logo

Stole our deposit money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American Income Life, Derby, Connecticut Complaints & Reviews - Fraud & cheating!

American Income Life Contacts & Informations

American Income Life

Posted:    Jessica Piccirillo

Fraud & cheating!

American Income Life
362 Derby Avenue
Derby, Connecticut
Phone: 203-736-2594
I received a call from a Charles Byrd of American Income at my home. I was immediately suspicious for two reasons: he called from a cell phone and started asking questions about my child. He already had too much information about my family, and was trying to lure me in by offering to register my child with a "child safety kit". He offered to call back if I wanted to think it over, but I told him I would contact him with my decision. I went online to research the company, and found this site with quite a few complaints about this so-called Life Insurance company.
Comments United States Kids & Baby
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Nov, 2007 by   Lfick 0 Votes
What this company does is offers free Child Safe Kits to families, what they do is call them to pre-qualify them and if they have a checking or savings account they will come to your home with the kits and try to sell you insurance, if you don't have a checking or savings, they say that they will send the kits in the mail which they don't do half the time. They misrepresent the International Union of Police Associations. This company also brags about this wonderful food bank that they offer to their clients that is also a bunch of crap! This company lacks integrity so Beware!
 29th of Nov, 2007 by   Trevor Norman -1 Votes
Linda,

I will have you know, this company does work with the International Union of Police Association, and I will also have you know this... I personally commend this company for taking the fight back to the front lines with children if they were to go missing. If your child were to go missing, and by the use of that kit, would you be greatful for this company providing it to you free of charge? Did you know that over 800,000 children are reported missing each year? That's over 2,000 children per day.

In fact, I urge you to call Shawn Hornbeck, Natalie Halloway, all those big profile cases of missing children and ask them to not support this program... If you can do this, and I read about it in the paper, then I will support you about this organization.

I mean, you being a mother... c'mon, you should have enough sense to help protect your child with this simple kit.
 3rd of Dec, 2007 by   oz -1 Votes
I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU TALKED TO BUT ACTUALLY THE KITS ARE ENTIRELY FREE. ALL THE INFORMATION IS RECEIVED FROM ******YOUR UNION***** THEY ALSO DO WORK WITH THE POLICE ASSOCIATION. IF YOU HAD A PROBLEM RECEIVING YOUR KIT *******YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED******* THEY WILL SEND YOU ANOTHER. ALSO TO HAVE BEEN OFFERED BENEFITS **********YOU HAD TO CONTACT THEM , OR REPLY TO THE CARD THEY SENT YOU******** OR HAVE BEEN SPONSORED BY A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND. AND MOST OF THE COMPLAINTS RECEIVED ARE BY ILL INFORMED PEOPLE. THEY HAVE 1 COMPLAINT ON THE BBB RECORD FOR LIKE TEN YEARS OR SOMETHING. SO YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T DO YOUR RESEARCH, YOU JUST LOOKED TO FIND ANYTHING YOU COULD TO FIND SOMETHING BAD.
 8th of Jan, 2008 by   Brady Pesola 0 Votes
Listen people I used to work for American income life. the only reason i left was that i was recalled back into the marines for further service. the company has a great program and the only reason you would be lucky enough to be contacted by the company is if you are part of a union credit union or association. or you were sponcered by a loving family memeber who obviously cared about your funeral and final expences enough to have the agent go out of his way to call you. so there you go. we only do private organizations people.
 14th of Feb, 2008 by   San Diego -1 Votes
So are you suggesting that their benefits are a scam or workign for them is a scam... I just signed up with them and now i am second guessing myself?
 26th of Feb, 2008 by   Anonymous 0 Votes
The child safe kits are designed to get their foot in your door so they can sell you insurance. You can get these kits for free from many other sources and not have to e pressured into buying anything. They are sponsored by "The international union of police associations". Thats not a union and that not the police and fire fighters. They got some police association in virginia that is probably no bigger then a PTA group to support AIL. That doesn't mean that your local police and fire support them. In fact, when I was selling with AIL I had a person call the police to check on the child safe kits and she called me back and said the police officer said do not let me in her house. Say what you will about AIL its a MLM and failure.
 27th of Feb, 2008 by   Crystal 0 Votes
I got an email / interview request and when i called to get info on the job the receptionist said the person hiring was not in but he was scheduling interviews, i got the same "dress professional" and "bring your resume" well she couldnt tell me anything about the position except it was a manager position, and what company tells someone to dress professional and bring a resume? No shit! If it was a legitimate job offer for a real position that would be common sense, so i checked online and there is very little info on the company. I am not interested in wasting my time if i dont even get answers on what i am interviewing for! I am not even into sales or insurance and wouldnt you think they would want to know that?
 27th of Feb, 2008 by   Crystal 0 Votes
LOL and whats with these positive comments? "I will have you know" They seem fake like they have people sitting online doing damage control - if you are a reputable company you dont need to do that! I can only speak on what i personally experienced and i do know for a FACT is that this was a really shady way to get someone in for an interview. Very unprofessional. This was enlightening Thank you all.
 10th of Mar, 2008 by   Leslie 0 Votes
I am so glad that I found this sight. I am new to San Diego and looking for work. Now I am educated, but I have been a stay at home mom for 9yrs. so when it comes to finding a job, most everyone wants experience. Then along comes AIL, they call me many times leaving messages before they got to me. Well I set up the interview, but was unable to go. Can you believe this, they called me again!!! I ditch the interview, not by choice, but they call me again. They need to check their call lists. I will not be going for that interview either. Thanks again!
 13th of Mar, 2008 by   foxx 0 Votes
Here's the deal.

