logo

Wrong information on ID Card

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

America's Servicing Company Complaints & Reviews - Bad credit loan company!

America's Servicing Company Contacts & Informations

America's Servicing Company

Posted:    Eric Lopez

Bad credit loan company!

America's Servicing Company
First of all i am a collections rep for asc out bound collections... and first let me tell everyone do you know what asc is... its a NON-PRIME Loan servicer for everyone who doesn't know what that means it services bad credit loans, wait let me rephrase that horrible credit loans, and it makes me laugh when i am talking to you and your there talking about how perfect your credit is and i see when i am calling you and i see your true double digit credit scores... Also your payments are due on the 1st not the 16th people who have bad credit seem to find this confusing thinking the 16th is your due date because thats when you get your late fee... also have you ever wondered why you get stuff from wells fargo with your mort. payment stuff , because asc is affiliated with wells fargo but wells fargo just doesn't want to be labeled the company with all the bad credit loans... how does asc end up with your loans... companies suck as freemont, countrywide, emc... etc companies originate loans the, prime loans (excellent credit) sub-prime (mediocre credit) and non-prime (bad credit)... the originating company keep your loan for 2 months if your lucky, then thats where the fun starts the prime loans get sold to a company the non prime loans get sold to a company and then asc get all the non-prime loans get sold to asc... so i hope all this info answers your questions to why you have this horrible company servicing your loan... all because you all have horrible credit no one to blame but yourself!!!

Oh yeah i know asc is a screwed up company but i also find it funny when i hear people talking about sewing asc... and winning... yeah right when you walk in the court room with your bootleg lawyer and then asc/wells fargo comes in with its all-star team of lawyers who get paid more in 1 day then your lawyer will make in a year... do you really think your going to win your lawsuit.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Jun, 2007 by   Debbie Watson 0 Votes
I am in the mortgage business as well, I see a lot of credit reports, and from personal experience, I was late one time on a mortgage over the last 17 years, 2 years ago I fell onto hard times and in that time I was late on my mortgage once, I ended up filing BK, reaffirmed my mortgage and my mortgage was sold to ASC, I do feel fortunate that I have not had any problems with ASC, after reading the complaints. I can tell you that I have seen many people's credit reports that have excellent credit histories and mortgage payment histories that have ASC as their servicing co. So I think that the people that work for ASC need to be more helpful and not just assume that the mortgage that they service is a bad loan or that the people are bad!
 2nd of Jun, 2007 by   Sherry A. 0 Votes
Eric,

Do you really believe that everyone who has problems paying their mortgage are just deadbeats? Yes, there are many lazy cheaters who just don't care if they pay their bills or not. However, what if YOU became ill and couldn't work or something else beyond your control happened? You have worked hard your whole life, done the right thing, and not only do you have to suffer with your illness or whatever caused this, you have people making fun of you and mistreating you intentionally while their JOB is to correct mistakes that their company may have made and help resolve problems. Would you like to have to put up with some heartless, jaded person on top of everything else? One day you may have to do that very thing and then you will understand.

Until you know everything about the situation, don't jump to conclusions because you can be very, very wrong. Your job is to do your best every day with every single customer. If you have dealt with so many deadbeats that you automatically assume that everyone is unless they prove it to you, then you need to get into another line of work because you are burned out. I can honestly see how people working in a Department of Social Services (welfare) or working as a cop can develop this attitude but it is wrong. It takes a special kind of person to maintain the right attitude for years at a time. Your job is to help with mortgages, not be judge and jury. If you can't, it is time to go.

Simply put, you shouldn't pretend to know how someone got in the situation that they are in. You may just be there someday yourself.
 7th of Jun, 2007 by   Eric Lopez +1 Votes
Typical of bad credit people always having an excuse for everything.
 10th of Jun, 2007 by   Heather P +1 Votes
Eric is atypical of many employees of who service loans; he has no clue about the real world and has been been brainwashed by the loan collection mandates of organizations such as ASC. Negative credit does not equate with a "bad" person.

Much of the population has less than what is considered worthwhile credit. Many are in the position because of unfortunate incidents, such as illness and loss of employments, and the inability to purchase insurance for unexpected situations. Many individuals are not in a position to dig themselves out especially if they are from a deprived ethnic or social background. I sincerely hope that many of you readers realize that such incidents are not accidents but are socially and skillfully designed oppression. I am quite certain Eric will not readily admit to this fact, but I hope he would at least do his research to learn.

