logo

American Home Mortage Services Inc. AKA Option One
4600 Regeant Blvd.
Texas
ahmsi13.com
My husband and I opened a loan in 2005 with Option One Mortage Corporation. My husband passed away in August of 2007 and ever since then it has been a nightmare! Option One would call over 10- 20 times a day harrassing claiming that I had missed payments. I sent numerous times copies of all the payments I had ever made via fax and USPS. They had my house in foreclosure and I disputed it. Option One failed to respond so the foreclosure was closed. Now AHMSI has the loan as they have merged. I never recieved one payment coupon from this company nor an address as to where to send my payments. My daughter had to find the address on the internet. When I called them they told me that they legally do not have to send me a payment coupon and that I should know what to do. I am on a ARM loan and they do legally have to send me a coupon. They now have me in foreclosure and refused to acknowledge my repeated letters to them. They also have over 686.76 in a suspense account which they refuse to disperse. They have reported me late to the credit bureaus which makes it impossible to refinance my home and get away from these creeps! Why are they able to get away with this? I don't understand it. They continue to prey on people and yet they are still in business! It does not make sense!
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Nov, 2008 by   Going through the same thing 0 Votes
My husband and I are going through the same thing with this company. I didn't realize it was happening to others and I'm not sure how to stop it. I fear that things have gone to far and I was unaware that there was a bigger problem

Signed
Going through the same thing
 7th of Nov, 2008 by   alizon meikle 0 Votes
i have had the same problem only when i got divorced. option one claimed that i did not send my payments and i have did. they sent me foreclosure notices and forwarded me to a collection office. i sent my payments and they would send them back furtering me in to collections. finally i made a settlement payment to clear the account, but they posted a foreclosure on my credit and i now can not refinance to pay this company off. i am in the process of dispute through the credit companies but that takes time. i am a single mother of four and recently had sirgery that put me out of work for a month. ahmsi will not deal with me and arrange lowering my interest rate which is 13.9% can you offer any solutions?
thank you and i am sorry for your loss
 7th of Nov, 2008 by   Barbara Lundy 0 Votes
I feel what they feel.They start calling before second day of month. Thy call one time as Option One then next time call Amercian Home Service. I have ask to refiance they denied, I have problem refiance becasue of what they are report to Credit Bureau.
 14th of Nov, 2008 by   Started out bad but ended well 0 Votes
Although our case started out in a similar way to the others who have posted, we were able to negotiate a loan modification with AHMSI. We were in the mid stages of the foreclosure process, receiving the numerous phone calls, and were being approached by debt services trying to "help" us save our home. We were also facing a change to ARM which would have increased our payments by almost $500 a month. My husband worked directly with AHMSI and got a loan modification. We've pulled our home out of foreclosure and gotten a much more manageable loan. I'm not sure who people are talking to, but I say keep trying. Maybe we just got lucky, but my husband is pretty persistent and wouldn't let up. Good luck.
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   Daffany 0 Votes
LOL, I have to laugh at the statement that was referencing the words….good luck, because that is exactly what you will need after calling and calling and calling AHMS, Inc. AND it is ashame that we have to rely on a prayer or luck to get anything done!

Just today, November 19, I called the company regarding my November payment that I submitted which was returned due to invalid account number. After speaking with 4 different reps and going back and forward with a supervisor I was eventually informed that it was a possibility that the payment was rejected because AHMS is NO LONGER excepting payments via the ECH system which is simply going through your bank and requesting for them (your financial institution) to send the payment electronically. I was also told by the ‘supervisor’ that the consumers was not notified of the change and that it began the first of the month yet the employees at AHMS was not informed until yesterday November 18th.
 22nd of Nov, 2008 by   Who Can We Got To? 0 Votes
We've had the same issue. Who can we go to in order to get away from these guys and restore our credit, and get the service that is legally due us?