I am a professional who is employed full time. I just posted my resume on Monster, I got a call for an interview next week... no questions asked. I was also told like everyone else "bring your resume and dress professional" I was immediately suspicious, especially since I just had a telephone interview earlier in the week for 25 minutes. There was no questions asked i.e., "Are you still looking for work" What are your salary requirements" "What level are you at in your career" Nothing... strange. So I asked the woman, what is this position for she said "a manager" I then asked where it was located and she replied with "We have 3 offices and named them all, then said which one are you closest to?" I finally asked her for the website to the company and she said "Fortune" or something or other then told me, when I get to the website, go to TNT??? Sounds like a racket if you ask me, I did some research came up empty handed and found this site. I got an email of confirmation of my interview, in which I replied with the link to this site. All I am basing this on is my own personal experience. Like others here, I don't have time for these "Time share type" of opportunities.
 13th of Mar, 2008 by   Christian Bryant +1 Votes
Im in shock to hear all these completely false and negative things about American Income... say what you but I happen to be a current employee with the company... AIL is fully organized... DONT BELIEVE THE BULLSHIT PPL ARE TYPING ON HERE...IF THEY ONLY KNEW THE UNLIMITED OPPPORTUNITES THAT YOU HAVE WORKING WITH THIS COMPANY??? I DONT KNOW WHERE ALL OF THIS IS COMING FROM? BUT OBVIOUSLY YOU IDIOTS NEED TO CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BEREAU. NOW ASK YOURSELF ONE QUESTION? IF ALL WHAT U ALL ARE SAYING IS TRUE? WHY IN THE WORLD WOULDNT SOMETHING HAVE BEEN DONE ABOUT IT? WE HAVE OFFICES ALLL OVER THE US... IN 49 STATES!!! THEY WOULDVE BEEN SHUT DOWN BY NOW...PPL STOP BEING INGNORANT AND REALLLLY TAKE THE TIME TO RESEARCH ABOUT THIS COMPANY...B/C LET ME TELL YOU I AM A COLLEGE GRADUATE WITH A BACHELORS DEGREE IN GRAPHIC DESIGN...AND I CHOSE TO BE A LICENSED INSURANCE AGENT WITH AIL...BC THE SKY IS THE LIMIT... SO WHATS NEXT UR GONNA TELL ME THAT MY INS LICENSED WHICH WAS ISSUED BY THE STATE OF CT IS REAL??? U HAVE TO BE LICENSED TO SELL INSURANCE AND MAYBE YOU GUYS WERE ONE OF THE DUMB ONES WHO COULDNT PASS THE STATE EXAMS THATS WHY U HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY...I SWEAR..THE WORLD IS FULL OF NEGATIVE, EGOSTATICAL PPL WHO JUST HAVE NO WILL TO SUCEED IN LIFE AND WORK HARD TO THEY BUNCH TOGETHER AND LET THEIR NEGATIVITY FEED OFF EACH OTHER... ITS TRUE MISERY DOES NEED COMPANY...
 14th of Mar, 2008 by   Janice 0 Votes
Christian, normally I wouldn't bother to respond to one of these blog sites, but your response left me no choice. First let me say, I too was contacted for an interview with this company and like any smart individual you should always try to verify information on the company you apply for employment with. Well, I couldn't find a good web page or any significent information and that's why I'm at this site now. For you to write all this positive information about the company makes me wonder what type of people they hire and if they really are legitimate. First of all your spelling and grammar are terrible. Did you not know how to use the spell check button? As a customer I wouldn't want someone like you writting up anything that important for me. My adivce is that in the future when you want to support something, you seem to feel so stongly about, take the time to read it over before you hit the send button. It could leave you looking very knowledgeable or as you put it, looking like and "idiot". And, yes I did past the exam.
 14th of Mar, 2008 by   Philip 0 Votes
I too received an offer for an interview, and was given a phone number to call. I researched the phone number, and it is a mobile phone based out of a city three hours from me. I then began to do a search on the company and that is how I came across this site.

