding AMTC, I know a young lady that sold her car to go and total expense to fly there with her mother was $7000. She got a gig in India. Yep, this summer 2012 she will have to pay to fly to India, pay for her hotel for one month, pay for all her food and expenses, BUT she gets the "tears" from the magazine spread to put in her portfolio...NO money. She is not getting paid ANYTHING. SHE HAS TO PAY TO MODEL! AMTC IS A SCAM AND THE LOCAL AGENCY HERE IS AS WELL! They get paid to get these folks to go to AMTC.
 22nd of Jun, 2012 by   One Smart Lady 0 Votes
You all are EXACTLY right! I know someone who is going through AMTC, in spite of my pleading with them not to. Here’s what happens. After you’ve decide that this is what you want to do, they will walk you through the contract, after collecting your “$500.00 registration fee”. Which only ½ of that is refundable, if you change your mind within 3 days. While signing their contract, they will explain everything to you. Here’s basically what they tell you in a nutshell. You give me $3, 500.00 and we will teach, train and/or assist you in how to talk, walk, act, or whatever it is that you want to do and maybe you will get noticed by someone in the industry. Now keep in mind, we’re not promising or guaranteeing you anything. If you can afford to pay the $3, 500.00 in one payment, great, but if not, we have an easy payment plan. It will take you a year to pay this off with 12 easy payments of approx. 267.00 a month and a 7% handling fee. And, in one year, you can attend our SHINE convention but while you’re paying for this trip to the convention, here’s what you get….2 FULL days of training, daily devotional emails and a newsletter….nothing more. And, at the big 6 day convention, you will get 2 tickets for the participant and a guest to attend the convention, 2 tickets for the Banquet, 2 tickets to the wrap party, a photo shoot and let's not forget the t-shirt. And you must stay at the hotel where the activities are being held.

Now, if you are bringing your child and both parents want to attend, then you get to pay an additional $200 (for the other parent) to attend the 6 day workshop at the convention or if you choose not to attend the workshops on a daily basis; then you can pay $50.00 a day for only those workshops that you would like to attend. You will also pay $65.00 for the banquet and $25.00 for the wrap party, for the extra parent. Did we mention that, in addition to paying for your trip to the convention (wherever it is), paying for your meals, paying for your hotel stay for 6 days, at the hotel of our choosing, if you get hurt or God forbid die at this convention and it’s completely our fault, no one can sue us because you signed a Release, releasing us for being negligent?
It really bothers me that they use God’s name to sell false dreams to innocent hopefuls. They should just give their sales pitch and don’t bring His name into it, not unless they’re selling bibles.

