logo

Intoxalock
Hidden Fees
2. (5 mins ago)
Motorola India
Very poor customer service!
3. (6 mins ago)

Posted:    Henry Gonzalez

A complete scam

Ambit Energy
McAllen, Texas
Ambit Energy is a complete scan from top to bottom. First their consultant, an ex-friend (now!!!), told me I was going to get a lower rate than my previous provider.

I got a lower rate the first month. The 2nd month it doubled. The 3rd month it tripled. I called my ex-friend, and she said she was sorry, but she did not know what was going on. She said it probably was because everything was going up. I kept calling customer service, many times every month and everybody would tell me thay could not help me. Until finally, one day, a service rep finally told me the truth. He told me where to read the small letters in their terms of service on the internet, that shows that the low rate is only the first month. But the sales reps never tell you that.

I am a disabled, poor senior citizen, not even affording day to day food and expenses, whose only income is my monthly social security check, which I receive only on the third of the month. Their due date for me is the 1st of the month. They told me I have a two day grace period. so I can pay it on the 3rd and not be penalized. But every month on the 2nd, they add around $2oo.00 of late charges and reconnection fees. I have to call every month and try to work it out with several supervisors. Sometimes I wait several weeks before I hear from them. Sometimes they don't return my calls. Sometimes they give me partial credit, sometimes they do not.

This company is a pyramid that sooner or latter will have its source of customers dry up as more and more of their multi-level-marketing scheme reps leave them, unhappy because only the top people are getting rich, not the sales reps. Only Brian McClure, their MLM director is becoming a multi-millonaire with this scam. Their peons and their customers will leave them little by little and the Pyramid will crumble, just like the Babel Pyramid of wicked ancient Babylon crumbled. The modern Babylon the Great will also soon be shattered to pieces because of its wickedness.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jan, 2009 by   Gabriel Solomon -2 Votes
A former friend sponsored me as a consultant after promising me wealth and positive cash flow residual income with a minimal of effort
I gave my friend names to contact people and sponsor them on my behalf (as he suggested I do) and he insulted them and told them they werent motivated hen they told him they didnt want to join the business. To the citizens of Ambit world, anyone who does not join is simply not motivated to succeed and is a looser. The only way people make money is by sponsoring people and the $429.00 sign up fee is how the upline gets paid. there is no point of investing $429 to " buy " a business. From my perspective, the $429 is charged so the upline get paid and make money and when you complain that you are not making money your sponsor tells you that you are not doing it correct and you should keep coming to meetings. If you want to make money go out and work for it. From my perspective, The Ambit business opportunity is set up to Scam people out of 429 and then $26 per month
 27th of Jan, 2009 by   Paul 0 Votes
I would like to respond to Solomon first. It sounds like your friend is the problem and not Ambit. Just like in all other businesses, there are people who do it right and those who do it wrong. This is no get rich quick scheme, it can take up to 3 years to see substantial income. Most people would like to do less and earn more, unfortunately all those jobs are taken, LOL. Ambit allows you the opportunity to work for 3 - 5 years to generate an income that will last generation to generation depending on how much time you put into the business. This company is real as well as the opportunity. Any smart business minded person will see that. It’s not right for everyone, you shouldn't knock a company just because you weren't successful. Most people who join Ambit do it because they are unhappy with their present job. The only difference is, they are working for a boss who gets paid more then them and they can collect a pay check by just doing enough to get by. It takes a lot of work to build your own business, we should look in the mirror before we start blaming everyone else for our misfortunes. I don’t mean to insult anyone, but I have worked extremely hard at building a successful business with a company that has done MLM right. Just take a look at the CEO & CMO and the partnership they have with the third largest company in the world. Don't think people like that would link their reputations to a scam.
As for the person in the first complaint, again I will say that you probably were dealing with a consultant who didn't understand the business. It is possible that our rates might higher than the incumbents. This is why we have the 1% guarantee after 12 months. Ambit is a new company and the mere fact that they guarantee a savings is amazing. As our customer base increases Ambit will be able to maintain competitive rates month to month.
 22nd of Feb, 2009 by   M Garcia +1 Votes
Amen !! I totally agree. Ambit Energy is just a Money Hungry Greedy Company- God will punish this company. You just wait and see " The POWER OF GOD " I have had Ambit for over 14 months. They kept my deposit because they said i was late one time. That was because when i made an on-line payment - i was charged twice on my credit card. After calling Customer service and writing a letter to Corporate office did i receive a call. The following month i got a bill with a zero balance due. Then all of a sudden i get a termination notice with the same amount that i was double billed- causing me to be late - i was never credited for the double payment- they said there was nothing they could do for me. I will definitely be switching to another company. Ambit Energy Customer Service is terrible - they will make you hold for 2-3 hours- hoping you hang up. They are also earning interest on the customers' deposit. Please save yourself a headache and do not choose AMBIT Energy as your service provider. Also my electric bill doubled in December when i was gone for 2 weeks. I live in a small 1 bedroom and am very conservative. My average bill went from $55.00 month to $122.00. watch out because they pay the PUC kickbacks to avoid problems.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   Jaime 0 Votes
Hi Ive been a consultan with Ambit for about 2 years hre in FL, with any luck, so I quit and join a company called Stem Tech Science, and now I am making money, sellig their great product Stem Enhance, I recommended to everyone, you can get more info at www.jiriza.stemtechbiz.com
 1st of Apr, 2009 by   MooseShady -3 Votes
"Only Brian McClure, their MLM director is becoming a multi-millonaire with this scam."