I too normally won't respond to these blog sites, but because of what Christian wrote, I felt compelled to.

In all honesty, I doubt your claim concerning your education. You lack complete internet "etiquette" by typing in all "caps." In addition, your grammar and spelling is horrendous, and how your present yourself is quite embarrassing.

If you are the type of people that this insurance company hires, then I am embarrassed to be be offered an interview with them.

This may or may not be a legitimate insurance company, and may be licensed by the states they operate out of, but that still does not reflect the company's personal values. Just because you can receive a license to do something, does not necessarily mean that you are "wholesome."

I also consider it extremely rude that these emails which are sent out attempting to lure in prospective "employees" do not leave any way for you to contact them back, except via phone, and I have no intention of letting these "jokers" have access to my phone number.

Phil
 14th of Mar, 2008 by   R clement 0 Votes
Bless your heart, Christian. I'm gonna ask you to do something-and I really mean it. Ask your manager, or your SGA, if you can see their 1099 tax forms from the previous year. I swear to God, you will be blown away at how much money the people in your agency AREN'T making. I didn't believe it at first when I was an agent because they did such an amazing job showing everyone all the big $$$ that hard working agents were making...but guess what?? Its smoke and mirrors, brother. I ain't kiddin-I saw my own manager's financial statements and learned that he was broke and in debt, when he was telling me how he was making big bucks, in fact thats why I became an agent. He showed me his advance reports from the weeks where he did very well! But he also didn't show me all his expenses and all the awful advance reports from the weeks he worked 70 plus hours and made less than 200 bucks. The MGA who hired me just quit because he finally learned this "amazing opportunity" really isn' t that amazing. For God's sake man, just look at all the cars the people are driving at your agency-isn't it obvious everyone is broke? They are extremely good at denying they are broke because theyre so brainwashed that they really think theyre on the road to becoming millionaires. Poor souls. Please man, just ask to see their tax forms, thats the only proof they have at showing you how much money they actually made. Don't believe a word they say without seeing actual proof.
 17th of Mar, 2008 by   Mark 0 Votes
This is funny. I just posted my resume on Monster, and got a call from AIL today. It just did not seem right to me. They only have "interviews at 9:30 and 12:30. No evenings, like you would think for the people who are employed. The woman told me her boss thought I would be perfect.

I have no background in sales, insurance, or unions. I have a very large and comprehensive technical backround in regard to power plant and energy management. I asked her what this job pays, and she asked me what I made. I told her and she said there are people here, "Managers" that do make that pay.

It just smells. I think I will make an appointment and then just not show up. At least that is a time slot that nobody will be there for wasting their time hopefully.

Of course, first thing I did was find the net to find more about them, and here I am. Obviously something wrong for this blog to exist.

I think I will go see if State Farm, Prudential, Allstate, and others have blogs like these about employment with the company.

