Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Amazon.com Complaints & Reviews - Don't believe what their customer service said!

Amazon.com, Inc. Contacts & Informations

Amazon.com

Posted:

Don't believe what their customer service said!

On July 17th, my sisters bought a baby crib from Amazon.com for my very first baby. My husband and I were so excited when we saw the two boxes arrived at our front door. After my husband trying to put the crib together, we realized the crib was too big for the space. We put the crib back to the boxes and I tried to return the crib using the online forms. However, the forms did not work online, so I called the customer service. The agent told me the return was already in the system, and UPS would come and pick the boxes up within 5 days. Once the product is returned, I will get a gift certificate via e-mail within 3 business days.

After waiting for a week, the boxes were still downstairs of our condo. I called again, and I was told the return was never in the system. So this time, the agent promised me she has put a request through UPS. One week later, UPS came, but they only had one label. They could not pick up TWO boxes with ONE label!!

I had to call again to ask another agent to send one more label, and about five days later, the second box was finally taken by UPS. One week after both boxes were taken by UPS, I still did not get any gift certificate via e-mails, so I called again. I was told the product was delivered to the wrong place!

This time, I was promised that I would get my gift certificate by Tuesday, 9/4/2007. I also e-mailed my thoughts to your customer service, and I was told to wait until 9/5/2007 which is today. Here is quoted from one of their agents:

"I have reviewed our previous correspondence and thoroughly researched your order and see that we have received your return. In addition to the transit time, it typically takes us 3 to 5 business days to process returned packages after we receive them. After the return has been processed, you'll receive an e-mail confirming your refund.

I also see that my colleague, Mahender, is personally following on this return and asked you to wait until September 5, 2007 for your return has been processed. If your refund (in Gift certificates) has not been submitted, he would personally complete this refund on September 5, 2007.

I appreciate your patience while we work on this issue and I apologize for any inconvenience." I did not have any hope that I would get the certificate on 9/5/2007, and I was right. I called again, and I was told the return was not sent to the gift certificate department. The agent I talked to told me my return is sent to the right department and I should receive my certificate with 3 days. He was also the only one to offer me $30 promotional certificate because of what I have been through. However, the certificate did not really work... What a surprise!

This whole experience has caused me time, made me frustrated, upset and angry. It is absolutely disappointing that AMAZON.COM would treat their customers this way. Every time I sent an e-mail to your customer service, I got the same response. "Please be patient and wait while we work this out."

I just want people to be aware when you want to return something to Amazon.com, it can be the most frustrating experience ever.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

Amazon.com - Unauthorized charge to debit card
BillWaus
Florida

I found a transaction on my bank account that i never authorized, when checking online.
The description was amzn.com / billwaus. I has no idea what this was, and it was for $63. 98
I reorted it to my bank immediatly and then i tried to go to the webisite. The address took me to an amazon.com page but it said it wasn't a valid address.
So, i googled the same thing and came upon this website.
 17th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
same - charge was 36.66 for me.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just purchased a book from amazon.com. I ordered it used through a Goodwill bookstore reseller. The charge to my card was correct. I came here because I vaguely remember seeing the Bill WA US item in the past as fraud from Grant Master.

Amazon.com is located in Washington state - USA (billing department?)

Just some thoughts
 31st of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I found a transaction on my bank account for a book that I had ordered from Amazon "Blossom Part 2" but I had never received it. The record on the statement was AMZN.COM/BILLWAUS. I has no idea that this would be on my bill since I have not recieved the item, and it was for $11.98
So I came across this website and so I am here writing to find out what have happen.
Why am I being billed for an item that I have not received.

LET ME KNOW.

