logo

Barcalounger Corporation
Poor business practices!
3. (5 mins ago)
savefromcancer.org
Fraudulent charges and no idea how to stop them
4. (11 mins ago)
savefromcancer.org
Seller ignores customers and doesn’t deliver orders
5. (13 mins ago)
Web.com
Impossible to cancel account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Allen School Online, Phoenix, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - DO NOT WORK AT ALLEN SCHOOL ONLINE

Allen School Online Contacts & Informations

Posted:    ALLEN SCHOOL IS A SCAM

DO NOT WORK AT ALLEN SCHOOL ONLINE

15650 North Black Canyon Highway, PhxAZ85053
Phoenix, Arizona
Phone: (888) 889-9387
allenschool.edu
DO NOT WORK AT ALLEN SCHOOL IF YOU HAVE A SOUL!!! ALLEN SCHOOL ONLINE IS A SCAM!!! First of all, this company has no idea what it is doing as far as recruiting in the online education community. Their Dir of Admission, Mike Perez, is some little wanna-be Director that thinks his way is the only way and no one can tell him otherwise. THey sell you coming in that they are a caring family-oriented school. The reality is they are a boiler room...a CHOP SHOP and coulldn't care less about staff development or adapting real online admissions philosophies.

Allen School has the potential for true market greatness. The problem is Mike Perez and their way of recruiting students. They have a $100 admissions fee that they do not work around. Now, this may work in New York City where their two campuses are based...but I challenge you to find people that can just come up with $100 in Arkansas, Kentucky or anywhere else that has been hit by this economy worse than NYC and $100 means a hell of a lot more to that person.

Here is the issue: Mike Perez will actually tell you to ask the person to borrow the money from anyone they know, ask their church and even suggest pawning items OR DONATING BLOOD/PLASMA!!! Can you believe that???? It is one of the most unethical things I've ever heard of!

Mike fired three Directors he brought on because he is too insecure and impatient to allow development. He fires anyone that isn't producing his expected numbers within about 6 weeks. He has no formal training in place (manuals, legal, HR, training room w/PC's, etc.) and is a total jackass during training. He makes jokes and acts totally effeminate when you are trying to learn how to do your job there!

They only care about ONE THING: $100 from the applicant. Rather than raise the cost of tuition and WAIVE the fee, they demand that $100 by any means possible and shoot down the hopes of the candidate to achieve their dreams of being in medical billing and assassinate the productivity of their admissions team.

Mr. Teich: FIRE MIKE PEREZ! Carol HATES him! His staff thinks he's a JOKE! He cannot kee any quality reps on staff because he is a Napoleonic power-tripper and has NO IDEA WHAT HE IS DOING! The script is not working! The fee MUST GO! Get a clue! Your Phoenix online sales/admissions office has failed for over two years! Stop playing favorites with your leads and giving everything good to Jaime Barker! Spread the wealth! Stop firing everyone after their fourth week! Get a real trainer! Get an HR presence in your Phoenix offices! Aain, FIRE MIKE PEREZ!

See if Allen School will work with you on the fee if you want to go to their school. See if you don' get the exact same treatment...micromanaged every day with USELESS MEETINGS and reports. See if their ridiculous system of using Gmail and Diamond D CRM doesn't make you wish you'd never heard of them.

I hope they get their act together because their roduct is great but until they change their leadership (MIKE PEREZ) and infrastructure (favoritism, lack of HR, lack of training, quality aplications/CRM/OUTLOOK, app fee) they will just continue to struggle and waste millions on leads that will never convert and staff that continues to go throuh a revolving door.

You are a douche, Mike. You are running that business into the ground.

Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Allen School Online complaints
Allen School Online - Employee mistreatment

Comments

12th of Feb, 2010 by   ASO Rocks 0 Votes
This person was obviously terminated and is attempting to get revenge on Mike. You can tell that he/she is completely unprofessional and immature by the language that he uses in his post ("douche"). I would bet that had to do with his/her firing. The Allen School has been in business since 1961- far longer than University of Phoenix and many other online schools. The school is nationally accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (www.council.org). The school truly cares about it's students and staff. I have worked for the Allen School for 6 years and it is a pleasure to do so. Mike is also one of the nicest and funniest people that I have ever met and everyone within the organization loves him!
 19th of May, 2010 by   gabbywells -1 Votes
I may not have worked with Mike, but I am a student at Allen School Online. I have spoken to Mike and I got to say. This person obviously was fired maybe for the unprofessional attitude. I understand not agreeing with the $100 dollar admission fee. I paid it; it was difficult but it really does make you think how am I going to accomplish my dreams if I can't borrow a small amount like $100. It was well worth it. I am now graduating from a great school and this is the only complaint I have ever read about the school. It is not a scam, I have worked very hard over the last nine months and it was by far a better education than I was getting from AIU. If you want a quality education, one that is tough and challenging in the billing and coding field not just a general education with a little billing and coding thrown in, this is the school. We used to have nursing schools with this quality of education until community colleges and universities did away with the three year diploma programs. This is that kind of school. It is so easy to spout horrible things on the internet and not put your name. I find this cowardly.
 24th of May, 2010 by   Bemused One 0 Votes
Allen School has issues. It violates federal income tax laws by paying many of its employees as "independent contractors" when they are not independent in any way. They are employees, but the company dodges its legal obligations. This may come back to bite them.
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   Realist777 +1 Votes
The Allen School Online lacks professionalism in general. I would not put it's issues all on Mike Perez as they have removed him from the Online campus. I worked for them for 6 months recently and was blown away by the amount of turnover with their employees. In one month they fired 6 employees because they were not enrolling enough students and overcoming the registration fee which is in violation of title four funding. Bottom line, they are a FOR PROFIT institution and the PROFITS come before employees and students. As for the program they offer, I believe it is a quality program, but overpriced in tuition. They claim to be members of AHIMA and in fact, they have no affiliation or membership. Students will pay a high price to sit for certification because the Allen School is not recognized by any of the orgranizations the administer the national certification exams.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   on Point 0 Votes
The Allen School is about making money not educating. I graduated from the Allen School three years ago and I still can't find a Job! I remembered if students were late with their weekly payments they would be sent home and couldn't attend until they have the money. They encourage students to take out loans and help with job placement isn't guaranteed. When I graduated from the program, I received a packet with a list of job agencies and that was the help I received in finding a job. I faxed my resumes and applied to medical offices andd hospitals. It has been 3yrs since I grraduated and I still haven't found a job in the medical field. I also have a $7, 000 loan to pay back. The employee should be angry because this school is a scam and they hound people for money. This school needs to be investigated and shut down because it doesn't help people gain a career it put's them in debt.
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   llmax1952 0 Votes
I have recently applied to Allen School .They do tend to rush you through the admission process and call several times a day .I was assuming(iknow ass out of u and me)that this was in my best interest, but what all of you seem to be saying is that it's not a good school, that is not accredited by or affilaited with ahima, I would like to hear your thoughts and comments before beginning this program
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   pamela wayne -1 Votes
I am starting at the Allen online school on April 11 can't wait i am so excited it is only for some people not all you really need too put 100% into something and don't listen to rumors i truly think that this is a great school and had no problems talking to any one i also want too add if they call you A lot then it is because they care
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   mjaw -1 Votes