I have learned to go the extra length and cost of getting a return receipt whenever I send mail to a Mortgage company that does not have a free online service. I have dealt with several mortgage-holders including Wells Fargo and ASC in the past, and WF is the worst offender as they refuse to correct their errors even when presented with USPS tracking documents; their customer service and collections departments have different records, and they place harassing calls days after payment was made because it takes several days to post receipts. ASC, has at least in my experience corrected their errors when presented with the tracking confirmations.

The bottom line with these heartless, uninformed collections agents is to stand your ground, and always keep documentation of every transaction, phone call, and correspondence. Harassing and threatening phone calls are against the law and they can be sued for such conduct. Be sure to know your rights and make sure they know that you know your rights.
 13th of Jun, 2007 by   Eric Lopez 0 Votes
I'm no way whatsoever trying to defend ASC what so ever I'm just saying the people who we have loans with have made mistakes in the past i know that thats why you have bad credit and thats why you have asc as your mortgage company, I'm not calling you a bad person, you've just obviously made some bad decisions in the past, but what do you expect when you borrow 400,000 to buy a house that you cant afford, one that you had to lie about your income oh wait let me rephrase that, you couldn't prove how much you made to get the loan so you ended up buying a home with one of the terrific adjustable rate loans not to mention you pulled out all the equity at the time of purchase planning to pay off the debt that has caused you the bad credit then when you re fi you cant because your homes not worth what you bought it for and ms. heather i am very familiar with the real word, i know when you don't pay your bills and you don't pay them on they're scheduled due dates you get phone calls and your due dates the 1st not the 16th like i said before thats something people with bad credit often get very confused about... and ms. heather i have 1 question for you... Why is it that the companies who service good loans (fixed rate loans-in case you did know what good loan means) are not all over websites like this one... because its a characteristic trait only with sub-prime loans... People with bad credit...
 16th of Jun, 2007 by   Tom Moore 0 Votes
Eric is a f$$cking prick and a 1st class as***le. I had a FICO score of 795 for many years and became seriously ill (nearly died) and worked with a real estate agent and my lender to sell a home at a loss to pay the real estate commission. The bank had to eat about $8,000, but I could have just walked away and gone into foreclosure and the bank could have lost more. Even so I was never late on ANY home payment in nearly 20 years of home ownership.

I've since recovered and have returned to work and my FICO score is back up to about 700. ASC is my lender probably because of the writeoff. 1 Problem in a 28 year credit history.

I don't smoke, drink or gamble and have lived a healthy lifestyle, but things happen. Eric, I hope you get cancer and it eats a hole through your ass. If you had a brain you wouldn't be in a mindless, low-life job as a bill collector. Believe you could get through a Ph.D program at the University of Chicago? I did. With your IQ Chicago might hire you for their janitorial staff.
 18th of Jun, 2007 by   Eric Lopez 0 Votes
Dr. Moore now that was mean about the cancer, but as for me getting cancer its a possibility because i smoke cigarettes but i am will to suffer the consequences of my actions. Something the SUB PRIME market is not and more than likely will never do, And if what you say is true i am very very sorry about your issue but when i am saying is the truth (why people are with ASC-bad credit, choices and decisions) and people are mad because i am telling them what they don't want to hear THE TRUTH and they are getting angry. they need to take responsibility for their actions. The real word doesn't always sugar coat things(Ms Heather). As for my pity bill collector job. Its gotten me where i needed to get, Its paid my rent through college as well as my tuition, books and everything else i needed and finally after 5 years graduating with a degree in sociology (Study of Humans-as you can see i am interested why why people make the choices they do) from Cal State this winter. 5 years? Your probably asking yourself because i couldn't afford to take full time semesters because it cost to much so i had to wait it out.
 25th of Jun, 2007 by   Amy M 0 Votes
My experience with ASC has been a nightmare! There is no accountability with this company, nor can I get answers to my questions. My mortgage got sold to ASC four months ago, and it wasn't because we have poor credit! Non-prime loans are also for those that have a hard to prove income. I work in a major casino in the tip industry and therefore am put into this category. My husband and I both have a credit score of 750 and above. However, ASC doesn't ever seem to credit my account , which by the way is paid ON TIME, every month. By on time I do mean the first. My bank has called ASC personally to see why my payments are not being credited, and if they were ever received. They had to cut a check 4 times within a one month period because they kept telling me that they weren't getting the payment. I pay my mortgage with my on-line bill pay, so I am not sure where the problem is. They sent me a letter today saying that they had tried to reach me numerous times via telephone and said again the payment had not been received. When I called to inquire I was to told by a young lady that they had no phone number on record for me. It makes me nervous that so many others complain that their accounts don't get credited either. The young lady that I spoke with was extremely rude! She continually talked over me and just kept saying,"how do you want to pay this?" She wasn't listening that it had been paid and that I need to call my bank in order to get this straightened out. After speaking with my bank I was told that the payment had been received by them weeks ago. It's become a constant back and forth struggle between ASC and my bank.
 28th of Jun, 2007 by   Diane 0 Votes
I sent Eric a personal email before I realized how to post one on line. I have since read the remaining comments & again want to restate what I said to Eric in my email. As a Social Worker I have never called for myself but I have had to deal with this company just one time recently in all of the years of dealing with mortgage companies. I have dealt with Wells Fargo many times & the customer service personnel are courteous & willing to LISTEN as a client talks to them & not talk over them or talk down to them. I have worked with many mortgage companies that are willing to work WTIH a client & not against them. I am deeply saddened to have someone like Eric who has no compassion & no ability to effectively communicate as evidenced by his postings joining the human service field.
 29th of Jun, 2007 by   gale west 0 Votes
Eric needs to go back to school because he cannot spell correctly. A fifth grader can do simple grammar. Sound it out or use a dictionary.
 2nd of Jul, 2007 by   Eric Lopez 0 Votes
Correct i have no compassion for people who are in mortgage default situations who live paycheck to paycheck,who bought houses they cant afford, pay for your mistakes and stop complaining!!! I will not be reposting anymore i am not going to argue with you knit whits. I said what i needed to say... What is that. Everyone here asked why they have ASC as their mortgage company? Because you have bad credit. Thats why... Thats why they do what they do to you people. You cant fight them. Your word in court is just about as good as your credit. NOT WORTH A DAMN THING.

