logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Ocean Investment
INVEST WITH 500USD TODAY AND GET A RETURN OF 11,000USD AFTER 7-WORKING DAYS.
2. (15 mins ago)
Optimization

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Alpha Ecological Complaints & Reviews - Never do business with Alpha Ecological!

Alpha Ecological Contacts & Informations

Alpha Ecological

Posted:    Andrea Foster

Never do business with Alpha Ecological!

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and my husband and I have also written a letter of complaint to the company directly. We have had no response as of yet. I am trying to get this information out in as many venues as possible since what has happened to us is so appalling, I feel that others so know what they are getting into if they decide to do business with Alpha Ecological.

NAME: Alpha Ecological Pest Control
BBB MEMBER: YES
CONTACT: Ms Teresa Sickles
ADDRESS: 1200 NE 112th Ave
Vancouver, WA 98684
PHONE: 360 885-4000
FAX: 360 604-4294
Website: www.alphaecological.com

My Husband contacted Alpha Ecological at the beginning of March and set up services for them to come out every three months and provide pest control services. They charged us over $400.00 ($409.37 to be exact)for the initial visit, which was March 20, 2007.

They sent us a reminder card for our quarterly service on June 26. It said they would be out at 8am. On June 26th, they had not showed up by 12:30pm so my husband called them. The customer support person said that she was sorry and that they would reschedule for 1pm on Thursday the 28th and give us a $25 discount. On that day, at approximately 1:45pm, the service tech (a manager) called from Olympia saying he was returning from a meeting in Seattle and that he would be late. He arrived at about 3pm. He was complaining a lot about how far out we were and how they were not making any money on us.

Service was done within 30 minutes, where he charged us the full rate of $118.00. My husband mentioned the discount to the tech and he "flipped"; repeating that it wasn't our (the company's) fault, but they would definitely have to drop us as a customer. Almost immediately after that visit, we received a letter from Alpha Ecological that effective immediately, we were outside their service area and they were no longer going to provide services to us.

Frankly, we don't care about the second visit charge, but we do care that we had to pay so much for the first service (and they didn't follow through with their end). I would expect to get at least $300 back from the first visit, since they aren't continuing service. Any other service we move to is going to charge us the same inflated 1st visit charge as they did.

I, Andrea Foster, contacted Alpha Ecological on Friday, July 20, 2007 and spoke to Nick. I explained my complaint and that I expected at least a $300 refund. I specifically gave Nick my work number to call be back but he called me back on my home number and left a message.

I called him back today, Monday, July 23, 2007 and found out that he no longer works there! I spoke to another customer service representative and had to explain the situation all over again. She was surprised to hear that one of the technicians had been so rude and said she needed to talk with him and then call me back. She called me back right away and said that they were familiar with the situation and offered to pay for half of the last visit charge, which cost $118.00). The never did apply the $25.00 discount!

Beware!
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Nov, 2007 by   Glenn J. Gooding -1 Votes
I agree. I paid $771.00 for services to include rodent prevention; replacement of a air-duct and according to the contract a total crawl-space clean out. The duct was not connected to the system or to the vent; the crawl space was not cleaned out. This was after one of their people came out and stated that is was not done properly and someone would be out. I was told this 3 different times. I later received a phone call after no one showed up stating that it would cost $2,00o to $6,000 for a total clean out.

The end result is I have filed a complaint with the BBB as I feel this outfit is being unprofessional and provides poor customer service. They don't back up what their technicians put in writing. I canceled the contract and will never do business with them again.
 23rd of May, 2008 by   Chris -1 Votes
I had a tech talk me into a crawlspace restoration. I am disabled and at that time unable to crawl under my house to check their work. I spent $5, 000.00 for this service. When my health improved and I was able to inspect their work .. I was horrified. Not only had they constructed crawlspace-entrance-cover incorrectly .. they cut into the sidding of my house .. to make it fit. After threatening them with a law suit and a statement from a contractor. They paid a contractor to replace $2, 100.00 worth of repairs. Now, almost two years later, my health allowed me to be able to crawl under my house. Horrified at what I see and no money to fix it. The insulation is falling off of of the subflooring. Their is no paper backing on this insulation. This does not meet city code. I also have a subterrarian (sp?) moisture ant colony eatting up my home. They didn't see this, upon their inspection, because this area would have required them to do a little crawling. If I can do it .. so could they! Now I have to deal with this extensive damage. Would have cost less to repair if caught early.
The tech that put me through all this is now the Regional Director for their company. He covers Oregon, Washington and Idaho.
 27th of Dec, 2008 by   Eleanor -1 Votes
I enrolled in AlphaEcological services about 2 years ago. I was satisfied with the duct cleaning and initial service, but I feel that the quarterly service is a potential scam. I keep getting collection notices for large amounts of money. I sometimes know when the people are here and they are here for about 15 minutes doing an exterior perimeter spray, for which I am billed $89.00. I have come to distrust everything that is a "club" or that is advertised on television! I doubt that midwinter insect treatments do very much. I will be cancelling my Alpha Ecological services after I pay some $300 for I don't know what services.
 27th of Jul, 2009 by   M2Y -1 Votes
I had been a long time customer of Alpha Ecological with quarterly service at $99/mo. I was outside working in the yard and found huge ant hills with eggs right along the edge of the house. And, the spiders coming into the house are terrible and increasing in numbers.

I called Alpha and they said that my service was only for Termites. I said that I should have been getting comprehensive service INCLUDING Termites, but not only Termites. She put me on hold and came back and said, yes, I had been getting comprehensive service. Odd... So I asked what was going on with the ants and spiders and she said that they did prevenative maintenance and couldn't help those items!!! What have I been paying them for each quarter?

