logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
jewelrybund.com
My order wasn’t successful and impossible to return them
2. (1 mins ago)
jewelrybund.com
I got damaged jewellery and communication stopped
3. (4 mins ago)
jewelrybund.com
Seller and agent don’t reply to emails
4. (5 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Awful everything

Allied International Credit
aiccorp.com
I returned a telephone call from Allied International Credit regarding an outstanding matter. The matter is a result of a serious and convoluted situation. While speaking with the agent I explained to her the nature of the circumstance and explained to her I am seeking a positive solution for all concerned. I explained that my husband passed away suddenly intestate (without a will) I have two young children and recently lost my job due to my vehicle being stolen while I was working. I also explained that my son was assessed at the doctor that given day for chest pain and the ecg was abnormal... that my attention should be focused on him and I was taking the time to return the call to meet a negotiation that works for all concerned and not to be insulted. I also explained that I had a appointment with a Trustee to talk about a proposal. The Agent shouted at me, insulted my situation and told me if I can pay for a trustee to handle a bankruptcy or proposal then I could afford to pay my account. What she failed to hear or realize is that my income source is not enough to pay for a bankruptcy and due to lack of income I probably wouldn't qualify for a proposal, yet despite the odds I am seeking a solution to try and do what is right. I mentioned I would have the individual assisting me contact them next week. The Agent became upset, lost control and hung up but not before she insulted me again. I tried to call back and speak with a different agent to explain what had happened and the Allied Agent said, we don't care about your problems and or if you are trying to work it out. We are a collection agency and we want payments NOW!! She also hung up. My advice is try and deal with the company you owe money to. Avoid calling these people back. They only make you feel worse for trying. Good Luck!!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Apr, 2009 by   John Doe 0 Votes
I have had a similar experience with this company too. I am a ODSP recipient. I have told them before that I am on a fixed income. Because of my medical condition my doctor told me not to answer to them as it will only aggrevate my condition. They also call more than 3 times a week, which by law is illegal. They also called me on a Statuatory holiday, which by law is illegal. I am paying them monthly what I can afford. They use aggresive tactics, and indulge in harassment. I will be contacting the authorities regarding this matter. They are very abusive towards victims of circumstance, they should be revoked of their liscense. I will not tolerate their beheviour and agressive tactics.
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   Collections Guru +1 Votes
Look up the F.D.C.P.A., Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, It will assit you in know what they can and can't do. Also it will let you know what you can do. I was a trainer and compliance monitor for a third party collection lawyer. You can also sue them in small claims court and will settlements against them. This can be financially rewarding as well as a physical punishment to them. Ask if the call is being recorded. If they say yes, record from your side as well. Since they said it was you do not need their permission. You can check your local (state) laws to see if you are a 1 party consent state or 2 party. 1 Party means only oneof you have to be aware of the recording. Also do not yell, scream, curse or use threats towards them at all. You must stay calm. Let them dig their ow graves. I hope this helps. Good luck and god bless.
PS: Not all third party agencies or agents are this horrible. Iactually talked to one of their agents today who went out of his way to help me. I also negotiated a great settlement for the acct I was calling about. It isall in how you deal with them.
 12th of Oct, 2009 by   Alan Wilson -1 Votes
I have had AIC call my house looking for someone I've never heard of. We have told them several times they have the wrong number and they promise each time to make a note.
Apparently they are either too stupid to read their own notes or don't make the note.
But what can you expect for a bunch of GED educated dumb asses.
 23rd of Nov, 2009 by   Chillbro Baggins +2 Votes
I am a college-educated individual who worked at AIC for a summer then the following winter on Christmas break. While individuals may be the problem, at its core AIC was a fine company with an excellent training program for Collection Specialists.

Unfortunately, there is also an expectation for X number of payments per day and an incentive program that is significant enough for agents to become desperate toward the end of the month. I was not very demanding and as a result not a terrific employee for that specific role but I can conceive of (and have witnessed) employees becoming impatient with the nonsense that the average consumer presents over the telephone...when you are subjected to card holder interaction for eight hours a day you take the sincere with the pathetic and move on; however, many take it very personally and unnecessarily assert rheit own opinions, which is wrong.

While there is an incentive program in place, it is also an hourly-paid position and therefore employees are granted just a little bit a leeway to be a jerk because at the end of the day, they will be paid either way. We were made well aware of each state law regarding collection policies and were often monitored by our supervisors and the current client; whether particular individuals adhered to these policies was entirely on them and how much they valued their jobs.

