logo

SBI ATM Card
Transcation declained
3. (10 mins ago)
myticketsonline.eu
Lost money, not received tickets
4. (10 mins ago)

Aeropostale

Posted:    cr8zycajun41

SIZING

AEROPOSTALE
[AERO]So I went to Aero this weekend to purchase a hoodie for my teen Daughter and walked out EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!! What body type are you exactly sizing up when you are designing the XXL Teen Girl Hoodies???? It is evident and quite obvious if someone is coming to your store or website to shop and they are looking to purchase an XXL they obviously do not want it to fit like a TIGHT LARGE!!! This problem really needs to be looked at!! There are teens that have health problems just as my daughter does with a Thyroid Problem and cannot help the fact that she is a little on the heavier side this does not mean she doesn't want to be just as fashion forward as the girl in class next to her or that she doesn't care how she looks or that she is heavy by choice!!! If you really catered to a TRUE PLUS SIZED TEEN you may realize that there is a TON of money to be made in this area!!! We have always been loyal shoppers of Aero but I am guessing we no longer will be as my daughter is 15 and LOVES your hoodies all though you truly have dropped the ball when designing the size XXL! I bet if you re-looked into this and took a size 10 model or a size 12 model even and put them in the size XXL you would then realize it is not truly catered to TODAY'S Plus Sized Teen it is very disheartning when you take your child into your stores and everything that is her normal size XXL fits her like a size L Spandex!!! As a parent I am truly disgusted that my daughter left your store so upset we will not be coming back until we see that you have taken note of this problem and have attempted to fix it! I will share my disgust with everyone I know to see how they feel about this as well. Not every parent want's their teen girls wearing clothes that are skin tight revealing all of their goods girls need to be empowered not selling themselves short by wearing tight clothes and attracting the wrong attention no matter what SIZE they are!!!
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2010 by   Carriekisty 0 Votes
Well I am a person who worked hard to lose weight. I wear size 3 aero. Before this I was in a 17. But I am sorry to you ignorant people who think that every heavy person is lazy. My family has history of thyroid and my very active grandma that ate less than my 2 year old and was on medication for it was still heavy from this issue so before you start slamming kids do some research this is why kids have so many issues today because people like u that think everyone should be stick. U may find yourself with health issues one day and maybe u will get same kindness you gave that poor girl!
 9th of Apr, 2011 by   hco_lover1922 0 Votes
um of course it wont fit well xxl come on now. go on a diet.
 13th of Apr, 2011 by   MoHo93 0 Votes
I have recently worked at an Aeropostale location. I just want to say that I am very sorry that your daughter was unable to fit into our jackets. I myself have never seen an XXL even at my location however we do often have people come in that need this size. It is something that Aero needs to fix.

As for the hoodie, some of the hoodies are made smaller than others that our store sells. I am not saying that the size is not wrong, I am just stating that some of the hoodies are cropped or run small.

As for the people saying things about children that are over weight, I agree and disagree with you to a point. Yes, not every child has a health condition that makes them heavier. However, many children do! The children who have a health issue, they need to feel comfortable and need to be able to wear the same clothes that every other healthy child can wear. For the children that do not have a health issue that is causing them to gain weight, these kids need to get parents that care about their kids weight and health and these parents need to get their children involved in sports and on a healthy diet.

Children that have a health issue need to be accomidated too cause they can not help it. However the children who are obese at the age of 12 and do not have a health issue, these children need to get help!
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   Texas42 0 Votes
Aeropostal designes clothes like this, an XS is a S, a S is a M and a M is a L and an L is an XL..
According to my cousin who manages one of these stores, Aeropostal designs based on the Teen population of NYC, slim only... apparently there are no overweight children in NYC.
It's sad, but true.
 1st of Feb, 2013 by   crashley810 0 Votes
hco_lover1922...grow up!
The xxl at aero is a tight large at BEST. They are certainly not designed for thicker girls. There are some xls that may fit nice on a bigger person, because they are not form fitting, they are like a regular hoodie. Now the xxl, is slim cut, so it completely eliminates the point. If the hoodie is designed for a bigger person, it should indeed fit a bigger person. My 9 year old cant even wear p.s. and I dont know a kid that does. My child and my neices (all very slim) wear the alleged teenage sizes, and often times an xl because they run so small. I am a size 11-13 depending on manufacturer, and only some of the xls i am able to wear. Aeropostale needs to fix this! Its ridiculous, and NO ONE needs to go on a diet just to fit your stupid clothes. Kids should not feel they should have to.
 1st of Feb, 2013 by   crashley810 0 Votes
By the way, there are plenty of overweight kids in nyc. Obesity is a u.s. epidemic! Now if aeropostale was for chinese people, that would make sense. But that is not the case. Being too big for an aero xxl is nowhere near obese! Most of the xxl shirts run smaller than the xl!
 5th of Jun, 2013 by   Libragirl30 0 Votes
People who think only obesity is in small areas of the world need a wake up call. That being said, Aeropostale is predominately white owned and manufactures clothes for flat skinny girls with no hips, no breast and no meat on the flesh. I am beginning to wonder if Aeropostale has a think for skeletons?
 10th of Jun, 2014 by   Mrshovden 0 Votes
I went into an aeropostle store Over the weekend only to find that they no longer make a size 11/12. And the 12 doesn't for! I have been wearing this size for years!!! And now all of a sudden you have shrunk the size and taken one (13-14)completely off the market! Bad form!! I will not be shopping here anymore. Maybe that's how you wanted it tho only catering to the size 00-6. Sad business practice when it's been great for me for so many years
 10th of Jun, 2014 by   Milanman 0 Votes