logo

Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
4. (38 mins ago)
Weiss Comestic & Laser Procedures Blepharoplasty
Terrible/Horrible Asymmetry eyelids surgery (blepharoplasty)
5. (46 mins ago)
Web Wise Media
Web Wise Media SCAM, HOAX, RIP OFF

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Amazon.com Complaints & Reviews - Be sure before you order!

Amazon.com Contacts & Informations

Amazon.com

Posted:    edof

Be sure before you order!

Just wanted to share my recent experience with the online retailer Amazon.com and why I've decided to stop using them. I've ordered a few things from them in the past and their delivery has always been a little off. The last item I ordered is a gift for my nephew:

1. I ordered the item on June 9th 2006 with standard shipping which is supposed to be 3-5 business days. As of the end of 23 June 2006, it has not yet been delivered. 2. It was shipped on June 12th and has been in some DHL holding area in Santa Monica, California (it's destination is nearby West L.A) since June 15th undelivered to my nephew. 3. The estimated delivery date was June 20th - June 23rd (I don't know how this came about based on 1 above). And you all they can say is for me to wait until the end of the 28th?

Be sure before you order. They have also listed some things as "usually shipped within 24 hours" but you could get a message after you order saying the time is backordered. When you go to your order, you have no way to cancel.

I've given them chances before and have had enough of them.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Dec, 2006 by   Lumpy 0 Votes
As you may know Amazon doesn't really have any Customer Service. You can't email them except on their web page so you have no record of the emails and you can't have a threaded dialogue with them. And the email they respond back with, you cannot reply to. You have to go back to their web page and start all over again. Furthermore all that their reps know how to do is send out a form letter. They don't really read the email you send or actually respond to its contents.

I signed up for the 3 month complimentary Amazon Prime Service, but glad I remembered to make sure I was not automatically signed up to pay for it at the end of that time. Twice now Amazon has shipped me something by DHL's 2 day service. Forget it!! DHL can't deliver in 2 days. The first package they just sent back to Amazon. The second package was shipped last week.

Its now 8 days later and there is NO sign of the package at this end. Does Amazon care? Obviously not, because they hide their so called Customer Service behind so many screens.

It would be extremely helpful if when you went through the check out process you knew who Amazon was using to ship your package. Furthermore when I do check out I try to use the address that contains both my physical street address and my mailing address. But the moment their software recognizes a PO Box it claims it can't ship some items to that address, even though I've also included the street address. IN a multiple item order I have no idea which item(s) they are referring to.

I'd rather go back to paying a few dollars more to support my local source than deal with Amazon any more. Just not worth the hassle.
 19th of Jan, 2007 by   Valerie 0 Votes
Why does Amazon.com not have a contact phone number where customers can call and get a live person to get issues resolved. It is sad to know that a company such as Amazon don't have that available.
 7th of Feb, 2007 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I returned 2 items purchased on 11/7 to Amazon.com I received e-mail (I have a copy) that the money was credited back to my bank account. It was not. I called Amazon.com and 3 days later received another e-mail that I was correct the money did not post back to my account and due to technical difficulties Amazon.com would mail my refund in 3-5 weeks!!! Well it has been over 5 weeks and when I called to check on the status- Well the refund has been processed and they would need to research again. No response from Amazon.

It has been over 60 days and I can not dispute the charges. I have lost $100.00

DO NOT SHOP AT AMAZON THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!
 27th of Aug, 2007 by   hooter 0 Votes
Yah, I placed an order,using UPS ground service. basics are they say it has been pulled from the shelf, and the shipping agent, UPS in this case has been notified for pickup. I find it hard that business days pass and this status hasn't changed. the tracking number appears to be BOGUS when trying to work the issue from the shipper end. If it isn't resolved within the next 24-48 hours, I plan on stopping the credit charge, and writing a formal complaint to the US Attorneys office. It seems and appears by the disconnect, they are floating credit card orders. Doing a song and dance taking payment for items, delaying shipments, usually this is a sign of a company in fiscal trouble. Hey, again I could be wrong, however the impression they left with this customer is questionable, and the performance lacking.
 7th of Nov, 2007 by   J.T. Larcade 0 Votes

The poor soul who wrote the original complaint has surely been helped by now, more than a year later, but for anyone else... here is a better link. I find these links-to-what-I'm-looking-for very hard to find! Especially when I'm tearing out my hair with frustration. It's a link that offers a "contact us" box and a choice of "email" or "phone." I hope it works for those who need it.