Thats why no one is following though with a law suit. Because who gonna believe someone is making their payments on time when your credit report obviously shows you ve had trouble doing that in the past.
 3rd of Jul, 2007 by   DEBRA VICKERS 0 Votes
Not everyone who has a loan with asc has horrible credit. I have excellent credit as well as my husband. Our loan was sold to asc and we always try to have the loan payment in by the 1st or 2nd. But god forbid if does not make it by the 4th, the phone calls start. I have been late one time in over 5 years and that was a mistake made by me. So it is not just people with bad credit that are with asc... Sometimes it is people who's loans were sold. I am at this time going to get my loan refinance with some company that at least acts like they give a damn about their customers. I have 2 other home loans with other lenders who have websites where i can pay my monthly payments with no charge. It is stupid... to have to pay a fee to make a payment on line. I can't wait to have it refinance. As you can read the message before this one they have "great" customer service. Eric needs to go to school on customer service and i don't give a damn if he replies to this or not as his words do not matter to me as i am a great and so to be previous customer with this company.
 4th of Jul, 2007 by   Gwen Pio 0 Votes
My loan was recently sold to ASC and during my fruitless search for a website for them I came across this site. I must say, I'm horrified to read Eric's original post, not to mention his follow up comments. Is this a real guy or just some numnuck bating people out there? And for Eric's information, I have 18 mortgages, have never been late once since I started buying homes in 2000, and my credit is A+. So much for everyone who has a loan with ASC being a dead beat. Interestingly enough I did became a mortgage broker because I got tired of seeing friends getting ripped off by lenders. I'll be sure never to steer anyone towards ASC! So far I've thankfully not had any problems with ASC, perhaps it's because I use internet banking to pay the mortgage. Kinda difficult for ASC to deny receiving a payment when it's wired directly to them from a legit bank. I don't think they would want to go up against Citibank, Wells Fargo, Bank of America etc. Perhaps internet banking is something to think about for those of you out there with an ASC loan. Obviously better than sending the payment by mail which they can claim they never got!
 18th of Jul, 2007 by   Rick Burton 0 Votes
I doubt all loans with ASC are sub prime and to high risk customers. I have a 720 FICO score and a 7% fixed mortgage, and make 100k per year. Nevertheless, my original lender, still sold my mortgage to ASC. They are a pain to work with, but fortunately, nothing serious compared to many on this board.
 30th of Jul, 2007 by   daniel keith dailey 0 Votes
This is the kind of people you have to deal with when you deal with ASC.
 31st of Jul, 2007 by   Harvey J Bazile 0 Votes
I thought Eric's comments were childish and thoughtless. I have had two loans with ASC and a friend of mine has one with ASC as well. All three are good prime loans: excellent income and excellent credit. I doubt that you are authorized to make these sweeping comments about the quality of loans serviced by ASC. Your comment about high-priced lawyers working for ASC and "bootleg" lawyers that represent ASC borrowers is a prime example of your immaturity. First of all, it is a fallacy that a high-priced lawyer is a good lawyer. Second, it is the merit of the case that controls, not how much money the lawyer charges the client. My opinion is that too many times debt collectors feel that they have to act, well, like debt collectors: rude and gratuitously nasty.
 3rd of Aug, 2007 by   Dianne Lawhorn +1 Votes
I hope your still out there Eric because I beg to differ with you. ASC is not just for people with bad credit. Our loan was sold to ASC. My credit score is 856 and my husbands is 825. We have a fixed 6.25% loan. We DO NOT have bad credit. As for the comment about due dates, yes the payment is due on the 1st of the month, however there is a grace period until the 15th of the month, hence the "After the 16th add a late fee".

