logo

Ask.com
Beware of Ask.com
5. (52 mins ago)
Kathy Chasteen of Someday Isle Kennels
MIA after given deposit money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American Express, Fort Lauderdale, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Fraud and scam!

American Express Contacts & Informations

American Express

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and scam!

American Express
777 American Express Way
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
home.americanexpress.com
EMG has defrauded me with $30K promising to advertise my online travel store. EMG disappeared after cashing the 2 convenience checks ($20K from Chase and $10K from American Express). I reported a fraud case to AmEx Fraud and Chase. Also, the case was investigated by Chicago Police Department where EMG was based and to Scotts Valley Police Department where I reside. Two Detectives investigated the case individually; Detective Gauthier. of Scotts Valley PD and Detective Tobin of Chicago PD.

After thorough investigations, both detectives came to the same conclusion, FRAUD case, and EMG was not a legitimate company. Their reports were forwarded to Phoenix Police Department as the convict resides in Phoenix, Arizona and the money was deposited in a Bank-of-America account in Phoenix.

Detective Gauthier has contacted Chase and American Express credit card companies reporting his findings. Chase honored his findings and reversed the $20, 000 charge and all associated fees. On the other hand, AmEx Fraud Operations claimed they did not receive any phone call or findings report from Detective Gauthier. Therefore, Detective Gauthier called Law Enforcement line and faxed his findings report again. AmEx Fraud Operations claimed for the second time they received neither call nor fax from Det. Gauthier. American Express insists I released my account number to a Service Establishment and permitted them to charge my account. I explained repeatedly that EMG is not a legitimate service establishment and I received NO SERVICE quoting Detective Gauthiers findings. They replied his findings are irrelevant to the case. AmEx Staff was rather uncooperative, incompetent and customer-service insensitive.

I am taking my case to Attorney General in California to see what could be done to preserve my excellent credit while defaulting.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of May, 2008 by   Lisa K. Fox 0 Votes
I received a collection call today from American Express asking for payment on a $9000.00 account that no payments have been made on.
I told them that iI never signed or applied with an application for an account. They stated my friend was primary cardholder on the account. Once again, I never signed to request a card or credit card nor did I release any personal information to Amex which they say because my social security was provided, I am responsible for this debt.
My friend obviously used my social security number and got a card or an additional card on his accountant. He did let me use an Amex card but I always had approval from him, he knew that I would not be paying him back, and I always had to return the card to him.
Amex suggested I get this in order immediately through Amex and through my credit reports.

Lisa K. Fox
 16th of May, 2008 by   Lisa K. Fox 0 Votes
I don't want to press charges against my friend, only because he' been a very nice friend to me for years.

But as far as AMEX is concerned, I will fight them tooth and nail that I am not responsible for any of this debt. My defense is I had I had no knowledge of my friend submitting my social security number in for a credit card. In addition, I did not have any agreement with them as a cardholder and credit company usually would have, because I did not sign on an any application, or request verbally to Amex, and I did not sign anything in writing requesting a card to Greg Maturniak or Amex.
 28th of May, 2013 by   john scheldroup 0 Votes
"American Express Fraud Solutions, Fraud Solutions, Fraud Prevention, credit card fraud, Risk Management solutions, Global Fraud"

American Express Serve.com: Bank fraud & Racketeering
File your complaint with the FTC.

Just How Smart Are Wall Street Pros?

Latest Groups