logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Tribalwar.com
They used to clean viruses, but they didn’t do this
2. (4 mins ago)
The Cash Store
Harassment
5. (30 mins ago)
Big Daddys Car Company
I was robbed of my money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Suvechha

Poor Customer Service, Online booking system

Air Asia
Thailand
First time booking on line in Air Asia and given me a bad experience….. I made an online booking for travelling to Phuket on the 21st December (with booking number L36YFV) and from Phuket to Singapore on the 25th of December (with booking number E3QQKS) for Christmas holiday on the 19th of November. But due to the internet error the date issue happened to be 21st November. Affirming on the reliability of Air Asia I did not cross check with the travel booking. It was only on 21st December when I went to the airport the person in the counter pointed the error. I purchased 3 tickets for a monetary value of 16, 000 Bhat. When I together with 2 family members of mine did not check in at the airport on 21 November, 2010 and subsequently on 25th November, the airlines staff did not care to call or inform me, even if all the reservation has my contact details . Additionally I have already made a hotel booking in Phuket and in Singapore for the concerned date in December and now with the tickets not being available I have lost the entire amount. Since I was not able to avail the tickets at all I would want the airline to refund the tickets. Since this fiasco is primary owed to internet error and the airlines negligence--not following up on passengers check in information or being responsible, passengers should not suffer due to the Airlines negligence. Due to the negligence, I have lost money not only for one flight to Phuket but also money for tickets to Singapore and hotel booking. If I didn’t make it to the first flight on the 21st November and then the second flight on the 25th November, I deserved to at least get one call to tell me about my tickets. When I checked in with the AirAsia staff at the counter, they said that I could not get the refund as the date had expired and they simply refused to help me. I requested them to put us in another flight to Singapore (I was ready to lose my flight from Bangkok to Phuket), made several attempts waited 2 hours at the airport to see the concerned personnel tried calling in call center of Air Asia but no response. I have already lost a hefty amount and now have to make another booking to Singapore to save the and hotel return flight cost on 28th Dec, 2010 from Singapore (booking made in Tiger Airways and which was possible without any errors and hassle) Please give me ideas to highlight my complaints….. So frustrated with their customer service and the systems booking on line…..In cases like this airline personnel have to be accommodative as at the end it is all about good customer service and credibility of the airline, if this is how customers are responded, the way they are in loss due to the laxity of airline staffs airline will simply lose its credibility and trust from its customers and reading the forum i feel issues like this are already causing customer dissatisfaction. At this point fo time I am still looking for some recourse to mitigate my loss and I would like to claim for the refund from the airlines.
Comments Thailand Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jan, 2011 by   Mirafiori 0 Votes
Hi Suvechha,
I also have this problem. AA sucks big time! I bought my ticket (local destination in Malaysia) online, suddenly the system hangs just about when I want to make payment, I refresh and it seems ok. So I proceed. Later I found out the date has gone haywire. I read it somewhere, others that have been with similar problem they made complaint to AA, but instead AA blame us not reading the confirmation details properly when we make the payment. So it is totally our fault and we have to bear the cost of our loss and the penalty fee for changing the date. My question is, how come their system is so lousy and unreliable and we have to pay extra for that? If the system is defaulted somehow when it refreshes, it should defaulted to the date that we choose in the system, not simply any other date that we've never keyed in, right? I'm doing IT, and this kind of system error is really absurd. Either their programmer is stupid or, it is actually a scheme to cheat consumer like us to pay more. I'm doing most of my monetary transactions online, paying the bills, purchasing from ebay, cash transfer etc etc... but never encounter this kind of error during system glitches. The system should void the transaction or at least highlighted that there is changes to the initial details and whether we want to proceed with the changes. I've complaint to their customer service and they still put me on-hold. Isn't that sweet? I think I'm gonna broadcast it to the newspaper. The title should then be " Air Asia; now everyone can fry".

Mobile Phone Insurance Fraud