Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Alliance Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews - Problem was not solved and Alliance failed to provide quality service

Alliance Home Warranty Contacts & Informations

Alliance Home Warranty

Posted:

Problem was not solved and Alliance failed to provide quality service

I contacted Alliance Home Warranty on Tuesday, June 27 to arrange for service of a stovetop that was not working properly. A repair person contacted me and arrived the following morning. He came in and asked if I had been told that they (his company?) didn't usually work on stovetops but he proceeded to check my stove's burners. I explained that the burners sometime ignited and often did not. After a two-minute look at the situation (much in the cursory way that an inexperience person would examine it) he concluded that we needed to replace the knobs. He said that he would see if it was covered under my home warranty and call me back (which he never did). I researched and found that knobs were not covered so I ordered them from an appliance supply store. Meanwhile, I called the manufacturer and explained the situation. I was told that it did not seem to be an issue with the knobs. The Alliance repair person hadn't investigated beyond the knobs and really had no way of knowing if in fact that was the problem. I called the repair company to see if the representative could come back to check something else and was told that they would check into it and call back. I never heard from them even after calling twice.

I called Alliance and was told that they couldn't do anything until I received the knobs. I explained that I am selling the house and needed to address this within the next week. The claims rep kept repeating that they would be glad to send someone out later (after my departure) and did not listen or offer any other possible options to resolve the issue.

This whole situation could have been avoided if Alliance sent out more experience and thorough repair people. The impression is that Alliance finds the lowest bidder regardless of the lack of experience, knowledge, and negative approach to customer service. Perhaps this is reflective of Alliance's approach to customer service. I will never use this service again.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Contact Us