Aflac

Posted:

Looking for ways not to pay claims

4.3
AFLAC
aflac.com
My parents paid long term care insurance premiums for 20 years. At age 88 my Mom fell and would have seemed to qualify for what they were paying for "nursing home insurance". AFLAC used every technicality they could, interpreted the ambiguity in the old policy (which they don't sell anymore) to not play the long term care benefit. Each subsequent denial letter included a new reason for denial. They do not stand behind what their agents sell. They do not have any control over what their agents represent about them. The president does not take nor respond to complaint letters. He hands them down to those who get paid to deny. Don't put your life or income into AFLAC's hands. You will not be able to count on them
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Health & Life Insurance

Comments

12th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
Hi,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help. I would like for our J. D. Power 2015 Certified Contact Center to look into your situation. Please email us at aflacservice@aflac.com so we can assist you with this. When you email us, please include the following in the subject line of your email: August 10, 2016, http://www.complaintsboard.com post. Please copy the contents of your post from this website into the body of the email.
Also, Aflac has established corporate privacy procedures in an effort to protect your identity and policy/claim information. Therefore, if you are an Aflac policyholder, when you email us, please provide your name and AT LEAST TWO of the following criteria: Policy number, Claim number, Claim Check number, Date of Birth, or Name of your employer.
Aflac Phyllis
 14th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
Hello,

I'm also having trouble with an old AFLAC long term health care policy. My mother has Alzheimer's and needs 24/7 supervision, yet Aflac claims that she does not qualify for her benefits since the room she's in is not in the nursing home wing of the care center. It's sad because my parents counted on this insurance paying at least 3 years and now we find out it won't unless we move her.

Susan from Iowa