I could go on and on about them but you all get the picture.
 8th of Sep, 2012 by   AMTC A COMPLETE SCAM! 0 Votes
We chose to bring our child to an open AMTC Audition. She received a call-back and we thought that this would be a good opportunity, however, something did not sit well with us and felt that their presentation seemed shady. Three weeks after the audition we decided to discontinue our dealings with AMTC after reading so many reviews of consumers expressing their dissatisfaction. These are the thoughts of our 7 year-old daughter:
"Why do you guys call yourselves a Christian program?" Come on, everybody knows you are fake! Instead you should call it W.A.A.C.P.W.A.L. which stands for WE AREN'T A CHRISTIAN PROGRAM WE ARE LIERS! You guys like to rip people off. I hope this message will turn your poor little attitude around and I hope you guys don't get any business next year and that your business will shut-down.
 8th of Sep, 2012 by   AMTC A COMPLETE SCAM! 0 Votes
Why do you guys call yourselves a Christian program? Come on, everybody knows you are fake! Instead you should call it W.A.A.C.P.W.A.L. which stands for WE ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN PROGRAM WE ARE LIERS! You guys like to rip people off. I hope this message will turn your poor little attitude around and I hope you guys DO NOT get any business next year and that your business will shut-down.
 7th of Jan, 2013 by   Explore the truth 0 Votes
I have just finished an experience with AMTC. After reading what was posted on this site I was appalled., wondering if they were describing the same company I had experienced.
Everything we experienced was first class, from the staff to the accommodations to the musicians to the facility. To contact 30 agents in one location is a bargain for what it cost. What I saw was some people upset with the way they or their child were evaluated. What you paying for is a look and critical evaluation, not some coddled praise.
Everything AMTC told us about what they would and could do was true. I did some intense research into AMTC.before we spent the money. After looking at their successes I found they delivered what they said . If you can not afford the service then go elsewhere.
The bottom line is it worked for us and a lot of other people.
 14th of Jul, 2013 by   Lilmer 0 Votes
I truly question the veracity of those previous comments. My daughter and I attended an audition and received a callback. When we were "offered" the chance to buy our way to auditions, I turned them down. A couple of weeks later we received a "scholarship" waiving all fees, provided we pay for the cost of the trip to the SHINE convention in Orlando. Although I still had some doubts, I agreed, so that we could have a fun trip and enjoy Disney World afterward.
The daily devotionals from AMTC's founder were enough to send waves of nausea through my stomach. She railed against the terrible weaknesses of celebrities when it came to the use of plastic surgery only to admit, in her conclusion, that she regretted her fall from grace. Do I really have to patiently sit through the speeches of a semi cult-leader for my daughter to model or act? The on-line "lessons" were even worse and patronizing to say the least. A training module tells me the proper decorum for introducing myself to others. Needless to say, I followed my instincts and walked away from AMTC without paying a dime.
 21st of Jul, 2013 by   Actresshopeful 0 Votes
I can't believe that the AMTC is a scam. I am a person who auditioned and got a call back. But my parents got concerned. So I have been looking up reviews and I haven't seen one good review. I am very upset because these people are messing with people's dreams and lives. I am also upset because they have messed with my family and my dreams. No one deserves to have their lives and dreams played with for someone else's amusement.
 18th of Mar, 2014 by   Katie Fain 0 Votes
I am currently an AMTC performer and it is the farthest thing from a scam. Yes, it is quite expensive, but there are ways to make money. You do have to train with acting and modeling, even if you're just wanting to sing or dance, it makes you more marketable. It's not easy, you have to work and prepare. They don't promise callbacks, and they made that very clear from the very beginning. I have learned so much, and I continue to learn . The AMTC staff has been very helpful and they genuinely care, and they want you to do great . They are always willing to help. This is a non profit organization to promote Christian performers and launch them into the entertainment industry. That's the reason for the daily devotions and the study modules are only there to help you. If you feel like this isn't your calling, you shouldn't audition in the first place. They want people who are called into this ministry, because that's what this is, a ministry. Also, they want people who are WILLING to work hard and PREPARE. They want everyone to do well at the convention, but what you put in is what you're going to get out of it. I'm having the time of my life training and I am unbelievably excited for the convention this July. I have my photo shoot this weekend and I'm extremely excited. My whole point, is AMTC is not a scam, and I recommend them to people who are called into this ministry and who are willing to work hard. Thanks for reading. -Katie
 27th of Mar, 2014 by   EthanPreston 0 Votes
Preston Law Offices is a law firm that represents consumers in class actions. We are investigating whether the fee structure and marketing practices of AMTC comply with California law. If you signed a contract with AMTC in California and paid AMTC money, please contact us using the contact information below or through this website: http://eplaw.us/talentschools/

Ethan Preston
Preston/Law Offices
8245 North 85th Way
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
(480) 269-9540

To ensure compliance with applicable rules of professional conduct, please note that this post might constitute attorney advertising.
 9th of Jun, 2014 by   Hollywoodstars 0 Votes
First of all I have to say shame on you for participating as an Agent especially if you know this is a scam. If you are a big agent you shouldn't have to go to these events anyway. I too am an agent and I am so busy I rarely have any free time to perpetuate this kind of nonsense. I get emails all day long from hopefuls and would never bring someone in if I felt they had no potential. Second many of these events are very expensive, so parents or anyone looking to get into the business beware and ask to talk to former students who have made it in the industry to see if any have. That being said if it leads to legit classes ask what the cancellation policy is and if you can sit in a class, if you feel it is low quality then don't have your child do this or don't do it yourself. Even if you know nothing about acting or modeling, as an adult you know if the person trying to teach sounds like they have knowledge of a subject. No matter what anyone says, no one is a natural even the biggest stars have taken classes at one point or another Good luck to you all, be smart and diligent when it comes to selecting the courses that start your career.
 7th of Sep, 2014 by   gosisgood 0 Votes
I recently went to an Audition with these people and they say to always stay humble, but when it comes to them they act no where near humble. They show you a video that only criticizes the famous people, which I thought "christians" shouldn't point fingers on anyone when they are far from being perfect! They should just do their thing and talk about the positive and leave everything else in God's hands They talk about how you have to pay the next day your fee of $500 when you receive the call from them, I did think all this was making any sense of too much that they charge, but that is not what opened my eyes it was the holly spirit that made me see the truth. When I was about to sing at my audition the lady stopped me and said to not get inspired and close my eyes. If this was for God and to praise him I was thinking I have to feel it and give him the praise and Glory and of course God saved me from this lie.

Symantec-Online Scam