Who Can We Go To?
 23rd of Nov, 2008 by   Lupe 0 Votes
I didn't realize there was so many people having the same problem that we are having with AHMSI. Well the good thing is that they did help us to modify our loan as well and lower our payments, we were going on foreclosure too. But they have never sent us a payment book either or where to send my payment. I hope they can help you guys too. But it is difficult to work with them.
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   Mary 0 Votes
Anyone who needs a modification call AHMSI's Jacksonville office: 904-996-9600 is the direct line. They were able to help me through a very difficult and stressful time and I was able to modify my loan. I hope they can help you as well.
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   Darlene Crossman 0 Votes
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!
I have been trying since October, 2008 to reach the so called "negotiator" for my loan so we can work on a "loan modification". I have been calling and calling and as of today, 12/1/2008 I still cannot reach anyone that knows anything about my loan, modication, or negotiator. They do know I am four months behind on my mortgage and now in foreclosure. Oh really?, what a surprise! If there is anyone that can provide some guidance on what I can do I would be so very much greatful. Thank you.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   billie hammond 0 Votes
iam having the same problem with th e mortgage company i called them to ask them about my mortgage if it could be reduced because i have ahandicap son that i have to look after because i am a widow plus i just get a little social secuity and the mortgage company takes it all they act like they dont care as long as they get whatwant i think that company should really be investgated because something just isnt right about that mortgage company i lost my husband last yr 6-27 07day an d its been so hard for me and for someone not to want to help it makes it that much harder my name is billie hammond my fax no is 8174837221 thank you
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   5yrplan 0 Votes
I was just informed that AHMSI is not a mortgage company and they don't have to play by the same rules as one. They are a servicing company for investors. I tried to get them to do a loan modification, I faxed in all of the info they wanted. Then I was told that they would raise my interest rate to 8% instead of lowering it. I am paying 7.75% now and I am struggling to make the payments. This negotiator was rude and very argumentative about my situation. I wanted to go through a loan modification company, but a lot of them are brokers and I am afraid of being ripped off. They charge anywhere from $1400 to $2500 up front to start the process of the modification. I just don' t know what to do.
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Barry Poppey 0 Votes
I became disabled4/07 and had tomove to SC from NY. I could not afford living in NY due to taxes and high heat bills along with mortgage. Since that time I have used ALLof my savings to keep current on mort. pymts. Now I'm behind 3 mos. and they are threatening foreclosure. I might add that the home is for sale or rent to cover pymts . The continuous calls I get are from India. I asked the person if they were american citisens, and they said NO. I don't feel I should be talking over my acc. with someone from another country that is not an American. I wish I coukd find someone here in USA that I could speak to. Does anyone know if ehey can help me with a US number? please e-mail me at
bearone1048@aol.com
Any help would certainly be appreciated Barry Poppey
 30th of Dec, 2008 by   DEAD IN NEW YORK 0 Votes
This company should remove the word american from their name. I have never delt with such a shady company in my life. I was in the process of a refi when they changed from option one. They kept $965.00 in suspense and requested payments for earlier than they were due. At this time thy have me three months behind. And $8000.00 behind on unpaid taxes by option one. A class action lawsuit is whats needed.
 3rd of Jan, 2009 by   vin 0 Votes
Yep people the same deal here, they went for foreclosure, jacked payments, escrow for taxes disappeared.
repeated calls to them was a nightmare. They barely speak English and you never get the same person
twice. These people do need investigated their practices do not seem legal or ethical.
The major question is where or who do we go for help? Does anyone know?
I think its going to take more than luck!
 4th of Jan, 2009 by   tgrillo 0 Votes
I've been through this and they are wicked, abusive liars, as you all have recognized. However, I've negotiated a loan modification. Approached it this way: I told one of our south Asian friends that if they did not proceed with the loan modification within 14 working days, I would file for bankruptcy on the 15th. My how they scurried! You have to be willing to file, you need an attorney who will confirm that the papers are filled out and ready to file.