I mean come - why call me to sell insurance when there are so many salesman out there already. Has to be BS

My first blog also. Thank You others for doing this so that I easily could find this out instead of wasting my time or effort although I was thinking it anyway.
 22nd of Mar, 2008 by   James Wall 0 Votes
I have a question (see after my situation) My 81 year old mother-in-law who lives with myself and her daughter just experience one of American Income Life Insurance Company sales people. I listened and I was almost sure that he was a salesman though he did not represent himself as such. He presented himself as one explaining some benefit to an existing policy from the union. He had her sign the signature section of what he claimed was her acknowledgement of an existing policy. I can’t believe I allowed her to sign it, but I did. He tore the signature section off and slipped it into his brief case. A few minutes later when I ask for it so I could make o copy of what she had signed he reacted, but did allow me to make a copy, damn I should have tore it up.

As I now read the very fine print next to her signature it says:

“I accept this insurance and designate (beneficiary’s name) (relationship)…

He got no new information such as checking account numbers, credit card number, or anything he did not have before arriving. OOPS! He did get her signature.

QUESTION:

What have I allowed her to sign?
Should I have concern?
Are there any actions I need to take?

I appreciate and thank you in advance to any time you may put into responding to this.

Jim Wall
 25th of Mar, 2008 by   Scratch Morton 0 Votes
I had an experience after college with a life insurance company in Studio City, "Comstock Financial". I was enticed by fresh bagels and Java and a former Major League Baseball player was present.

Yes "Independent Contractor" the meetings twice a week.The CEO versed the good book and taught sunday school. I was there for two months without a paycheck.Although my coach would keep telling me stories about the big deals he was close to getting. But why does he drive a ten year old Mazda? I asked another unsuspecting victim.

It took Chuck Schwab two months at a life insurance company without a paycheck to realize that for every life rep making money, nine more do not! Insisting that the experience was good for him, however, because he realized that fixed annuities aren't a good investment! Just a pocket of air compared to total returns of reputable mutual funds.

My Father was an insurance executive with two sound companies and had every insurance certificate that could be had. "We spend millions on research for an income fund yielding 11%, but Comstock financial promises 24%."

An employee recognized me at the gym and told me "They can't sell those policies now and they're under investigation" Months later it was on the front page of LA Times business section. Comstock Financial was shut down by SEC. "They bilked investors."

Among those investors The Reverend Schuler. Only 12 1/2 cents to a dollar was recovered.

I just canceled my appointment with the aforementioned entity.If they don't require a series 6/7 and 65 license along with life and disability, then it sounds too easy to me. Yes they were pushy.Called me yesterday and this morning("expecting you to call in the next hour").

They may have been in business for a long time, but that doesn't mean they can't get shut down by federal and state regulators.It can take a long time for the SEC/FINRA to shut bad financial entities by legal means. But they usually do.

"If it sounds too easy then there is "somethin wrong here". If qualifying exams are as minimal as only state life license and no requirement to take series 6/7 and 65/66 licenses thent it just can't be a sound financial entity.
 31st of Mar, 2008 by   Stephanie Martens 0 Votes
I have an interview with this company in 1 hour. I have been leary about it from the beginning as I dont see how someone with no college degree can be "headhunted" for such a salary. After reading this website, I will not be going to the interview. Thank you people for your honesty, all the flags I seen are the reasons you guys see too.
 6th of Apr, 2008 by   Justine 0 Votes
American Income Life / National Income Life encourages all complaints to be addressed by email to: jmsvacina@ailife.com
 9th of Apr, 2008 by   R clement 0 Votes
Jim Wall-

Understand that the salesman who came by your home did not need to come by to designate a benficiary-it was merely a tactic to get in front of someone to throw a sales pitch. The form they had your mother-in-law sign did not need to be signed to designate a beneficiary. It is a benefit she already had through her union's endorsment. AIL has been fined and repremanded in the state of Washington for having this "get your foot-in-the-door to make a sale" tactic, but surprisingly no other state has caught on. If your grandmother dies in an accident, her beneficiary is entitled to $1000 or $2000, depending on amount on the slip she signed. The salesman who came by would have sat down and done a 30 minute presentation to sell life insurance, but when they got there they realized they can't make any money off an 81 year old and probably tried to get referrals (relative names) to make future sales. That was their main reason for coming by and spending 20-30 minutes of their time-to get referrals to sell to her family members. Visit scam.com or rip off report for a more in depth discussion on this company.

How to Sell on Craigslist and Not Get Scammed: 4 Great Tips You Need to Know