logo

Global Tel Link
I work at Global Tel Link
3. (24 mins ago)
The Wig Gallery at Greece Ridge Mall
Swindled, cheated, lied to, mislead
4. (24 mins ago)
Consoles4less - - Xbox360
Not recieved
5. (25 mins ago)
CoolHandle Professional Web Hosting
illegal billing on credit card

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American Home Shield (AHS), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - AHS-certified technician damages dishwasher and now it's my problem

American Home Shield (AHS) Contacts & Informations

American Home Shield (AHS)

Posted: 2011-06-03 by    salvation

AHS-certified technician damages dishwasher and now it's my problem

American Home Shield (AHS)
P.O. Box 849 - Carroll, IA 51401-9901
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Phone: 1-800-776-4663
ahs.com
I recently had a problem with my dishwasher's control panel. The control unit needed replaced. AHS dispatched a local technician from JGG Electronics and Appliances in Pittsburgh. The technician was very rude and had considerable difficulty figuring out how to take off the front of the dishwasher. When I offered a suggestion he became defensive and in frustration forcefully removed the front cover of the dishwasher. Since I had a previous technician look at the issue, I knew that the front cover did not need to be removed. I tried to politely suggest that to the technician and his response was "I got this, I got this" in a rude manner. The front cover of the dishwasher was removed, but it did not allow him access to the control panel unit. After 10 minutes of fiddling around and saying "I work on dishwashers all the time", he figured out that he just needed to remove a few screws and off popped the control panel.

When the technician removed the control panel, he broke several plastic tabs that held the panel in place. I commented on this to him, but he ignored me. When putting the dishwasher back together, he could not remember how to put several of the parts back in the right place. I turned my head for a minute and those parts disappeared, so I'm not even sure he put them back in their proper place.

After installing the new control panel, he asked me to test it and it worked properly. However, the control panel cover was not installed correctly and was loose. Given that the technician was clearly angry at this point, I left that go and he left the premise.

After this experience, I contacted AHS to make them aware of the issue and ask for their advice. They said that the technicians they license are not their responsibility when damage occurs and that I've have to contact the business to seek a damage claim. I explained to the AHS representative that the business was a sole proprietor that ran his own business and that it would mean that the person I'd be calling was the angry technician. I also expressed my concern with how unprofessional, incompetent, aggressive, and angry the technician was and that I wasn't comfortable having him in my home again.

They researched the issue to see what they could do. In the meantime, I contacted the technician to notify them of the problem. I called the company's main number and got the same unprofessional technician. He argued that he didn't break anything and that all those tabs just fell out of the dishwasher. To quote him, "you're wasting my time" and then he hung up on me.

In a nutshell, AHS placed that company on my "blacklist" so that I they wouldn't be repairing anything for me again. Sears was the other company that they contacted, but Sears refused the job. So now there are no other companies in my area that can come out and fix the dishwasher. Yes, you read that correctly, there are only two AHS-certified companies that can fix dishwasher's in the greater Pittsburgh region. Effectively I have a warranty that cannot be used.

Thanks AHS, big help. AHS is an unreliable company that does not protect the consumer and I would highly recommend avoiding this company. Also, I'd recommend against using JGG Electronics and Appliances in Pittsburgh unless you want something more broke than it already is along with a bad attitude.
Comments United States Home Insurance / Warranty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Nov, 2011 by   Davetas 0 Votes
I dreaded that AHS would send JGG Electronics out to my house. I called AHS to assess a simple hinge replacement on an old Tappan oven, but it seems they don't make those parts anymore, so Jefferson at JGG tells AHS that we need a brand-new oven. This was a mixed blessing. It would've been nice to have an updated oven, but I would rather not have taken it out if it didn't need to be out of fear that it would take much longer than it needed to be. In my experience stuff like this rarely goes smooth. After sifting through a handful of ovens that could actually fit we picked one and it took like four weeks for it to arrive. When it finally did. For over a week, AHS took their time sending a technician who apparently wasn't answering their phone decided to go ahead and send Jefferson from JGG again who turns around and tells me that we need to install a gas shutoff valve. And he didn't see this before? Then he comes a third time to actually install the oven but then he tries to plug a 3-prong plug into an old 2-prong outlet that's required for the clock and display and any other electrical components. I offered for him to drill a hole in the cabinet to our GCFI outlet or even an adapter for the existing outlet and he was like, "No. I wouldn't do that." But it was perfectly okay for him to leave the third outlet out bare like that? I don't know, but for a bare prong to be that close to where the gas is sounds dangerous to me. I'm no expert, but it's been my experience in life in general not to put a square peg into a circular hole especially if you can blow something up. But as soon as I got on the phone with AHS, he grabbed up his stuff got out of there like he was on fire. Then after calling AHS, they were very reluctant to help when I said if they could send someone more qualified. Now, six weeks after only needing a hinge on the oven fixed, I'm still without an oven and waiting for this to be resolved.

I think my main complaint with Jefferson at JGG Electronics was his utter disregard for our properly. He was sliding and tossing stuff around which dirtied and scratched up a lot of our things. The impression that I got was he didn't want to be there, but went through the motions so AHS could keep paying him for half-assed calls.

Top 5 Holiday Shopping Scams