logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
buyforexonline.com
They didn’t provide my card
2. (3 mins ago)
Loan Detector
Unscrupulous methods
3. (6 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
4. (47 mins ago)
Fake emails and charges

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

AmMed Direct/Better Care, Nashville and Antioch, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - Deceptive, Fradulent Practises and Phishing

AmMed Direct/Better Care Contacts & Informations

AmMed Direct/Better Care

Posted:    Angery Care Giver

Deceptive, Fradulent Practises and Phishing

AmMed Direct/Better Care
Nashville and Antioch, Tennessee
Phone: Multiple 800 numbers
ammeddirect.com
Soliciting confidential SSAN and RN numbers from elderly stating the won a prize and "give a way" of medical supplies used by diabetics.
Comments United States Towing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2009 by   senior caretaker +1 Votes
AmMed Direct has shipped testing supplies and served my grandmother well. They have diabetes educators, dieticians, and pharmacist on staff to help with any problems. I checked their BBB rating (A+) before I did business with them. My grandmother likes reading their newsletters, which comes with her supply shipment.
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by   Compliance Manager 0 Votes
Posted By: Compliance Manager, AmMed Direct

AmMed Direct does not contact people with "prize offerings". We do offer our free Better Care Program, which includes information on living better with diabetes, newsletters, recipes, etc. We also offer our customers access to Certified Diabetes Educators for assistance with their diets. I would be happy to review the account of the complaintant to verify that all policies were followed. Please feel free to call 877-700-3800 and ask for the Compliance Manager.
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   69dawg 0 Votes
am med direct is A HORRIBLE company. Their operations are dishonest. I quit am med over a year ago when sales commissions were unfairly changed and employees were mislead. the company does not refund money back to medicare when patients supplies are returned and they issue medicine and equipment without personal doctors consent. Rita Beard also has affairs with the racist richard biggs who referred to me and other employees as "boy" if you are black.
 17th of Feb, 2010 by   blessed40 +1 Votes
AmMed Direct IS a horrible company, I agree. It is a poorly managed company. However, I know Rita Beard and Richard Biggs VERY well and ss you know, the above statement is UNTRUE about those two. Alot of people know who wrote the statement above because you used the SAME statement "Richard Biggs...referred to me and other employees as 'boy'..." when you were leaving AmMed. I'm sorry you feel that way and I'm sorry you felt you had to post something of that sort, but just be glad you quit AmMed when you did.
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   Sick of AmMed 0 Votes
Am Med Direct is a very unprofessional company. I can believe the claims made here about poor management.

The customer service reps are rude, uninformed, and abrasive. I signed up with them a year ago on behalf of an elderly parent.

At first things seemed to go smoothly. Now we're getting calls from their customer service people at odd hours asking for the same information again and again.

When I asked the rep why he was calling, yet again, he became argumentative with me. He was talking over me and began to speak louder and louder. I tried to break in and tell him that I was not interested in arguing with him and he got even louder and kept talking. I ended up hanging up on him.

I am calling my mother's doctor today and getting a script to switch to another supplier. I won't put up with harassing phone calls.

I take care of an elderly parent, attend school full-time, and work. I signed up with this service to try to make our lives easier and for an extra layer of help to manage my mother's diabetes care. I sure did not sign up to be yelled at by some out of control customer service rep. I don't need the hassle.

They've also been shorting us on some of our supplies. When I asked why we did not get the alcohol swabs on our order, as we did with other companies, I was told that they were free but we had to ask for them. I also do not feel that the testing supplies we get are a quality product. We've gotten several bottles of testing strips where the whole bottle was fused together. I've never received supplies like that from any place else. That indicates the strips are being kept in a hot environment. The strips are supposed to be kept in a cool environment.

I don't like this company and would not suggest anyone else bother with them. They lure you in with the free cookbooks and the claim of help in managing diabetes. You'll get the free cookbooks. After that all you'll get is bad (or missing) supplies and a headache from their customer service people.
 18th of May, 2010 by   Ben22 0 Votes
Sick of AmMed - alcohol pads are actually not recommended for use with testing the blood sugar because the alcohol does mess with the readings plus it dries out the skin. The company does give those alcohol pads away free, not covered by your insurance but free so why the fuss over people that want them asking for them because the majority of diabetics don't use them.
As far as the the customer service problem did you try to talk with management or did you run to the internet to complain that way you don't have to actually be accountable? Every call is recorded so if someone was talking as you said they could simply pull the call and address it with that person.
As far as the supplies the warehouse is extremely cool not hot and for strips to be fused together wouldn't that require such massive heat at to actually melt the container they are in since its only plastic? How could the strips inside of the bottle get so hot without the bottle melting?
 19th of Jun, 2012 by   windy zeighler 0 Votes
hi'' my name is Windy Zeighler and I live in lake butler fla 3864969725
 19th of Jun, 2012 by   windy zeighler 0 Votes
my
 6th of Mar, 2014 by   mickey hobbs 0 Votes
I received brace for my back that I never ordered. This is my third call to am med. Am med puts you on hold and never picks up. Hopefully on my next call I can get this matter resolved. I believe somehow when your on Medicare companies like this take advantage of older people and the system. I don't know if I will ever get this my order returned ad our government's money back but I'm trying. Beware of Am med beyond medical.

Back to School Safety Tips