WRONG!!! This company's just got started and Brian is no longer the only millionaire in Ambit. 3 others joined the Ambit Millionaire's club: Carlos Marin, Steve Thompson and just added: Ray Montie from New York with many more to come. BTW Ambit is now in Three States: TX, NY and IL. Ohio is next coming April 15.

If this is a scam, how come they're a member of The Better Business Bureau, how come Shell Oil is a stragetic partner and how come The Thompson (7 Eleven) and the Lamarr Hunt Family (Kansas City Chiefs) are investors of this company?

Weak argument!!
 13th of May, 2009 by   Bill -2 Votes
Sounds like a lot of BS on your part. You want everyone to believe that your rates doubled and tripled in 3 months. Hopefully you don't believe this yourself.
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   kingwood_lenny -1 Votes
I'm new in Ambit, and I'm making money. Not the big cash rolls that some are, but I chalk that up to the time needed to build a business. This is a real opportunity, and a way out for many that are trapped in a dead-end job. This isn't lotions or potions. It's a real opportunity for those that are willing to work for it.
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   natty +3 Votes
It happened to me. 1st month 9.9 cents. 2nd month 13.5 cents. 3rd month it jumped to over 19 cents. My "consultant" was absolutely no help. I couldn't get any customer service on the phone. I am not going to wait over 1 hour like I did for someone to answer the phone.
10 days late and they pulled the plug. I had to pay for 2 months service, disconnect charge, reconnect charge, then put up a deposit to straighten every thing out. Then they were going to put me at the maximum rate for 6 months (over 22 cents) before I would be eligible for lower rates.
I switched immediately and told them to kiss my ass.
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   PIXIDUST -2 Votes
Some people are clueless! If your electricity goes up it is because you are on a month to month bases. That means depending on the market it may go up up up then down then up up, and so on. You must be on a yearly contract to stay with the same rate all year. When it is time to renew your contract with some companies they will keep your same rate you had previously, others like Reliant Energy will give you the rate of the market and lock it in for your yearly contract. So you may get lucky and get a lower rate, but chances are it will be higher. DO YOUR HOMEWORK PEOPLE!!!
 2nd of Aug, 2009 by   ronco -2 Votes
I cant speak for the Texas issues, but can say that in NY we get a written guarantee of savings 1% and billing is handled by the incumbent provider. I have spoken with ambit customer service and they have been quick to respond and very helpful with my questions. I also own my own construction business and no that some customers are never pleased and simply looking for problems to complain about as they do with everything in life.
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   Lyn King  Best Advice +5 Votes
I signed up for Ambit after being with Reliant for years. A girl that I worked with was a consultant. It wounded good but it was a nightmare. Their call center has a big wait to talk to someone. After the first month when I paid my bill on line I thought that it had gone thru. A week or two later I got my mail and had a disconnect notice from them. I called them and had to wait forever to get to speak to someone. Well, apparently when they put in your name in the billing part and spelled my name with two N's instead of just one. Anyway, when I put in my debit information it did not go thru because THEY spelled my name wrong. I could not get the lady at the other end to correct it and she said that would not have caused my payment not to go thru. Then she told me that there was a disconnect notice on my account and to stop them from disconnecting my service I would have to pay an additional $50. I told them my electricity was still on and that it was not disconnected but they would not budge. After I paid the bill and the extra money for the disconnect notice. The next month my usage went way up. The girl that I worked with who was the person who signed me up called Ambit and she told them what had happened. They said that since I was late that my rate had gone up because of that. She told them that I was late because when I put in my information to pay my bill they had my name spelled wrong and my bank did not accept the debit. They refused to budge even though it was their fault. Some of it was my fault because I thought I had gotten a confirmation but I guess that I hadn't. So all the rest of the time I have had to pay a high rate and they refused to lower it because of what had happened. They even looked back and saw the my name was incorrectedly spelled. On my bill it is correct but they made a mistake on the information for the debit. My service ends August 19 coming up and I can't get away from them fast enough.
Enough is enough ... is too much.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   Mark Texas 0 Votes
I have been with Ambit as a consultant and customer now for a little more than 2 months. I was never promised unlimited wealth or millions of dollars, just a chance to make some extra money based on how much effort I put into it. I do not guilt anyone and if someone says "no thanks" then ok. I have called both customer service and consultant support several times and made it through almost instantly each time. Just like with any business if you work it smart, ethically, friendly and honest then you will make money. I really enjoy helping people save money. I save an average of 25% each month since switching from TXU. The way Ambit chooses to market themselves may not be for everybody, but heck there is no marketing policy that is. If you have somebody trying to guilt you into anything I would run from them and they surely are not a true friend.
Bottom line is you can make money and keep your friends if you treat those people with the same respect that you would want to be treated with.
 29th of Nov, 2009 by   Open minded 35 +1 Votes
Im not an ambit consultant but every thing that you are saying just screams LIER no electric company charges 200.00 in late fees and reconnect charges. The fact that the company chooses to market for there customers in a mlm fashion does not make this a scam. Avon is a mlm company and they been around for several decades and they dont even offer any thing you NEED.
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   Shawn Nuzzo +5 Votes
I did a research project on Ambit and it appears to be nothing more than an old-fashioned pyramid scheme. It's quite surprising that anyone would ever fall for this, but it's like they say: A fool and their money were lucky to meet in the first place.
 10th of Jan, 2010 by   MooseShady -4 Votes
Bill said

"How you can say I'm BS'ing when I can get free energy by just referring 15 customers and help then get their free energy as well? Stupid! Do your homework before you start running off your mouth
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   invinciblextim -3 Votes
i hate saying this but one of my friends signed up for ambit energy and started making money (what he said) but he never told me how he made it ( could be a lie). the whole point of them making money is through the customers they get. so it's like hunting, the more you get, the more you get paid.. everything is based on hard work.. yes top 5% will make it and the rest will fail based on the amount of work you put in. if you work hard, yes you will make your money back, but if you're that type who doesnt really give much of a damn, then you shouldnt join because its a waste of money and time for you. BUt if you have the edge to do this, give it a try, but if you dont make it, dont cry because now you LEARN SOMETHING!!!
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   Educate -1 Votes
Ambit Energy is great! Check out the "Better Business Bureau" AmbitEnergy BBB on google. You can see their A rating...and they post all of the REAL...mistakes that have made and been rectified. Anyone, anywhere, can slander a company for their own personal gain.
Thats what wrong about the internet. Ive seen people say that no planes crashed into the twin towers on 911...Ive seen professors discussing that George Bush is a reptilian...Ive seen blogs that say Verizon Wireless is a scam...The internet is full of BS.

Go to reputable organizations to see if Ambit is legit:

FTC - Federal Trade Commision - Call them...I did...Ambit is Legit.
BBB - A- rating for Ambit.
The federal government has issued a tax ID to this company. International attorneys approved them. Its not a scam...your lack of education is a scam. For all of you people who dont know what a Pyramid is...its a money scheme...with no product or service.
Bernie maddoff pulled of the greatest Ponzi scheme...in history...all money...no product
or service. Corporations hire employees for the corporate pyramid. The defininition of an employee is someone who is being "USED" for the end result which is corporate profit. When the corporate pyramid is not making enough profit...they shrink the corporate pyramid...this is called "LAY-OFFS"...10% of this country knows this.

Get educated PEOPLE...ALL OF YOU WHO THINK AMBIT IS A PYRAMID ARE AT THE
VERY BOTTOM OF ONE RIGHT NOW...THE CORPORATION...Theyll rape you of your
time and money then steal your retirement. THAts a scam.
 18th of Feb, 2010 by   jfgmoney79 -1 Votes
I dont use ambit as a means of making money but I do use the company as my electric provider. As a client you do have to watch your rate term, when it ends you reup again the rates are good, and if dont no what you are saying ask some one who can help you, i read allot of assumptions and its just alot of ignorance, have a great day
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   shawn888 +2 Votes
Ambit is just pure scam...first they want 429 dollars to become a consultant..comon now are people blind???? i am saying this because a consultant form ambit told me about joining and get richer...i said ok but when i heard they want their 429 first and on top of that 25 dollars every month for running the websites...ohh comon give me a break ...25 dollars for running a websites???...i am an IT guy and i know there is charge of running a website..once a website is build its build...its not like an automobile that you have to put gas to run it...Ambit is pure scam...its a fraud company just want to peoples money ...and spciallly Ambit targets low income and unskilled people who are in dead end jobs...in other words they are taking advantage of poor peoples life misery...
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   connie ed -1 Votes
i use to be a drug dealer but now ambit saved me from living in a box the rest of my life, , ambit saved my life so if ure bill tripled in 3 months ura a fuckin fool,

Common Scams to Avoid on Your Next Vacation