FUSTRATED AND ANGRY
 2nd of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
YA ME TO FOR SOME BOOK I DIDNT ORDER $5.75 I DONT KNOW IF ITS WORTH CHASIN THE CROOK AMZN.COM/BILLWAUS, IM WORRIED IT WILL STRIKE AGAIN!
PHX AZ METALMAN
 5th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I was charged 21.47 for a tanning cream I ordered . I never received the item. It was Amazon.com BillWa
 5th of May, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I would like to get a refund. I hate being ripped off.
 31st of Oct, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Since October 2009 I have had 16 amounts totaling $1, 020.04 taken out of my check account, and I have no idea who this person/company is. Can anyone please help me? The charges on my account are from the name AMAZON.COM AMZN.COM/BILLWAUS
Thanks for any help what-so-ever...
Paul White
For: Kiwi Investments LLC
 19th of Jan, 2011 by    -1 Votes
Hey I don't know if this helps any of you guys out but I came across this site after having the same problem but upon checking my Amazon account history I discovered that the 10.23 charge matched the cost of an item that I ordered (and was successfully delivered to me), so to me it looks like this bill is a legitimate Amazon charge.
 20th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
good for you... i purchased ONE item and was charged this as additional to my purchase...shall we assume u are the reciepient of the charge?
 9th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I also got scammed by Bill Waus on 5/8/11. I did not buy or sell any items. I don't want to be an Amazon customer anymore, but I also do like to buy things from there. Has anyone successfully put Paypal on their Amazon account? That is the only way I think I will come back to Amazon, but I am still very Leary. I am just upset and angry.
 13th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
You can't pay for Amazon.com using paypal directly, HOWEVER you can get a paypal debit card and pay that way. It's free to get a paypal debit card and it works just like a debit card and will come out of your paypal balance or your checking account.
 10th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Yea, mine too. Got dinged for $598 on my paypal debit card...luckily Paypal has refunded money
 12th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
hOW CAN i FIND OUT WHAT WAS PURCHASED USING MY DEBIT CARD?
TRACE # 244462
amzn.com/billwaus $197.10 dated 09/09/2011
debit card number: last four (2604)

Eddy Stitt
713 857 4529
 20th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
I bought some clay, then cancel the order. It was gona take to long to come, but never got my money back.
 20th of Feb, 2012 by    +1 Votes
This is a GENUINE SCAM, this site "Amazon.COM AMZN.COM/BILLWAUS" charge my credit card with TWO (2) amounts, one of $1.00 US and the other of $199.00 US ! I don't understand how those crooks operate but they seem to be able to access our credit informations trough Amazon.CA, we don't buy trough Amazon.COM (USA), only trough Amazon.CA (CANADA) ! How long will the authorities let those thieves continue to rip honest people ?
 20th of Feb, 2012 by    +2 Votes
This is a GENUINE SCAM, this site Amazon.COM AMZN.COM/BILLWAUS charge my credit card with TWO (2) amounts, one of $1.00 US and the other of $199.00 US ! We always make our transactions in canadian dollars, right there, that was the first sign that something was wrong ! We had no message either from Amazon.CA telling us they were shipping something to us ! We do not understand how those crooks operate but they seem to be able to access our credit card informations trough Amazon.CA, we do not buy trough Amazon.COM (USA), we only buy trough Amazon.CA (CANADA) !

How long will the authorities let those thieves continue to rip honest people like that ? It seems to be a knowned issue for quite a while now ! Please disregard and erase the preceding message !
 8th of May, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Ok so I just went a round with amazon.com people after i returned my product and still havent recieved a refund. not only that but i am missing money out of my account and all my bank statement says is amazon.com amazon.com 250.00(US) worth but i didnt order anything after the first order was defective. havent recived anything in the mail but I am out all this money that i work very hard for. and did they care no they didnt . I am just beside my self in anger!!! someone is prob. sitting on a sunny beach somewhere drinking fruity drinks rolling in the dough while we are all breaking our backs for them to break our banks! Let me find just one of them in person just one!!!
 4th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I got hit by a $1.00 charge - shows as pending this morning. I do a lot of ordering from Amazon.com, but my purchases show up as amazon.com marketplace...not WAUS. My bank tells me that I can dispute the charge when it becomes a debit on my account. Hassle, but after reading some comments here, it looks like the $1.00 is a test charge, then they hit with the $199.00 once they determine it's a legit account. Thanks for the warnings!
 14th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
I just found two transactions on my account both from AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTS AMAZON MKTPLACE PM AMZN.COM/BILLWAUS one on 6/11/12 for 15.98 and 28.98 on 6/12/12. I did not authorize this nor have I bought anything from Amazon since early May which they've been paid. What is this charge and why are they getting away with this ??

Latest Scams Sweeping the United States