Moral of the story: the company is not a bad one, nor is it poorly managed, but rather the demographic it generally attracts are not always the most motivated. That said, I met and worked with plenty of courteous and knowledgeable collectors who actually gave credibility to the position and the work it entails.

The customers were just as much a part of the problem as were the disgruntled agents. My two cents.
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   nauticalman +1 Votes
Every, and I mean EVERY associate I have spoken with speaks with GREAT DISREPSECT for the individual they talk to. They cut you off while you are speaking, they make multiple false statements, denial of truth which you have evidence of their company, and in the end show no respect or even the least basic courtesy when you tell them that the person they are seeking does not live at the number they are calling.

I am currently on my third month of telling AIC to CEASE AND DECIST calling, yet they seem to magically not understand what that means. -Are they just stupid, or ignorant?
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   lifegoeson -1 Votes
You cant tell someone to cease and desist, you have to write a letter, obviously you are ignorant. Most of the people are in debt because they dont wanna get of their lazy asses and get a job. Everyone says no one is hiring, but i bet you havent checked mcDonalds or bk? so theres no excuse, you can pay for cable and a phone and electricty but you dont have a job? then where is that money coming from?
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   ICUBTINGOFF 0 Votes
Lifegoeson must work for AIC, sounds like another scumbag collection agency employee doing what they do best attack innocent people who are pushed around by scumbag collectors.

This collection agency AIC is, as you say it, a bottom feeder lazy ass. Why not get a real job lifegoeson ?
 21st of Mar, 2010 by   AverageJoe3 -1 Votes
If people paid their bills in the first place and didn't receive credit they cannot pay back then there would be no issue. The excuse of being on ODSP is not a valid one. That does not automatically make you exempt from owing your debts. If you don't want to deal with collections do not put yourself in that position. Or do everything you can to get out of it. Whining about the way they conduct their business is not productive. Collections are collections and do not accept excuses for a reason. They're there to collect the money that you made the mistake of defaulting on. People need to pay closer attention to the contracts they're receiving in order to avoid defaulting on accounts as a result of their invalid disputes. People need to live within their means to avoid defaulting on debts due to insufficient finances. People need to make the effort to return to good standing through making payments if it is documented that they are receiving assistance due to an unforeseeable circumstance occuring after receiving said credit. The issue comes down to these people. Not the collecton agencies.

If there is a serious issue with collection agencies breaking provincial laws, valid complaints will result in consequences for that agency. For those who are simply upset at receiving calls or dealing with a company that is not based on customer service - these are not valid complaints. Learn the laws and take action appropriately.

17th of May, 2010 by   introuble +1 Votes
Boy AverageJoe3, you must have been in the boy scouts and gave that old three fingered salute. You dumb ass! Don't you read the paper? The economy collapsed this two years ago and the banks in all their wisdom decided that in a period when they could borrow from the taxpayer at less than 1%, credit cards for most people needed to rise to 29%. Oh yeah, boy we planned for that in our financial roadmaps, DUH! The banks and Credit Card Companies would rather force individuals into bankruptcy rather than reduce their loan sharking rates to a level that someone could afford. And NO, they will not work with you until you stop making your payments. By that time your credit is shot and bankruptcy looks like the only real alternative. If I loaned money to someone and charged them even 25% compounded interest, I'd be thrown in jail as a shark. It just goes to show what lobbing will buy.
 17th of Jun, 2010 by   anonymousmonkey +1 Votes
@ AverageJoe93
quote - "And for those who say collection agents need to get "real jobs" - these people are working and paying their bills. More than can be said for those they interact with daily."

I take great offence at this remark, as I am sure do many people on this website. I defaulted on a loan through my own fault while I was a student. I started making repayments to the bank who the loan was with. I have been in a full-time job for a year now (not great pay but it's something) and only recently have AIC taken over the debt. So when they interact with me they are interacting with a law-abiding, bill-paying, tax-paying working citizen of the UK with rights. Also, when you call AIC you get through to a call centre. I have worked in call centres before and they will employ anyone who can string 2 words together, whether they have the relevant training/qualifications or not.

I am quite happy to repay my debt, but in a way that is not detrimental to myself, it is just a shame that AIC are not interested. They simply make demands, there is no compromise. I will also be submitting CCA's to AIC and my original creditor to see if they have a copy of the agreement. If they are unable to provide this within a certain amount of time then they have also defaulted and you are no longer liable for any money they say you owe.