In response to 11max1952. First let me just say that, if you have not found a job in three years then you should probably log out of career.com, and hit the streets! Second, stop turning in resumes and get in someones face! I have worked for three of the worlds highest rated companies, and made management within six months of each. You my friend don't WANT a job, or you would have one! Three years? Come on man! A certificate does NOT get you a job - YOU get you a job. I owned a Real Estate office for eight years, and I can tell you without conviction. If I didn't like someone, they weren't getting a job with my company, I don't care if they had the entire alphabet of acronyms behind their name. You are not giving anyone a Reason to want to hire you, or you haven't been looking. Your case reminds me of the man who needed a job to feed his family, got on his knees and prayed for one, then sat on the couch waiting for GOD to send him one. Stop blaming a school that provided you the skills to do the job, and get out and find one!!!
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   mjaw -1 Votes
Sorry 11max1952. I was responding to "on point" and still "unemployed". This person needs to attend a school for motivation, and passion. I have never gotten a job by submitting an app, or a resume. I find out first who the "Go to" people are. I find a way to approach them. I even followed one into a restaurant once. Ended up buying his dinner, but getting the job! Too many people think that a school owes you a job after providing you the skills to do the job. I gave my kids the skills to make it in the real world. They - had to go out and - make it! And BTW on point. Stop answering questions in the interview, and start asking them. I want to know more about who I will be working for too. Don't be shy. Find out what their "Hot Button" is, then conform to it. I landed a high level job once because, I found out the "Go To" guy was military. I had three military members in my family, shook his hand, before he knew I was looking for work, and thanked him for his service. He liked me. He hired me. He had a stack of apps from people much more qualied than I. Don't sell your certificate, all the applicants have one, probably with more acronyms than yours. Sell yourself. If they don't like you - you're not going anywhere. Stop whining, and start selling!
 25th of Sep, 2011 by   clovesu21 0 Votes
the allen school has some rude counselors there.. the one in brooklyn ny.. carlos.. that is his name. he disrespect me and my mom.. i WILL NOT APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM BECAUSE HE WAS AN ASS.. I WAS HABING PROBLEMS COMING UP WITH THE MONEY BUT I TOLD HIM I WILL COME BACK WITH IT ON MONDAY CUZ I ONLY HAD HALF.. THAT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH HE WANTED TO COME THE NEXT DAY WHICH WAS AN SATURDAY BUT I WASNT ABLE TO COME BECAUSE MY SON WAS SICK SO WHEN HE CALL MY MOM TALK TO HIM CUZ I WAS AT THE DR WITH MY SON .. HE THEN STARTED TALKING SHIT ABT ME AND MY MOM PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE SO BEING THAT HE DID THAT I WILL FIND AN OTHER SCHOOL.. f*** THE ALLEN SCHOOL
 7th of Mar, 2012 by   allenisadisaster 0 Votes
I know this thread was posted a while ago, but the allen school online does not work with you. I completed the courses and received a 3.8 GPA and they are holding my certification due to an additional financial aid paper that should have been completed at the beginning of the year with the other papers. They quoted me an amount, said my pell grant would cover a certain amount and now are claiming they did not quote any amount. The financial aid dept and some of the teachers as well are not professional. I am very unhappy with this school and advise you to be careful when taking courses from this institution. The medical billing and coding was just accepted 3 years ago and is not well recognized. You cannot even get a discount on the exams from ahima or aapc since this school isn't recognized.
 4th of Aug, 2012 by   Xoxo_lv 0 Votes
Do the Allen school help you get a job after graduating the program
 9th of Aug, 2013 by   chelseyv 0 Votes
I just applied at Allen school yesterday they called me several times and rushed me to get signed up telling me its a harder school to get in. Now I'm starting to read all these bad reviews and I'm supposed to go through FASFA with them today. What should I do if I changed my mind on this school and don't want to go anymore? Am I able to tell them over changed my mind? After already paying 25$ just to get signed up.
 8th of May, 2014 by   IchBins 0 Votes
I attended the Allen School and graduated in 2010. I still have not been able to find a job! The Allen school has not helped me in anyway to find employment either. As soon as I graduated, I didnt exist anymore.

My final exam grade for Medical billing/coding was 100, but when I went back over my test to check the answers, I saw that I had gotten 5 questions wrong. So how does this make 100 correct on a final exam????

This school is a SCAM, please DONT waste your money going here. I still have student loans Im trying to pay off.
No one at the school will email or call me when I ask for help finding employment.
 8th of May, 2014 by   IchBins 0 Votes
Everyone here who is asking the question, should I attend the Allen School?

Please DO NOT waste any time or money on this school! You will regret it!

Legal Strategies How to Deal with Collections