Hopefully I will be able to keep payments current for a full year and get a decent, fixed rate, 15-year US bank mortgage; perhaps the new administration will provide support for people like us. I look forward to the day when I can be rid of these creatures.
 20th of Jan, 2009 by   Calvin Doss 0 Votes
I have a perculiar situation that maybe someone could give me advise on. I signed a Loan modification document with AHMSI sent in the required amount of money. My loan remod date was Nov 14th 2008. Here it is Jan 20th 2009 and have yet to get theme to change the loan. I have spoken with about 10 different people or so. I have gotten there names spoken with many departments only to be told different things everytime I call. It has been expeditated many times to hear theme tell it and still nothing. I keep getting letters of Pre-forclosure. I am getting really mad. I spoke with them Today 01/20/2009 only to be told by the first person which was supposed to be a supervisor that they are not in possesion of my approved loan documents that they must have been lost. Lucky for me I kept all my records. I have my moneygram reciepts along with a paper from them saying they are in reciept of my loan modification papers. My dilema is this they said it would take about a month to redo the paperwork once it was recieved. It has been 2 months and I cannot get anywhere with them. They have my 3, 500 which I sent and my papers. What is my legal recoarse as I have many a sleepless nights dealing with this and it has really been wearing on my wife. It is a little more indepth than this . I am just giving brief desription. Anyone with similiar problems with this. please anyone
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   the onez 0 Votes
ok i work in the field that you guys are complaining about not that company so ill give you some general info. 1st they do not have to send a monthly statment there is no law to this they only have to send you a letter if your payment changes. 2nd most companys only do forcesed escrows is when you are seriously past due with your property taxes and in danger of loosing you home. 3rd if you have a payment changed you signed an adjustible rate its your fault for not reading over the documents, none of you are children you are buying a home and were happy someone could help you. bottom line if they are breaking the law by violating your contract then gt an attoney but be clear if you ar not making the payment you are violating that same contract they may understand that some people need help but some put this on themselfs. work with your company and understand they have a policy they have too follow when helping and cant help everyone.
 27th of Jan, 2009 by   Renoite 0 Votes
the onez has grammer goodly. AHMSI is terrible, but they did do a loan modification for me last April. I started the process with HOPE and a few phone calls with AHMSI ( a California area code) and ended up with a fixed 7% for five years, from a 6.5% ARM. The new rate was going to be in the mid 9% and with a $405k balance, the savings allowed us to keep the house...and watch its value drop to $300k! It would have been better for a short sale then, when the value was closer to the balance owed. Now I need a principal reduction, but have no faith that will happen. The customer service reps at AHMSI might possibly be the worst ever. They often have their information wrong and I continue to receive warnings my loan is changing, where I get to call these clowns several times for them to finally understand the new loan. I wish there was a U.S. based customer service line...the language barrier is frustrating. I have to be a rude jack-ass on the phone when they look for their payment on the 2nd of the month, but it keeps them from calling from India again. I had this problem with a couple of other mortgage companies, too, but will now only do business with a company that has a local branch.
 7th of Feb, 2009 by   Nate 0 Votes
I AM TRIED OF THESE PEOPLE ALREADY AND CITI RESIDENTAL LENDING ARE FORWARDING MY LOAN TO "AHMSI". WE NEED SOME PEOPLE WITH MORE POWER THEN WE . SO I AM ASK YOUR FORWARD YOUR INFO TO "ANDERSON COOPER AND ALI VESHI" AT CNN.COM OF CNN TV. i have already.

LET GO GET THESE PEOPLE.

I AM MAD. THEY ARE USING OUR BAIL OUT MONEY. I HAVE WENT FROM AMC MORTGAGE AND CITI RESIDENTIAL LENDING NOW TO AMSHI IN 15 MONTHS.
 13th of Feb, 2009 by   SCOTT 0 Votes
I BEEN FIGHTING WITH AHMSI SENCE LAST AUG DUE TO THEM HAVING MYSELF AND MY WIFE PAY OVER 2 TIMES WHAT THE TAX'S ARE AND HAVE NOT FIXED IT YET INTURN ARE PAYMEANT HAS GONE UP ALMOST 400 THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO COVER

AARP Washington Fraud Fighter Call Center