logo

Impact Training
Scam and cheating
3. (16 mins ago)
ogotoshop.com
Company charged me twice for the same order
4. (42 mins ago)
money taken from account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American Home Mortgage Servicing, Palestine, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Class Action Lawsuit Anyone?

American Home Mortgage Servicing Contacts & Informations

American Home Mortgage Servicing

Posted:    The Gormans

Class Action Lawsuit Anyone?

AMERICAN HOME MORTGAGE SERVICING
Palestine, Texas
I think they should have a Class Action Lawsuit filed against them for these deceptive practices, fraudulent practices, and just down right not playing fair!!
My Story:
In December 2008 I applied for a loan modification. In January 2009 I received a call from Dena Moss a "negotiator" for my modification. She told me to stop making my payments while my account was being modified. She said I would have 1 lave fee and be reported on my credit for 1 late payment. She said my first payment would be April 1, 2009 at a rate of %5.5 percent and a 'graduating step program' where my interest rate would go from 5.5% to 6% the next year, 7% the year after that and stop at about 8% in the fourth year. She was giving me approximates as she said she would not have the exact figures until the modification had been completed.
In March 2009 when I did not hear from her, I called and she said that the lender put a hold on modification and she would call me back in 3 weeks.
Yesterday, April 1, 2009, my husband was called by AHMSI and told that we were in foreclosure and our modification was denied March 26, 2009. They wanted 4 months worth of payments plus 4 months worth of late fees totaling around $5k to bring the account current and stop foreclosure.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2009 by   Gina J 0 Votes
I work for a professional loan modification company and have a client who has a similar situation. In December '08 she contacted AHMSI, they offered to modify her loan taking her from a 7.25% interest only to a 6% P&I. The offer sounded great, they told her not to worry about paying until the modification was complete. Then in Feb. 09, she got her first statement which showed that her payment was $79 less than what it was previously. Then she noticed that they tacked on $6800 to the principle. The following month her payment went up by $180 due to her escrow balance. Now she is in a bind because she just had her loan modified and a lot of lenders won't do a second modification within a year of a modification. We are going to fight like crazy to get another modification but the bottom line is that the lenders only look out for themselves they really don't care about the consumers who are struggling to put food on the table for their families, it's a really sad and unfair situation. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.
 7th of Apr, 2009 by   JIM 0 Votes
NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. HR 1106 IS GOING TO BE UP FOR VOTE IN THE END OF APRIL. THE BANK LOBBY IS SPENDING A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY TO ATTEMPT TO DEFEAT A BILL THAT WILL FINALLY PUT AN END TO THIS CRISIS. DEMAND YOUR SENATOR AND OTHER SENATOES PASS HR 1106, S.61 "HELPING FAMILIES SAVE THEIR HOMES"
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   M. Nutwell 0 Votes
I am in a similiar mess with AHMS, and have retained an attorney.

M. Nutwell
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   Kim Weishaar 0 Votes
we were told on February 13 2009 AHMS that we were getting our loan modification, would keep our loan @ 5.9% for the next five years...we would have to pay 500.00 for this modification, to send in our February payment. We did it was kicked back to us...and received a call two weeks later that the deal was not going to happen, that our Investor is not doing any modifications across the board, told us the Wells Fargo Bank was the investor. So we called couldn't find anything to do with our loan. We are totally screwed now...we have contacted a nonprofit org. through HUD to help with this...we will know in 10 days.

I don't understand where is this bail out money to help...stop foreclosures! my neighbor is a morgage underwriter she sd that we will be lucky to see any program by the end of Summer...that is crazy!
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   Tracy CA residence 0 Votes
We received our approved loan modification in January of this year. We were very happy that we are saving $150 on our monthly payment. Three months later, we received escrow analysis and our payment will go up to $950 to pay estimated property tax for this year and shortage escrow of $15K amortized for 36months. We asked for assistance to avoid foreclosure, but with this higher monthly payment, and how many more homeowners encoutered and will encounter this problem. Our prob lem on foreclosure will continue to increase.
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   gypsyt 0 Votes
I have never posted here but I agree with all of the complaints regarding AHMS. My mortgage was sold to them from Citi in January 2009. The call center is in India. I have called to see about a modification and they have treated me horrible. They are rude, insensitive, and have no idea what they are doing with our lives. These are our homes. I told them my income and the idiot said "oh well one paycheck will pay your mortgage and you have one left. Oh ok. I am supposed to take care of a disabled partner, our son, buy food, gas, utilities, transportation, etc. They are clueless. Do any of you know of a live person I can speak with in the U.S? I am in desperate need. And yes, I will join a class action. If anyone can help me, please give me all the information you can.
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   Gina J 0 Votes
I am responding to the most recent post from gypsyt. My name is Gina, I work for a professional modification company. I posted a comment 12 days ago regarding a client that recently got a modification through AHMS. I'd be happy to help you in anyway, whether I can just offer some advice or maybe answer any questions you may have. My toll free number is 888-750-2865 and I am located in Southern CA, in the USA!!!
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   Becky L. 0 Votes
I am responding to gypsyt. When you call in and get the India office let them know immediately you would like to talk to someone in Dallas. They will try to get you to give your acct. information but insist you would like to speak to someone in Dallas. That is what I do and it works. Also, I have had some many problems with AHMS. I am still waiting on a refund check from my escrow and to no avail I cannot get anything resolved. I keep getting different information each time I call. I would happy to join a class action against AHMS.
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   Kim Weishaar 0 Votes
I am responding to Becky L how did you finally receive your modification? how long did this process take you?
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   Becky L. 0 Votes
I am responding to Kim Weishaar. We had our home refinanced with another company. Once our loan was transferred from Citi to AHMS I knew I did not want them handling our loan. The people at AHMS have no idea what they are doing. Like I said I am still waiting for them to send my refund from escrow and I am having problems getting it.
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   Garver 0 Votes
I am having the same troubles as all of you. My loan negotiator laughed at my amount of savings. I told him it wasn't funny; but that is the kind of compassion we get from AHMSI. I have now written to my senators, the president, and HUD regarding this company. I'm willing to join the class action. This company needs to be pressured to cooperate with homeowners. My HUD counselor told me that these companies buy loans in bundles and they don't or won't break the bundle to modifiy an individual loan. I think the only way to stop this company is for all of us to join together and make our voices heard.
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   Kim Weishaar +1 Votes
how do we start this class action lawsuit?