Me, I'm staying away! For movies, I got half.com and lots of other places to go. Same with music, books, doo-dads. Plenty of sources for electronics and video games besides Amazon. Don't let 'em do this to us, and to the competition whose throats they've cut (just like Walmart does, maybe worse).
 19th of Nov, 2007 by   Ruth 0 Votes
I have been rip off, I sold 5 items online and they never sent my payments into my bank account, they are giving me the run around, this is been very frustrated to me, they keep giving me some trace numbers to take it to my bank and my bank is not responsible for it, they also told me to contact their bank so they can investigate if those funds still in their bank, my money went into thin air, can you believe this. Can someone give me some more info on how to deal with this issue. Who I need to get in touch or write. Please help.
 6th of Dec, 2007 by   mike cog 0 Votes
I went to the Amazon site from a link on DealMac.com
The item I wanted was the Sanyo Xati HD 7000 (brown) camcorder/camera.

It was priced at $299.99... free shipping.

I thought it was a good buy (a Great Buy, actually) so I clicked to "buy it now" and the price was listed at $329.99 in the cart. What!? That's $30.00 more than they advertised. I clicked on the browser back button... and the price was then $379.99!! I tried to refresh the page, but what the heck, it was still listed at $379.99.

What kind of price-gouging, product switching, price-fixing thing is going on here?
Isn't against the law to advertise a product at one price, then sell it at a higher price? Isn't that a criminal offense? And this is over the internet... probably across several state lines!

This is my first time trying to buy something from Amazon.com and now I see what I've been reading and hearing here and there... that Amazon is okay.. but kinda shifty in it's own way. I now see why. I will be sure to relate my Amazon experience to any and all.

I complained to a friend and he says he doesn't order on Amazon anymore because of the constant shipping delays, and now it looks like some kind of thrift store/flea market, what with all the ads and "buy used" stuff... at the same price as the "new" stuff and the constant ads. In fact the page that I originally went to (the one with the price at 299.99) said that people who bought the Sanyo HD700 in brown at $299.99 also bought a ...yep, Sanyo HD700 in silver... at $379.99! Yeah. Right. I shoulda figured out right then that Amazon is run by idiots thinking that their customers are also idiots.

I called their help line and got nowhere and sent an email, and got an email back which basically said that they could do nothing. Man, are they so right. They can't do anything because they don't know anything.
 10th of Dec, 2007 by   Mary 0 Votes
I have a complaint with Amazon, too. Up til now I had nothing but good experiences, but recently I went to order something and when I got to the checkout I noticed it was DOUBLE ordered -a 2 in the quantity block apparently by default??? I caught it that time, went back and changed it. This week I ordered a DVD set for about $28 with shipping of $2.96. I swear when I went to checkout that is what it had in there - BUT when I got my confirmation, lo and behold I was charged for TWO! I tried clicking the link "contact seller" which only results in a canned email that in effect tells you that if you don't use their credit card, you have no recourse for reimbursement and do not try to respond, because it's a one-way email!! What??? In God's name does the type of payment have to do with an error in the order?? Only thing I can do is give my husband one of the sets and try to sell the other one on eBay. I don't think I will order from Amazon again.
 15th of Dec, 2007 by   judy z beaver 0 Votes
Okay I see everybody is ahead of me on this one. I swear if you do not check on a company before you buy something anything you are setting yourself up for a big pain. Why is it when I look for something this instance is Gorilla Glue I went to Amazon.com found it for $5.75 item number 50008 click on for more info Amazon comes up. I see it NO WHERE at Amazon.com for this price, yes they do have it but its $12.75 a bottle. I search for complaints against Amazon and, find this site. Why does this company keep getting away with this?
 21st of Dec, 2007 by   Chris Soldano 0 Votes
I ordered a bunch of stuff for last minuet x-mas shopping. It was still in time for 2 day shipping and I would have gotten them today.

I then noticed that no one would be home for UPS (another whole complaint) so I would have to change the address to a parents house. With noway to change an address on an order I place less then 2 minuets previous I had to cancel the order go get everything again and place the order again so..

1) an item I had in my cart for a day had it's price lowered which wasn't reflected in my first order

2) $15!!!! Shipping on a $2.99 item!?!?!?!?

3) it took me of 5 minuets to gather everything in my previous order, in that 5 minuets I was no longer eligible for 2 day shipping but now needed overnight shipping to be on time for x-mas. Double the shipping!!

4) I was forced to take the overnight shipping a total of 5 items 4 from Amazon one form an amazon seller. I've gotten ONE item from amazon which was 1 day, and the 3 day item from the seller who sent it via DHL. 3 items still unaccounted for, they are planning to ship....soon. Mind you they were both "In Stock" and ready to ship when I ordered them. Oddly if a B&M store pulled this, advertising something in stock to get your business but when you go to get it they don't have it, thats rather illegal and can be considered bait and switch, yet amazon gets away with it.

