logo

Mike
Scam -Beware of Ms Jane from HK HUIAO TRADING CO., LIMITED
2. (1 hr 13 mins ago)
Tata Motors
Poor service and arrogant staff
3. (1 hr 34 mins ago)
Bad service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Airtel Call Home Complaints & Reviews - AirtelCallhome is NOT working - waste of money!

Airtel Contacts & Informations

Airtel Call Home

Posted:    Kallol Sengupta

AirtelCallhome is NOT working - waste of money!

I have purchased AirtelCallHome for $10. After lot of effort, I have registered myself. After that I got a confirmation of Registration.Since then I am trying to call my India Phone number. It is NOT at all working. I tried to call their Customer Service Center (1-877-247-5150 ). I couldn't talk to them. It is a total waste of money. It is NOT working. I want my refund now. Consumers beware. Don't buy this product. It is a total waste of money. Airtel has started this business without proper infrastructure. Their website is pathetic. I am trying for the last one hour to update my Phone number. Every time it is giving error.

Kallol Sengupta
Cincinnati, USA
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Dec, 2006 by   Vinai Singh 0 Votes
I agree with Mr SenGupta. Completely pathetic service, can't register phone numbers. Customer no service is always busy. Don't buy this product.
 26th of Dec, 2006 by   a 0 Votes
Does this company provides any kind of phone service? I don't think so. I bought a card from them two weeks ago and almost every other day, I try to use the service or try to call their customer service, but no luck.
 26th of Dec, 2006 by   harpreet singh 0 Votes
I bought $200.00 calling plan from airtel from which I could not make a single call, and at another instance they charged me another $200.00 from transaction which they showed me as unsuccessful.
My total loss is$200.00 to a company we trusted the most for it's services backhome.
Please tell me the ways to recover my hardearned money from these scam masters theives.
 28th of Dec, 2006 by   Anil Kumar 0 Votes
I don't agree as expressed by other author regarding airtelcallhome service. I am having this service for last 15 days but i never encountered the problem. As promised they also doubled the talk time on signup. call quality is also crystal clear. Thanks airtell for bringing competition in india call. all major player in India call reduced the rate to less than 8 cents.

Thanks again.
 28th of Dec, 2006 by   RAVI P 0 Votes
Please be proactive ...after all its our hard earned money and we are the consumers.....start below..most of the details are available on the AIRTELCALLHOME website..

Thank you for recent correspondence. The Federal Trade Commission acts in the public interest to stop business practices that violate the laws it enforces. Letters from consumers and businesses are very important to the work of the Commission. They are often the first indication of a problem in the marketplace and may provide the initial evidence to begin an investigation. The Commission does not resolve individual complaints. The Commission can, however, act when it sees a pattern of possible violations developing.

The information you have provided will be recorded in our complaint retention system. This computerized system enables us to identify questionable business practices that are generating numerous complaints and may be in violation of the law.

Thank you for providing information that may be used to develop or support Commission enforcement initiatives.
 5th of Jan, 2007 by   Suresh 0 Votes
Adding one more complaint. I did face similar issues like the rest. Support number always busy, initial attempts to make calls didn't succeed, not able to login to website, etc. As someone pointed out, big infrastructure issue: launching a service that's not ready for the call volume. However, after couple of unsuccessful attempts, I was able to make calls and I did indeed get the double the money offer they promised. The Call quality to the cities seem to be okay but to the rural areas, there is quite a bit of echo. I am trying to use up my money and go back to Reliance (although, those guys seem that they cannot make up their promotional offer - one day it is double the offer up to $50, next day it is up to $10, next day it is some arbitrary minutes based on the what the prepaid amount is). The Call quality of Reliance is definitely superior to Airtel and I never had any problems connecting. With Airtel, did anyone figure out how to update the registration numbers without getting any error. It looks like the stupid system asks for PIN even if you are calling from a registered number.

Suresh
 11th of Jan, 2007 by   Deepak Chawla 0 Votes
Dear Friends,

This company is big fraud with no customer service and poor connectivity. I don't want you should not waste your time in dealing with such a company.
 14th of Sep, 2008 by   Thejas 0 Votes
Well the reason why I am sending you this comments is just to share my bad experiece with airtel customer service and I would like to take your kind attention towards their irresponsible/fraud attitude.

From Sept 5 -08 morning onwards I was not able to make any calls to india from any of the phone number from US through airtel eventhough I have sufficent balance.I called airtel customer service(877-247-5150) on the same day twice for telling the same issue and the executive who handled my case told they opened a ticket for the same and will be solving the issue within 24 hours and I will be getting the call within that period.More over the executive told they will be sending this ticket number/status to my EmailID which I updated in my profile and more over he collected the same on the same call, unfortunately I didn't get any calls/mails till saturday Sept 6-08 till evening 6PM and I called the same customer service number asking about the status..The executive to whom I spoke on saturday told still 6 more hours left for solving that and the ticket is still open.I waited till sunday moring Sept07-08 by thinking they will be resolving the issue.Unfortunately I didnt get any updates either through phone / mail.

Finally I decided to close my account and I don't want to continue the relation with airtel call home, before closing that ticket I asked the executive to pass the phone to any of his manager/supervisor and you know what how the executive replied "There is no manager/supervisor on the Floor".I really fed up with their services, then I came to know how importance they are giving to customers.

When I asked the status of my ticket(Close account) after 8 days the same executive team told account is still active but they block my account by keeping some of my money.If we are closing our account then that is their responsiblity to close our entire account information then and there and refund whatever balances we have till that date instead they are showing their fraud attitude.

So I would recommend you guys is think twice before you are proceding with airtel..They will cheat you ...
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   ankit 0 Votes
I totally agree with you. This is what happened with me and I ended up wasting money rather than make any savings. I have now switched to Vyke for making calls to India and the service is excellent!! I recently got my family to enable Vyke on their phones - sounds unbelievable but we can make absolutely FREE calls!

4 Uncommon Ways to Earn More Cash