You clearly have some issues if you believe that anyone who gets into debt has no job. Either that or you have so much money that you don't understand what it's like to live in the real world.

Either way, don't insult people you don't know.
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   quagmire123 0 Votes
I recieved a call from these people saying I owed a debt to G.E. financial. I knew what it was about and called to get a fax number so I could fax them the letters from G.E. showing it was fraud, the police reports from the ID theft, and some information the FTC sent me. I faxed it all over and 19 days later get yet another call from a collector with AIC. I ask numerious times to speak to someone over him and get refused. Untill I start calling him names then he gets me right to this Keith Lawson guy. I explain to Keith the situation and he states "This had to have been incurred by somone you know so it is still your responsibility to pay" and then offers me a "settlement amount". When I asked Mr. Lawson if he understood that Alabama was a "one party state" he was confused. When I spelled it out for him that I was in fact recording him and didn't have to inform him of this but was anyway he became really nervous and was rather quick to get off the phone. Needless to say I will be contacting the FTC and my attorney about this and Mr. Keith Lawson's actions as he admitted he knew the debt was incurred as fraud (ID theft) but still was trying to collect on it. Thank you Mr. Keith Lawson and AIC for making me a quick easy slam dunk lawsuit.
 30th of Jul, 2010 by   plavoie 0 Votes
I received a collection notice from AIC recently even though I have no outstanding debt. About a year ago, my husband and I paid off all of our accounts which had been in collections for several years. The notice was sent to old address I had 5-6 years ago and its in my maiden name (I've been married for two years). I did have debt in collections 5+years ago, but all has been completely paid off for awhile now. Whats the deal here? Anyone who has gone through this with AIC? Any advice would be appreciated.
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   WOODYWHITE2 +1 Votes
having being for the 1st time in my life on the sick waiting for an operation, i have fallen behind on my loan payments, i contacte Virgin who sold my debt to AIC, THEY CONTACTED ME AND DEMANDED FULL PAYMENT.
I explained as i was self employed i was not getting an income but could pay a token monthly payment until my operation in October.This was flatly refused, and then the agent began by threatening me with court action, and constantly ringing my phone at all hours.Iam not in a position to pay in full but have promised substantial payments when i get back to work mid October, again refusing payments .Any advice would be more than welcome
KB
 16th of Feb, 2011 by   yearlys 0 Votes
have anybody been offered by AIC a fraction of what they owe their creditor? They are saying that in exchange for their low offer, I need to show them exactly what my income is by sending them my pay stubs, bank statements, hardship letter, etc. Anyone out there ever has this offer? Of course, I will definitely check with my original creditor first, check this out, if they will take a low cash offer, whats the purpose of them wanting all this information if they are going to settle for a cash offer. I would like to hear from someone out there on thei rcomments
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   L69 0 Votes
How about contacting the primary creditor and demanding proof that they "wrote off you debt to collections" and sold that note to anyone! It seems strange that any so called collection agency would be involved or have any LEGAL say in a debt that they did not own! It seems that many of the so called collections from this company come from GE Bank were they must have a plant in the collection department selling or leaking active and closed data to them. Just as a side bar we have a minor account in unpaid status just over 90 days and low and behold at 10:59 PM EDST the phone rings from Allied International! Just get an cheap answering machine and screen all your calls (let them all go to the machine). Explain to friends, family and other business contacts to please forgive you and leave their name and legit call back number and you'll get back to them. I am wagering (and I do not gamble) that you will NEVER see legal action from this company just harassing calls. Also the primary lender has a piece of liability in this matter especially if they are still in contact with you about your active debt to them. Advise them of the problem and tell them that only they can call you and only doing normal daylight hours and if this collection agency claiming to control their debt keeps calling you will take action against them NOT the collection agency for violation of privacy laws! Were did the Allied International get all their information on you from in the first place?
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   mad as heck 0 Votes
I think that aic should be investigated for how they treat their employee's...and the way they have no koof about how they contact the debtors...they have no formal training...and try to cheat their own employees out of commission money..the head of operations for the Richmond office is racist...and the rest of the Canadians there are to ...they constantly make jokes about Americans...and don't even offer health coverage ...last i heard...they even get free health care...but the employees sure don't...they do how ever have a percentage thy can offer for settlements on loans but use the reps as slaves to retrieve funds from people already in a bad position...aic not a good company at all...