5) adding insult to injury when I went to tack my packages the next day they were still advertising 2 day shipping to get your items in time for x-mas.

Amazon won't listen but the Better Business Bureau and for the most part you'll get your point across, I also did find

Phone toll-free in the US and Canada: (800) 201-7575 or (866) 216-1072

Phone from outside the US and Canada: (206) 346-2992 or (206)-266-2992
Another direct line: (206) 266-2335

Amazon’s rebate center: 1-866-348-2492
Amazon Corporate Accounts:1-866-486-2360

Snail mail to customer service
Amazon.com, Inc.
PO Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226

Service for Amazon Sellers
877-251-0696
They also have special e-mail accounts for spoofing and abuse:

stop-spoofing@amazon.com
 26th of Dec, 2007 by   Lisa Smith 0 Votes
Amazon.com ripps off sellers
1. they start a review
2. one complaint is enough to get you kicked off based on what might happen
 3rd of May, 2008 by   ned ellis 0 Votes
bought something from an amazon seller 18 days ago, they said it was shipped 15 days ago, amazon nor the seller answer my emails, time to take it further
 12th of May, 2008 by   Kim Hoffman 0 Votes
My order said 24 hour shipp. then after order said up to 30 days. I had to stop payment on my credit card! Bought the next day at Buy.com and had in 3 days!
 16th of Jul, 2008 by   Robert McEwen 0 Votes
I order a VHS of Tight Little Island advertised on amazon.ca as coming from New York and formatted NTSC, the North American electronic system. For reasons unknow to me they changed my order without informing me and when it arrived it was the original UK title, Whisky Galore and the real problem was it was in the UK format (PAL) which will not play on North American equipment. I emailed amazon.ca who waived all responsibility and refered me to the sender who was apologetic and offered a refund upon return, but pointed out that while the NEW York ad clearly said "Tight Little Island, vendor in New York, format NTSCÈ, their ad on amazon.uk clearly said Whisky Galore, vendor in England and format, PAL. Had they told me of their arbitrary change I would have know it wouldn t work and would have cancelled the order. THEIR ERROR, MY LOSS. I am promised a refund by the English gentleman upon return but it means I will have to make one more purchase from amazon (It will be my last) The fact that I am out two shipping charges is insignificant in my mind to the arrogance of those low lifes and that they seem to expect to get away with changing orders without notice and botching orders with immunity.
 20th of Jul, 2008 by   christie W. 0 Votes
It's been over 6 months since I have been trying to express to Amazon that it has not fulfill its free magazine policy with my purchases. I made 2 qualifying purchases for free magazines, and it made no effort to give me the free magazines. A month later I wrote to inquire. Amazon gave me the run around like I made the offer up. Finally going both to an customer representative in INDIA and then one in the US, I receive a link. So, from January 2008, I waited until April. Again, no Bon Appetite magazines for myself or my mother in law. Then, another battery of correspondence. They said to fill the form again. Then recently, I went through another battery of correspondence. Amazon blamed Conde Naste, and vice versa. At the end I lost. I still did not receive my free magazines. I then went to PlanetFeedBack.com and am waiting for a response from Amazon. Their email address does not work, and PlanetFeedBack had to fax over my complaint and demand. I won't hold my breath on what Amazon will do for me. It was also supposed to refund the cost of my free subscriptions if I don't receive my magazines. I didn't get that either. I vow never to purchase from Amazon again. It's just not a responsible seller. It was a promotion on fraudulent pretense.
 24th of Sep, 2008 by   seth 0 Votes
i am a seller on amazon and when i sold a zune 30gb, amazon erased my records and i cannot look for the order number.and i cannot contact the person for the zune back because i cant get their information.i was scammed pretty much.and amazon say that the sale never existed
 7th of Oct, 2008 by   bibi 0 Votes
Dude, I feel your pain.
As both a buyer and a seller on amazon.
Well, mostly amazon sellers are pretty good but you get a few bad apples.
Ive purchased from amazon itself and rarely had any problems*save for backorders* Thing is I bought from sellers and most never delivered my items.
Its better to see the sellers feedback b/c I foolishly ignored them and overlooked them thinking 'well maybe it was a customer from h*ll' but I got it in the end.
I either got no items, WRONG items *a dvd is not a vhs*, I got emails months later saying the item was not instock when I got a email saying it was shipped out*with confirmation number*
Rarely no emails, dont respond from emails and amazon had to contact them.
I stick with sellers with more positive feedback then the ones with, ooh lets say 20 negatives in one month.
Though when they do run off with my $$, I think you can only have so many refunds for those sellers from amazon.
The seller needs to do that via refund to give your money back but that rarely happened, save for one dude, and amazon had to pay me back.
Its annoying, the bad apples I mean
 24th of Oct, 2008 by   donna lynne wornall 0 Votes
Their explanation for my delayed shipment was complete bullshit.