I have never paid my mortgage on the 1st, and still have a high credit score. And for those of you having problems with ASC saying your payment is late (After my loan was sold to ASC I mailed my first payment and surprise of surprises, it was late) Check to see if your bank has a bill paying service. I have Bank of America, and they have this service. They wire the money directly to ASC. So far I have had no problems. I'm sure if there were a problem, Bank of America would step in and take care of it. Oh, and Eric if you truly do work for ASC, go ahead and check my account. (Stephen and Dianne Lawhorn) Then you will see you are full of Shit and ASC is Not just for people with bad credit!!!

Good Luck to all of you!!
 17th of Sep, 2007 by   RAQUELCASTILLO +1 Votes
LET ME START BY SAYING I HAVE A PERFECT FICO SCORE 734 AND DID NOT KNOW THAT ASC WAS SUBPRIME LENDER AND ALSO LET ME TELL YOU WELLS FARGO COULL SHOVE THERE LAWYER UP THERE ASS WHEN I FINISH WITH THEM........
 17th of Sep, 2007 by   RAMON JACKSON 0 Votes
HELLO ALL!!! I AM A FORMER EMPLOYEE OF WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE INBOUND COLLECTIONS CENTER IN FREDERICK MARYLAND. I WAS A COLLECTIONS REP FOR AMERICA'S SERVICING COMPANY LOANS! LET ME JUST TELL YOU!!! WHAT A SHIT HOLE! THIS COMPANY AND ITS CUSTOMERS HAVE ITS UPS AND DOWNS. SOME OF THE ISSUES ARE THE CUSTOMERS FAULT, SOME ARE THE COMPANIES FAULT. BUT THEY ARE A PIECE OF SHIT THEY COULD AVOID A LOT OF STUFF. WE DONT EVEN HAVE THE TOOLS TO HELP YOU PEOPLE. YOU TAKE AN ISSUE TO YOUR SUP AND THEIR # 1 FOCUS IS TO GET THE CUSTOMER OFF THE PHONE WEATHER IT MEANS MAKING SOMETHING UP OR HELPING THEM. WHO CARES AS LONG AS WE CAN GET TO SOMEONE WHO HAS A PAYMENT SO WE DIDNT GO BANKRUPT!! HAHA ITS HILARIOUS I HAD TO GET OUT OF THERE. I TALKED TO THE SAME WOMAN TWICE IN ONE MONTH AND WAS FINALLY LIKE JESUS GOD WE NEED TO HELP THIS WOMAN!!! I CAN HONESTLY SAY MOST OF THE PAYMENT MISTAKES I NEVER EVER EVER EVER FOUND A COMPANY ERROR. THEY MAY HAVE MADE IT SO CONFUSING THAT NOBODY COULD READ IT AND IT CONFUSED THE CUSTOMER AND 6 REPS GAVE WRONG INFO BUT I COULD ALWAYS FIGURE IT OUT AND HELP THE CUSTOMER SEE IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE. YEAH IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE BUT IF WE COULD HAVE SHOWN THEM THAT 6 MONTHS AGO THE SITUATION WOULD BE A LOT BETTER. THE REPS ARE MORONS! THEY ARE MOSTLY WHITE TRASH WHO HAVE SHIT FOR BRAINS! SORRY WISH I COULD HAVE STAYED AND HELPED AS I DID LOTS OF PEOPLE BUT I HAD TO GO!!
 19th of Sep, 2007 by   sandi g 0 Votes
I have read all the peoples complaints against this company and I want to say that if everyone who has a complaints wrote to their state representative or their state congresman about this company maybe something will be done. Since we as consumers don't have rights, we put these people in office to represent us, they need to do something about the shady practices that the mortgage companies are using. I would write to them and keep writing to them they better get the message. Otherwise don't vote for them the next time its election time. We all need to do this so our voices will be heard, we pay their salaries lets get our moneys worth. This means everyone who has had a problem with this company past and present!!!

Why Consumers Can't Avoid Unplanned Purchases