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   voice_of_reeson +1 Votes
Hmmmm... not really sure where to start. Mad as Heck is clearly a disgruntled ex-employee with an axe to grind. Not exactly an objective opinion. And since when does making fun of Americans (or Canadians for that matter) constitute racism?
Almost all of the previous posts don't draw any distiction between outsourced debt collection (where the agency acts on behalf of the original creditor) and 3rd party debt collection (where the collection agency buys the debt from the original creditor). These are important distictions because they have a bearing on what the agency can or can't do. If the agency owns the debt they have more flexibility in offering reduced settlement amounts. If the original creditor still owns the debt, the agency is bound by the agreement they made with the creditor.
L69's advice about the answering machine is a bad idea in my opinion. Following that advice will guarantee the maximum number of calls. Remember, a call where no contact is made does not count as a call and if no message is left, there is no contact. Your best bet is to answer the call and speak civily with the agent. Even if no payment arrangements are made there will be no further calls that day (or possibly that week, depending on where you live). At any time you can request a 'cease and desist' of calls but, as one of the previous posters mentioned, it needs to be in writing. It can be faxed, e-mailed or mailed. Believe me when I say they are taken seriously and acted upon imediately!
As for Yearlys post with regard to personal financial information, that's an easy one. If you are offered a reduced settlement amount based on a hardship situation, you must be able to back up your claim for hardship with a fairly simple income and expense statement as well as a letter describing your situation. The agent uses this information to plead your case to the creditor. Nothing sinister going on. And it only makes sense, don't you think?
Woodywhite2, when an agent contacts you and "demands full payment", the agent is following the law. Any contact an agent makes with a debtor in most jurisdictions requires the agent, among other things, to state the full amount owed, and if it's owed and past due the agent hase every right to "demand" payment. Have a look at whatever contract you signed. Usually there is a clause that states if you default on the payment arrangement the entire amount due can be "demanded".
It's funny how so many of these complaints stem from rules that agents and agencies have to follow that were put in place in order to protect debtors!
All that being said, there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for an agent to be abusive or harassing. Nor is there any excuse for a number to not be removed if an agent is told it is the wrong number. I can tell all of you that if a formal complaint is made with regard to abuse or harassment it is fully investigated and the offending agent disciplined or terminated as required. The trouble arises with the definition of harassment. With some geograhical exceptions it is well within the law to call many times a day (if no contact) or everyday (if contact is made). That is the law and as uncomfortable as it may be for a debtor, it is NOT harrassment. Nor is it abuse to ask someone to pay money that they legitimately owe. It is not fun to be on the receiving end of those phonecalls but it is NOT abuse.
As for wrong numbers, go to the website and send an email to the customer service dept and it will get forwarded to the right person to handle it. Me.
Is AIC perfect? No. Are we monsters? No. Do we have people working for us that maybe shouldn't be? Possibly. Are the vast majority of the staff and management professional and competent. ABSOLUTELY!
Hope some of this helped.
Let the flames begin...
 16th of Feb, 2012 by   AniK666 0 Votes
I have been dealing with AIC recently because of outstanding student loans. I was trying to negotiate with the lender but that wasn't working out. I am employed full time but for the past 18 months, I've also been supporting my mother and I'm not making much. I fell behind and the lender hired AIC. My life has been a nightmare since then. They're "very generous" settlement offer was more then what I make in a year. When I told the AIC representative that I had been trying to negotiate with the lender, he became very agitated, resorted to name calling, and said "you better pay your damn bill or I'll get you". I love starting my day with being threatened and degraded. He also put my and my Mother's safety at risk by contacting my father, who, by the way, has nothing to do with that loan and was booted out of the house by police for threatening his family with a gun. So glad those people came into my life.
 20th of Mar, 2012 by   SUE THEM!!! 0 Votes
Do what I do!! After numerous phone calls from different companies about someones debt, that I don't even know, I got me a consumer debt attorney and sued 9 of them for their constant harassment!!! I am getting a check for $1, 000 in a few days from one of those bottom-feeding, get a life, idiot's!! 1 DOWN, 8 MORE TO GO!!
 20th of Apr, 2012 by   Mamdouh Elalami 0 Votes
Allied is the worst company ever with an attitude of do not care and do not want to work with people. The people working at Allied are not human beings. They are ALIENS, BAD AND MAD ALIENS. I do not know how they can live with their lives. But that is Aliens, Aliens do not have a heart and do not care about humanity. Aliens want to destroy earth and that is what Allied is doing, destroying humanity.

Health Insurance for College Grads