logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
global migrate uk
waste of money to hire visa consultant from global migrate
2. (10 mins ago)
Oscar Mayer
Fully Cooked Bacon
3. (13 mins ago)
TruTech T600-D DVD player
Broken at 7 months!
4. (15 mins ago)
Foopets.com
Joining this site will result in disappointment and frustration
5. (32 mins ago)
Rite Aid
false advertising

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Afini Collections, Bloomington, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Deceptive Debt Collection

Afini Collections Contacts & Informations

PO Box 3427
Bloomington, Illinois
Phone: 888-257-1585
www.afinicollections.com
The company just sent me a notice that I owe them over $130 for a phone bill (Bell Atlantic) in 1997. After reading all these complaints about this company, I am seriously thinking about filing a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission and my state attorney general. I recommend others to do this by going to "file a complaint" section under consumer protection of the FTC website (www. ftc.gov). If enough people do this, the FTC will look into opening an investigation.
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Mar, 2009 by   Anthoy Morris 0 Votes
I recently recieved a notice from Afini as well, of which I no nothing of this outstanding bill. Somehow, they go hold of an outstanding verizon account bill that I had some three years ago. Verizon will cut your phone and internet off if you don't pay your bill. Well, I still have my account with Verizon, and it makes no since that ther is something outstanding wth them. For even if you change phnoe numbers with them, you must pay passed due balances before they give you a new account.

Legal Strategies How to Deal with Collections