I am sure once we file this action against them there will be ton of people joining.

willing help get this started
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   AmericansForJustice +2 Votes
ONE OF OUR BEST DEFENSES IS TO SPEAK UP FOR THE FOLLOWING- PASS THIS ONE TO EVERYONE AND CONTACT YOUR LAWMAKERS-

HR 1106 Bill to Help Troubled Homeowners
By Mauricio Navarro
Mauricio Navarro
Level: Basic PLUS

Article Word Count: 524 [View Summary] Comments (0)
Ads by Google
Bank of America® Mortgage
Refinance and stabilize your ARM payments. Bank of America can help.
www.bankofamerica.com
Obama Home Rescue Plan
Obama Housing Plan Helps Millions Private Programs - Free Advice!
www.Homeowner-Bailout-Programs.org
4.375% Fixed Refinance
Take Advantage Now (4.6%APR). Calculate New Payment - No SSN Rqd!
www.RiteQuote.com

Suggest a topic or article headline you would like the author to write about.

Ads by Google
Refy TV/Radio Calls
High Quality, High Conversions Call NOW: (877) 797-4801
www.AxiomMediaUSA.com
Stop Your Foreclosure
Mortgage Behind? Reduce rates, Eliminate back payments, and more!
www.Goverment-Modification.org
3.5% Fixed 30 Year Loan
Our Forensic Loan Audit Lowers Your Interest and Principal Balance
www.fixyourloan.com
Upside Down on Equity?
Owe more than house is worth? Wilshire may have your answer!
www.wilshireholding.com
Refinance at 4.375% Fixed
Refinance Now & Save (4.6%APR). Get 4 Free Quotes. No SSN Req.
www.QuotesHound.com
Mortgage modifications
Owe More Than Your Home is Worth? Find Out if We Can Modify Today!
www.ushud.com/Loan-Modification
Fixed Rates down to 4.25%
$200, 000 mortgage under $984/mo. Get qualified in minutes.
NeighborhoodAssistance.com/FHA
Free Foreclosure Advice
Fill out the Form to Save your Home Contact us, You will be Amazed !
www.legalmodpro.com
Interest Only Loans
100+ Different Loan Programs 24 Hour Approval. Apply Online Now!
www.BestRateLoans.com
Avoid Costly Mistakes
Get a Free Copy of The New Guide on Secrets to Loans After Bankruptcy
www.byebyebkloans.com

There's more potential relief in sight for homeowners struggling to make their mortgage payments: In a tight, party-lined vote the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 1106. The legislation, as it's currently written, would allow homeowners to lower their monthly mortgage loan payments via court order in bankruptcy court. However, it's not time for struggling homeowners who are at their wits end to start shouting for joy just yet. Though the bill made it through the House gauntlet, the enactment of the bill is not guaranteed; it still has to make it through the U.S. Senate, which will undoubtedly be swayed-at least in part-by the court of public opinion.

So, what's the chatter coming from the American public? Well, as with most things in politics, there are staunch supporters as well as devout opponents to the bill. Steadfast opponents believe that passage of the bill will make it too easy for homeowners to shirk their mortgage loan obligation. Some opponents also say they foresee a potentially detrimental outbreak of bankruptcy filings by homeowners who are underwater or behind on their mortgages; that troubled homeowners may see filing chapter 13 bankruptcy as the "easy" way out. Many also don't like the fact that the current resolution would be open to any homeowner, not just those who bought into sub-prime mortgages-which are, of course, taking the brunt of the blame for America's current economic turmoil. Therefore, opponents feel that the enactment of the current version of H.R. 1106 will not only not solve the mortgage crisis, but that it will only worsen America's mortgage woes and cause increased economic instability.