She was very rude and I cancelled my service with them. I have Orkin coming out tomorrow and if they find anything, I'm going back to Alpha. I'm also going to file a complaint with Better Business.

This is terrible.
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   foxk204 +1 Votes
I'm guessing the people commenting above work for a rival pest control company - I've never had a problem with Alpha's service and they have an A+ rating with the BBB, which is very rare for a pest control company. Can't please everybody I guess. ...and that's my two cents.
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   tekkie 0 Votes
I agree. Alpha Ecological has exceedingly bad customer service. I just paid $589 for a five-year contract last July, and they won't let me take it to my new home. They also failed to send me a reminder card last spring, and by the time I remembered to call, the anniversary date of the contract had just passed, so I lost a whole year's worth of treatment. DON'T use Alpha Ecological. I never will again, either.
 16th of Aug, 2010 by   anonymous911 0 Votes
Alpha Ecological did a crawl space clean out to my house and sub'd it out to a local same-day labor group. The alpha manager left and had the same-day laborers do the work. When the work was completed the manager came back and explained the clean out had been finished. When my husband came home he checked out the work by looking inside the crawl space and NOTHING had been done. No new vapor barrier and no clean out was done. Still dead rats were under the house and nothing had changed. We called them on it and a few days later the work was *really* completed. Can you believe their nerves?! Will never do business with them again.
 22nd of May, 2011 by   nnb14 0 Votes
It all comes down to what type of ant is being treated. Different chemicals are used to treat different species of ants. Pest control techinitions need to know what kind of ant they are dealing with. Go to Senske.com and look for the branch closest to your area.
 22nd of May, 2011 by   nnb14 0 Votes
senske.com
 27th of May, 2011 by   Bugman2 0 Votes
Mr. nnb14 perhaps you should practice IPM and learn how to spell technicians
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   petlover100 0 Votes
After a bunch of research and calls to various pest control places I hired Alpha Ecological to help with a mouse problem. Their website goes on and on about how they are leaders in the pest control industry using safe, non-toxic, natural, organic products. I voiced my primary concern about the safety of my dogs as I have a puppy and also a very crafty dachshund that can get nearly anywhere she wants to go. The people on the phone and the technician who came to my house assured me that the product was not dangerous to dogs. The technician also showed me the bait stations he was going to place in the house and in the crawl space under the house that mice but not dogs could eat bait out of. Well after my dog dug a hole under the fence and entered the vent on the side of the house (that I was wrongly instructed to leave open so the mice could exit) my partner went under the house to make sure she didn't disturb the bait boxes. He found one cube of bait out in the open and no bait stations whatsoever. I looked up the chemical used in the bait - Difethialone and discovered it is an even more sophisticated anti-coagulant than Warfarin which can cause death in dogs if untreated. You can read about it at: http://www.vetstreamfelis.com/ACI/October/VMD2/dis02574.asp I rushed my dog to the vet who confirmed that the chemical is lethal to dogs. My dachshund threw up a ton of the bait when vomiting was induced. They gave her charcoal to avoid any remaining poison from being absorbed in the intestines and she had to take the antidote Vitamin K for the next 30 days. This cost about $300 and a lot of stress not to mention any long term effects it could have on her liver. I called Alpha the next day and to their credit they refunded my money and sent a tech out right away to remove the remaining bait. He confirmed that the bait had not been placed in the bait boxes as it should have been. In order to pay for the vet bills they wanted proof that my dog was affected by way of a coagulation test which would have required my dog to go untreated and be showing clinical signs of distress which takes anywhere from 3-12 days. I requested that my vet write them a letter that the treatment she administered was necessary to save the life of my dog and that a coagulation test was not a logical option. At this point they begrudgingly paid my vet bill while still insisting that my dog could have gotten the bait from a neighbors house (even though what she threw up looked just like what was found under the house and their tech confirmed that one of the two blocks they placed was gone) and they still maintained that their bait is safe. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy as they are a bunch of filthy liars who puts our pet's lives in danger with their misinformation. I find it interesting that they advise consumers on their website to investigate other companies that claim to have safe non-toxic products and say they are "not being as transparent with their customers as they should be". Well neither is Alpha Ecological apparently! Though it is BBB accredited there have been 39 complaints filed in the last three years and from what it looked like on the chart, there is only one other pest control company with that many complaints. Please beware!
 28th of Aug, 2011 by   sorry no name 0 Votes
I would completely agree. I own a pest control company & I am very ashamed for the way they do business & lie to there customers it makes the whole profession look bad.
 18th of Sep, 2011 by   ladybugkiller -1 Votes
WHY were they using rat poison around your dogs in the first place?? There are other ways of getting rid of mice that don't require poisoning. Trapping is the first solution that comes to my mind. Best wishes, and sorry to hear about your sick dog.
 16th of Aug, 2012 by   Justin DeBoer 0 Votes
I called Alpha Ecological to treat the eaves for spiders and inspect the crawl space. The tech said that there was 'termite activity in the crawl space. Quoted $1, 000.00 for containment.' He claimed he had a picture of the termites in our foundation but had trouble finding it on his camera. Later my wife suggested he probably got it off the internet.

The eve application was totally ineffective. When I called to complain I was told I should broom the webs down myself. I said, 'I thought that was why I hired you guys'.

I called another company to spray the eves and inspect the crawl space. They found no termite activity in the crawl space!! If I was gullible and trusting of these 'experts', I'd still be dissatisfied and out another $1, 000. Stay away from these scam artists!

Nation's Trendiest Hotels, And 5 Ways to Stay for Less