Just today I saw hundreds of these littering our streets and sidewalks, as I was out on a short walk. In many places, newly delivered ad circulars are starting to pile up on top of old ad circulars, and this litter in our neighborhood is getting worse.
While individuals can call AJC Reach to opt-out of the driveway drops, that doesn't solve the broader problem that these advertising circulars are littering our neighborhoods, including our neighborhood in Virginia Highland.
Despite the efforts of many people to resolve the problem privately and amicably, the problem remains unresolved.
Thus, it appears necessary to further organize our neighborhoods, and to take the next steps of applying economic and public pressure on AJC to stop littering our neighborhoods.
So at the same time that some of our friends in the community are checking into the possibility for citing the AJC for appearing to be in violation of city codes; and other friends in the community are working with our elected officials to attempt resolve the problem by that means; here are additional resources intended to a) organize the community and b) encourage the AJC to make changes to its distribution method for AJC Reach advertising circular:
1. There is a an excellent facebook fan page that is a hub for discussion at:
AJC Reach: Stop Littering Our Neighborhoods!
2. Supplementing the facebook fan page, is an informational/cause website that has the same desired outcome (getting AJC Reach to stop littering our neighborhoods):
This website is intended to work side-by-side the excellent facebook group, it will be highly indexed by Google, and can be helpful for those of us not on facebook. There are links to the facebook group and this Yahoo group, to make it easy to navigate back and forth.
How You Can Help:
If you're sick and tired of AJC Reach littering our neighborhood, here's what YOU can do to help accomplish the result of stopping driveway drops of AJC Reach:
1. To stop AJC Reach delivery to your home: Call AJC Reach customer service: 404-526-9473
2. Boycott AJC Reach advertisers: If you're so inclined, boycott AJC Reach advertisers until AJC Reach stops littering our neighborhoods.
3. Join the Facebook group: AJC Reach: Stop Littering Our Neighborhoods!
4. Follow us on Twitter: @StopAJCReach
5. Spread the word: tell your neighbors and Atlanta friends about StopAJCReach.org ; ask them to join the Facebook group at AJC Reach: Stop Littering Our Neighborhoods! ; and ask them to follow us on Twitter at @StopAJCReach
6. Upload your photos: See copies of AJC Reach littering your neighborhood? Use your camera phone or digital camera to take a photo of each ad circular you see, and upload your photos to the photo gallery.
Please help spread the word by sharing these resources with your neighbors and together we can get AJC Reach to stop littering of our neighborhoods.