The arguments posed by supporters is just as convincing. Supporters say that the bill, and homeowners' ability to get mortgage relief via bankruptcy court, is another necessary step to settle the current mortgage / economic crisis. They claim that millions more homeowners will join the record-setting 5+ million families who were foreclosed on or behind on their mortgages at the end of 2008 without the bill's passage. Plus, to directly diffuse the notion of the bill causing a rash of bankruptcy filings, supporters are quick to note that the current legislation does contain two key stipulations: (1) no court set mortgage modifications would be allowed without homeowners having previously attempted to negotiate a mortgage modification with their lender and (2) the burden of proof would fall on the homeowner to show they had absolutely no other means to pay the mortgage loan.

What do you think?

Regardless of which side you're on, there's still time to voice your opinion. As of March 11, 2009, H.R. 1106 had been sent to the U.S. Senate's Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs. There's no word on how much time the committee will dedicate to further review before creating recommendations / amendments or other actions before sending it to the Senate floor. It's also possible that the Senate will opt to move forward with legislation U.S. Senators have drawn up instead of the House's version. Therefore, you do have some time to chime in on the issue. Still, things seem to be moving pretty fast-at least on some topics-in our government. So, speak up!

Mauricio Navarro is CEO of Rationale Media LLC, which owns and manages MortgageApplication.net - a US website to compare mortgage rates & receive instant home mortgage quotes.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mauricio_Navarro

Irving, TX 75063
Direct line 214-260-8794
Fax 866-274-1503
 15th of May, 2009 by   MLD 0 Votes
The best way to fight these maniacs might be to hire a real estate attorney. Which is exactly what I am doing now! I was pre-approved for my modification and they sold my note the same day that I was pre-approved. It has been 3 months and AHMSI says that they have been waiting on my property tax information for 3 months and they can't do the modification without the information. When I told them that I could fax it - they declined and said that it has to come directly from the taxing authorities. So when I asked for the fax # to have the tax authorities fax it to - They said they couldn't geive me the information. Now I have found that all I need to do is to send a QWR "qualified written request". RESPA real estate laws demand that once I request this information they have to provide hundreds of hours of documents including every cancelled check that I ever sent them. This should make them deal with my modification and they are responsible for my attorney fees. Google Section 6 of RESPA under real estate settlement procedures act, 12 u.s.c. section 2605(e). They have 60 days to get all of this information to me and if one little thing is wrong then they can owe up to 3 times the amount of interest that I have paid for the last three years. Hope that this helps someone else, too!
 18th of May, 2009 by   Lynn 0 Votes
I just recieved a letter stating that American Home Mortgage was being sued for predatory lending...Does anyone have any information.
Unfortunatley we where approved for a loan modification back in Nov/ O8.I recently had to leave my job as I was diagnoised with Cancer. I sent in all our financial information they requested for the loan mod. When I finally heard back from AHMC, they informed me that my original monthly loan payment of $5, 000 (approx) was not going down but would actually be increased to $6, 500. I then last week recieved a letter stating that, because we are a "valued customer" our interest rate would be increasing and our new monthly loan payment would be $8, 000 a month effective 6/09...we need some serious help!
 18th of May, 2009 by   Kim Weishaar 0 Votes
Don't understand how can payments go up so much???

we are playing phone tag w/Judy in the modification dept...GOD I am hoping that the news isn't...payments are going up!

sorry to hear about your recent diag.

kim
 12th of Sep, 2009 by   mde 0 Votes
PAtchogue NY
I had Option One as the home mortage and had a terrible time with them never getting anything right.One day I get a letter and it is from AHMC and I am happy I am away from OOne . The letter had raise the payment over $400.00. When I question it they said there was a shortage. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that if I sent in $1098.00 my payment would go down not to the original but to 1500.00. Fine I followed directions and sent it in with a monthly payment in same envelope. They never applied the shortage which read "for shortage as per supervisor" but cash both checks. Now they are saying I have been sending insufficent funds and I am in forclosure. I have never recieved forclosure papers so who knows wo in town or otherwise recieved them. Countless phone class never address the name I have given on who gave me the directions on what to do. It is outrageous on what this company gets away with. I have just contacted the State Attorney General office. If you have started a class action suit please contact me. If you would like to band toghter whatever state and bring it to media please contact me . dj@arcsuffolk.org
 12th of Sep, 2009 by   TryingMyBest 0 Votes
Here is an article that has info as of 09/12/09 on modifications. i hope this helps anyone struggling with AMHSI. we are batteling them right now!! 3 months and counting-

22nd of Oct, 2009 by   tgarcia +1 Votes
I totally agree with everyone's experience with this con-pany. They're latest con is applying paid late fees to a questionable escrow shortage that they had already included in our monthly mortgage payment. When I asked them why late fees were still showing when I TRIED to pay online they said they applied it to the escrow account. When I was able to pay online the payment could not be made without paying the late fees as well. (never late beyond 30 days by the way) When I asked them why they did that since they had already increased our payment to account for increased insurance and property taxes they could not answer me. So in the meantime it looks as though there are late fees not paid. As far as I'm concerned since I paid the late fees in full and our payment was increased to account for the short escrow funds they owe me $131.00. But we are most definitely up for a class action suit. Option One also sold our account to this company.

Congratulations Youve Been Scammed