Afini Collections

PO Box 3427
Bloomington, Illinois
Phone: 888-257-1585
www.afinicollections.com
The company just sent me a notice that I owe them over $130 for a phone bill (Bell Atlantic) in 1997. After reading all these complaints about this company, I am seriously thinking about filing a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission and my state attorney general. I recommend others to do this by going to "file a complaint" section under consumer protection of the FTC website (www. ftc.gov). If enough people do this, the FTC will look into opening an investigation.
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies

Comments

29th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I recently recieved a notice from Afini as well, of which I no nothing of this outstanding bill. Somehow, they go hold of an outstanding verizon account bill that I had some three years ago. Verizon will cut your phone and internet off if you don't pay your bill. Well, I still have my account with Verizon, and it makes no since that ther is something outstanding wth them. For even if you change phnoe numbers with them, you must pay passed due balances before they give you a new account.
 14th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
im looking into my credit report and tryingbto pay off old debts and i came across a collection from afini for $130 I have no idea what the collecrion is for so i googled afini collections and when i valled the number all i got was a pre recorded message .. in spanish .. so i figure this must be some kind of scam .. but its on my credit report so now im going to have ro figure out how to remove that because i dont want to pay money i dont owe to some scam artist
 17th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
I too have a similar story to tell. I got an invoice from them saying I owe $80 to AT&T. I have AT&T for my cable, phone and internet. And if I owed AT& money they would have turned off my service. Best to file a complaint but also go back to AT&T and let them know Afni is using the company you've done business with is having someone scam them.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree