logo

They ruined my surprise

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American Standard Online, Ventura, California Complaints & Reviews - Unfair Practices

American Standard Online Contacts & Informations

35 West Main st suite#b106
Ventura, California
Phone: 866-961-6029
americanstandardonline.com
I just want everyone to know that American Standard Online is scam. The owner Susan Quinn is the same owner as Anchor House Financial. About 3 months ago I responded to an ad on craigslist. The ad said if I have a job I qualify.No credit check and dowpayment required.When i called the operator he told me the exact same thing but then he told me that I had to pay $199.00 upfront for a title search to make sure when I move into the home I would be free any back payments. When I asked him when I would be billed he responded "only when you get into the house." With all the confidence in the world I gave him my credit card and he billed it immediately without my consent. I called back the customer service number 4 times and they kept on hanging up on me . They never gave me my money so I had to call my credit card company to resolve the issue. They changed the name of the company do disguise themselves. I already made a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and I also wrote to the California Attorney General. Don't make the mistake that I made by giving them your money. They claim to be a title company, but they are not even licenced to that. These people are some big time thieves.

Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Apr, 2009 by   Dora +2 Votes
You are so right!! I just bought their program and they stole my money. BOb (an employee AND SCAM ARTIST) told me that certain home was on foreclosure for $58, 000. I went there and the home was not for sale!! It was so embarrasing. I went to another house and the house was for sale with Remax. Went to other house and the house was already sold!!! SO far I have 3 written rejections. I hope they return my $199.00, because I'm a computer programmer and a WEB designer and I'm so mad that I will create an exclusive web page just to alert people about this BIG SCAM!!!
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   Alex +1 Votes
Thank you very much to whom ever that wrote this complant. This info was very useful to me. I almost send
my money to those people. They talk so sweet on the phone
just to get your money.

Thanks again to you, you're a life and penny saver. I have nothing much to say, thanks !!!
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   Alex +1 Votes
Thanks to the person that open my mine.
 25th of Apr, 2009 by   Harold -3 Votes
I used the service and got exactly what I paid for! It is a service like many others, I happen to think that american standard online or americanstandardonline.com is one of the better services of this type out there. Yes you have to pay fee! That should go with out saying, no one is going to work on your behalf to get you into a house with nothing down and not charge you a fee. For that matter even real estate agents get a commission. I'm amazed that people are so naive to think that services are free, if it was as simple as calling a number and someone just gave you a house, don't you think everyone would have one? This is not a scam it is a legit business and you got what you pay for, I'm sure you know when you paid what you were getting but just like so many other americans you complain and do a charge back so you can get something for free. If anyone is a scam it would be you trying to use a service for free and wasting peoples time, money and resources on your behalf only to have you turn around and take your money back after service has been rendered.
 25th of Apr, 2009 by   James +1 Votes
To whoever wrote the above comment, you must be one the employees or the owner of this "americanstandardonline.com SCAM"!!! You guys, over the phone promised me that one house was in preforeclosure and there was not going to be any problem to buy it even though my credit score was low. Other promises were that "The Owners" knew about this and that they had telephone numbers and that was very easy to contact them BUT in your web page there was no contact information, only a pre-formatted letter that you have to mail to people, and they have to contact americanstandardonline.com directly!!! I found real deals in realtor.com and that site is for free!. You did not mention the 5 letter rejection that we were supossed to have with the home owners in order to receive our $199 back after 90 DAYS. How in the world you are going to receive a rejection letter when most people were not selling or preforeclosures their homes. You said we were going to get a loan but all the banks that I talked to said: "I never heard of that".

Realtors at least are honest and up front about what they are doing.

I already talked to my bank and they are doing an investigation and I'm going to pursuit with the Fraud Department because you are bad people!!!
 26th of Apr, 2009 by   Dave +3 Votes
I am a Realtor and I have to say... I just got off the phone with "Bob" aka "Scammer." I agree with every negative thing on this post and probably anything you could think negative to say that hasn't been said yet. Don't do it. I work every day for people for NOTHING in hopes that they buy a house, I have never asked my client to PAY ME $199 before I lift a finger. This is how they make their money, if enough people pay them $199, that's a "get rich scheme" FOR THEM, not you... You are just the loser that was suckered into giving them the money.

Seriously, I am sorry for anyone who actually paid the $199, if you want to buy a house call a Realtor and they will work day and night for NOTHING to help you get a home... Yes, we get paid at the end, but only when YOU GET THE HOUSE! This is a scam, nothing more.

All they are "selling" (SCAMMING) you for is called a NOTICE OF DEFAULT list AKA NOD list. You can get that free of charge from your Realtor, title company, or County, etc. etc. What it is? It is a list of PUBLIC INFORMATION that lists all houses that the bank has given notice of default on their loan (seller stopped making payments because of divorce, job loss, health/death, etc.). Anytime you have a wiered feeling stop and ask yourself, maybe I should look this up online so I can listen to everyone else tell me how they got scammed BEFORE I do.
 27th of Apr, 2009 by   Paul -1 Votes
when someone finds a home and use the listing every body thinks you work for american stand. which in realty i do work with them 199.00 for a service that a real estate agent charges 20 times more then that is a diffrence of service.. if you know how to buy a home.. and dont need help.. then buy a home .. or just sit and blog blog blog away

plus i spent 50 dollars on every rental app

and twice the amount of the rent for a deposit

so come on people your not going to get a home for
199 dollars

so thats you fault im an investor of proerty
and your right there isn't alot of proerty but i still have a
year with them so lets see what happens

i will keep you posted
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   Stacey54 0 Votes
I subscribed to this web page this past saturday. My boyfriend and I went this morning to drive by one of the properties and the home was for sale by owner. We made a call and they told us that they have never subscribed to any americanstandardonline shit and that they are not behind any payment. The home was for sale for $450, 000 and www.americanstandardonline.com was posting the house for $61, 000. Just imagine why a house that really cost 450k would cost 61k, They easily can just sale by owner for 250k. Whatever, I got a rejection letter and waiting 90 days to have my money back. The other deals are not good. I think they just make up all those prices or at least one price by city so they can scam people. We do not know what to do but we are going to the police station later with the home owner. We will appreciate any legal help.
 29th of Apr, 2009 by   Shizle 0 Votes
Thank you all for your comments. I just about paid the $199. Thank goodness I checked first. Ok I actually gave them a credit card that was not good first so I am glad it didn't go through now. I will look at the free listings and go the legit way!
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   truth be told 0 Votes
Realtors such as the guy making all the comments as if he is so grandious when many of you realtors have blood on your hands in so far as our present recession. You guys help cause the economic present downturn. You help sell all these homes and put these buyers together with the loan people who did all these bad prime loans. You got your 3 to 6% per sale. Now all of you knew these loans were bad and you did not care. You have the audacity to now act as You are in a glass house throwing stones and nasty comments because people now have to leave their homes, do short sales or RENT TO OWNS in order to stay above water. SHAME ON YOU.

You should bury your head in complete shame.
 1st of May, 2009 by   truth be told 0 Votes
These companies that all of you are complaining about, would not exist if it were not for realtors, loan people and wall street.Put the blame where it really should be. Does any of this make it right. No. But let's be fair and point the finger in the right direction.

AND YOU MR. REALTOR NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBLITY FOR THESE COMPANIES THAT YOU HELPED FORM. THEY WOULD NOT EXIST IF REALTORS DID THE RIGHT THING IN THE FIRST PLACE.
 1st of May, 2009 by   disapointed 0 Votes
I paid the money, then googled the company(backwards). i feel sick to my stomach. im despuiting the carges with my bank. lesson learned...yet karma is a bitch!
 4th of May, 2009 by   Manuel +2 Votes
I found a home in preforeclosure and i must say the price was dead on and it was still ready for payment takeover i never purchased a home before... To say the least im already negotiating the price with the bank.
And they aren't claiming to be a title company.. In fact the lady that started this post owns here own Preforeclosure Listing Comp known as First Step Equity.com i spoke to a lady at american standard and she explain that they are competitors that offer the same service from my understanding i think its fair to say
that i paid a person to help me find a apt and i paid more then 200.00 at the end of the day you did buy a service
just use it! I did

And by the way the only reason i found this blog is because i referd someone and he called me back and told me what he found after he couldn't find the website online and he google it

Just don't believe everything you read
 5th of May, 2009 by   grace 0 Votes
i want to thank the people that got scammed for posting these comments. i am a hard working women with a grandchild on the way. no one will give me a loan to buy a house and i almost went for it. something in side to me to check the internet on this company and i did and found all of ur comments. i'm sorry you got scam but thank you for helping the little people out
 5th of May, 2009 by   abalargh 0 Votes
Called the company and got a number to call back direct in case I actually did decide to give them my money. I decided to do some research before I made that kind of financial decision. Just so ya'll know, there is very obviously some nay-sayer jumping around websites telling people that everything is ok with this company...they continue to use the same lines over and over. For example.

"It's not a scam!

Your paying for a service, they help you get into a pre-foreclosed home with nothing down. It's funny how people are so willing to pay a real estate agent a 10 percent commission or higher on a house, which is usually $10, 000 or more. But if a company charges you $199 it's a scam? I would rather pay $199, I think real estate companies are scams and are the reason along with mortgage brokers why are economy sucks. Take advantage of the recession and get yourself a cheap house. I say do it!"

That's Jason from http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090424133544AAQKpUQ .

Sounds a lot like the people on this page to me. I didn't give anyone my money, but it seems according to this web site, that I made the right decision not to.
 6th of May, 2009 by   Melissa 0 Votes
Hello, I just wanted to add my own insight to this. In fact this company is a scam and I will be contacting the authories concerning this. I am currently a student of Real Estate. There are laws that are in effect to protect the public from people pretending to be real estate companies. This is one of those. I wrote to American Standard and asked them to verify the legitimacy of their business by submitting to me their real estate license number (which is to be printed for all to see, by law) and their business license number. I have been ignored. It is within California Real Estate Law for those to be provided. This tells me that they are not a legitimate business. Research what I have said yourself. This is law and fact.
 6th of May, 2009 by   Mercedes 0 Votes
We bought the services and the customer service online do not answer my calls! Any of the homes are on sale or pre foreclosure and any bank want to lend us money. Everything they promised over the phone is a lie, even their web page is so cheap. BTW I'm not competitor, I'm just a homemaker.
 6th of May, 2009 by   Angel 0 Votes
I just wanted to say that for so many people complaining about this company being a scam why has no one contacted the Better Business Bureau. I think this place is a scam as well. I found a posting on Craigslist and of course because of the listing being there I was sceptical. I spoke to a rep there who assured me that this was not a scam and they where accredited with the BBB. I advised this rep that I was still unsure and advised him that I would have to call him back after speaking to my fiance'. He did give me a direct # to get him. I went to BBB online and to my surprise this company is not accredited with the BBB. If you are going to tell me that your company is accredited with the BBB you better be darn sure that you speak the truth. I must say that if they hadn't lied I may have acctually belived them and given them my money.
FYI: After seeing their post done today on Craigslist, and after making my call to them, they have since removed their post.
 6th of May, 2009 by   Milton 0 Votes
I have reported this company to the Better Business Bureau, because these scam artists must be stopped from victimizing others.

They will not respond to my questions, they refuse to provide me with legitimate Business Qualifications, and will not speak with me, unless I am "prepared to pay them the money to gain access to the Listings I claim I am interested in."

I'm thankful to those who have told their stories, out here.
And to "TruthBeTold"- The way you attack those who have complained, I wouldn't be surprised if you are an "employee" of these scammers, under a pseudonym.
If you are, I ask you this: Ever hear of what rats do, when the ship sinks?
 7th of May, 2009 by   Anonomous +2 Votes
At this website it said they had a C- rating with the BBB

If you do have complaints please go and make them known so people don't get ripped off.

Scentura Scam , John Mattes Smells a Rat