I have been a good customer for many years. This item was listed as 'in stock'
and I selected the super saver option because it was only an additional 3 - 5
business days. The current 'estimated time of delivery' is 3 weeks. That is
outrageous and unacceptable.
I could have walked to the local store, purchased the item, made the paper to
wrap it, and sent it myself for less, and it would have arrived sooner.
Amazon has become a third-rate supplier, and their customers are the victims.
Their only response to my questions was an automatic response... they have
become scam artists, taking money for products they hope to provide at some
later date.

Their current idea of 'service' should be exposed for what it is.
 27th of Nov, 2008 by   BP 0 Votes
Amazon.com has always been good for me. You just have to read the listings and make sure you know what's going on with your delivery, and everything seems to work out well for me.
 20th of Jan, 2009 by   GSN 0 Votes
I am not a customer of Amazon.com .
I am a dealer! (well i have been for 4 months now)
Please hear me out..Im on your side!!
We were beginning our online business. . A general Merchandise
website.
When we got this great deal...We could do our selling on Amazon for 1 month free (it turned into 2..another story) We thought..hey..yeah..why not..Amazon is big!! We could advertise there..(not..no advertising ..if you respond to a customer and use your webaddress..you are cancelled!!) we could get a few profits in the meantime..etc
PLEASE NOTE: We began this business..in hopes to better our living..we are both divorced..with 7 children between us..me with a disability..him with a unstable income...I came into 5000.00 from a settlement..and put my everything into working a retail site..(i was a reatail manager for 20 yrs before disabliity..no i do not get ss for this) Anyway..We signed up. We put up our products..with a 5.00 profit on each ..figuring..they are great products..volume matters ..not price.. right? Well ..we sold a bunch!!! ..Wow we thought this is GREAT!!! ... then AMAZON FEES came in..(the ones they don't tell you about) do you know?? they charge the reg dealer...on average 15 percent of thier sale? ...will NOT allow you to sell in certain catagories until you are "worthy" (meaning..you have kissed thier ass enough and you are a dealer with them for about 2 yrs!) .. So our 5.00 profit on a 70.00 item..went to shit!! Shipping was a joke..since we were competing with everyone else on low shipping rates...we ended up...KILLING ourlselves..to pay (literally pay about 1.20 per item..a total of about 300.00) to have alllllllllllll those orders filled ..so the customers didn't go without..and God forbid..they leave us a bad feedback!!! (amazon threatens you when a customer leaves such)..
Hec.. I put up an item..once..that someone else had...up..i beat thier price..by 50 cents..then...come to find out the picture was changed..and when I got an order..sent the person the item..they called amazon on me..for misrepresentation!!! ( i ended up taking a 35.00 loss on that one..cause I ended up just giving the person the product..to save face!!) GEEEEEEEEEEEZ What is this world coming to?
Amazon...once they got you..they got you by the balls!!! (in a matter of speaking..for a dealer!!) Let alone..when it comes to the customer complaints I read here...I totally understand!! Amazon pays ..us...1x every 2 weeks minus thier fee..for what customers buy. YETTTTTTT we are to pay for these items...out of pocket...within 1-2 days ..after the order.. Sometimes.(especially for me) this is impossible...I might have 200 in the bank to live on...then an order for 120.00 comes through..but yet I wont get ANYTHING for this (the 120.00 less thier fees..) ..till 2 weeks later...but I am expected to PAY for this right away!! This is why ...people...(you!) ...do not get your items ontime...most just cant order them right away...We have families too!! ..And Amazon SUX worse for the dealers at times than customers!!
Needless to say.. We will not be dealers at Amazon anymore after this last month we paid for is up.
I agree with most in the previous posts.. Amazon is for the birds...not just with customers (use to be my favorite place at one time too..as a customer) ...but for dealers as well. I found a place now..to sell my items.. on the side besides my website..which google sponsors.. And of course ..what would I be..without "advertising" my own site..here..If you really truely want Excellent customer service ..from a company who 'HAS BEEN THERE" and DOES CARE!!.. AND WILL NOT charge you an arm and a leg for products and ships within a REAL 1 or 2 days..come to my site..buy if you wish..dont if you dont wish to..Im just out to make a living too. If you wish for the website address..just email me. (for I am afraid Amaozon might be watching!! ..Sheesh)
gsneslon44@yahoo.com
Thanks for reading..and listening.. And remember..its Amazon..not the dealers!!
With Warm regards, and empathy for those who had to deal with this site..,

Suzy