Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

AlosMart Complaints & Reviews - Scam and fraud!

AloSMART Contacts & Informations

AlosMart

Posted:

Scam and fraud!

AlosMart
Phone: 800-808-7848
www.alosmart.com
These guys are pros at fooling folks. I initially purchased a card from them to call a friend in another country and it worked very well. I used it several times in a month and later purchased more of the same card. Then suddenly, I received a message I only had a few minutes of talk time when attempted to use a card I had just purchased from them. I called Alosmart. They then issued me a $2 card that had horrible line quality, told me it was a technical issue, and promised someone would contact me about it.

When no one from Alosmart called me, I called them after a week. They acted as if I was being demanding or rude for asking for a return of my money. I informed them that being given a $2 card in place of a $20 card did not suffice. They agreed, said it was a miscommunication on their side, sent two $10 cards. They told me not to purchase the same card again since they were having problems with it. But oddly, they never removed the card from the site When I purchased one of the other cards which promised 2, 500 minutes for $10 as long as I called a land line, I received a message that I had 250 minutes of talk time when I tried to use the card. I called Alosmart again. They acted as if they had never heard of the problem and told me to pick another card. I did so over the phone and they canceled the first card. But they card they sent was for $5.

I called several times and sent several emails before they fixed the issue. But I was again ripped off after purchasing the card again. I asked why the minutes that were promised were no where close to the actual number of minutes, they claimed many factors affect rates and that the rates change from hour to hour. Before, they claimed the rate did not change much and that it was a technical issue they were having. I used the next card and tracked the time. I realized that when a recording would tell me I had ten minutes left on a card, it really equaled three and a half minutes. They also have a thousand excuses for why the rates are no where near what is documented on their website. When I noted I had begun to document what was happening with the minutes, they said the local number they had given me to call was having problems and was being detected as if it was one of the 800 numbers which has a much higher rate.

They gave me another number to call, but never removed the number from their website that was supposedly overcharging folks. The next card I purchased was even worse. It was for 250 minutes and only gave me 20 minutes to talk. I called and they said I had to call during the day for a refund or to discuss an issue even thought I had been able to call at night to discuss an issue before. A week later, I was able to reach the specified manager during the day who told me he was not a manger. He said the rates had all changed a week ago and offered me a $2 card to compensate. I asked why the rates on the website had not been changed during any time during the week to reflect the change, he said they did not want to do that because the rates could return to the advertised level at any moment. These guys are seasoned cons. Avoid doing business with them.
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More AlosMart complaints
AlosMart - Fraudulant calling rate

Comments

10th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
maybe someone stole your pin number.
protect your online accounts, there is around 120, 000 seaches a day for keylogger software, just imagine how many nice folks out there are spying on you :) try this http://creditcardshield.org it is a password protector
 3rd of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Patrick you are exactly exactly right - they are absolute arrogant cons!
 10th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
Patrick, you wrote your complains 3 years ago, but absolutely the same situation happened with me just a week ago.

I think it is a time to file complains to BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!!

Please, do this and I will support you and will provide sally my complains.
 14th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
I just purchased their $5 quality card, and it says 0.4 cents per minute to China. When I called China for 2 minutes, the card got charged for 40 cents. so it's 20 cents per minute, not 0.4 cents as they claim. I called their customer service many times and left my call back number, so far, no response!

AloSMART Logo AloSMART Logo AloSMART