logo

mann travel
rip off
4. (33 mins ago)
esmartsupply.com
No explanation why they didn’t get orders back
5. (41 mins ago)
Australian Wine Index
boiler room wine investment scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Advance Benefits Inc.

Posted:    Valerie

Online fraud

Advance Benefits Inc.
Received my monthly Verizon telephone bill and found FOUR charges from third party providers. Advance Benefits Inc. for a voicemail monthly service fee, Unitedtel.com for Hellomail monthly fee, Nations 1st for voicemail monthly service fee and Infodial Unlimited for Long Distance Service.

The third party providers for the first two were ESBI and for the last two ILD billing. I contacted all four of the companies. Two of them Nations 1st and Infodial Unlimited told me they would stop charges and refund them to my Verizon Account. Unitedtel.com agreed to reverse the charges only after I told them that the charges were fraudulent.

Advance Benefits Inc. was an absolute nightmare. The representative was rude. He stated under no circumstance would the charges be reversed even after I told him the charges were fraudulent. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he informed me that he was as high as I was going to get. I asked to speak to someone else in his office and he stated there was no one else in the office. I heard voices in the background and called him on it and he stated that was another department.

I spoke to Verizon and they are returning the charges to this company. I'm waiting to see what happens. It's hard to determine who to complain to when you aren't sure of the appropriate agency. I would think the FCC or FTC but how can one be sure?

I found out from one of the companies that said they would reverse all charges (waiting to see if this happens) that the charges came because I had signed up for a website called 'Tagged'. I did sign up for 'Tagged' but authorized no charges to my telephone bill at any time. Apparently they supplied my personal information to these companies. I canceled my membership to 'Tagged' in less than a month when I realized that the site was not at all what I had thought.

Initially it looks very safe and family oriented. I received the invite from a niece and thought from it's appearances that it was a site where family and friends can share photo's, notes and comments.

Didn't take long at all to realize what it really was when I started receiving numerous emails from strange men wanting to hook up with me. I've been happily married for over 40 years, have 2 children and 5 grandchildren and am definitely NOT looking to hook up with anyone.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Dec, 2008 by   Andre Poirier 0 Votes
I just received my verizon bill and it contains a bill of 19.95 for advance benifits inc.
I dont remember signing up for it and want to cancel.How do I go about doing so?
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   Margarita Soto 0 Votes
I recently received a charge from esbi company on my att bill i tried calling them but i could not get hold of it i want to know how i ca cancel the service if i never signed up for it and never heard of it.
 5th of Dec, 2008 by   tazkhan 0 Votes
I received the charges on my AT&T bill this month from them. The 800 # on the bill is non-funtional. AT&T is refusing to help. They insist to call this #. I calleed FCC, they referred me to FTC. FTC refused to do anything and said that I should dealn with this issue myself with the phone company and the if the issue is not resolved than seek legal help.
 30th of Jan, 2009 by   c de angelo 0 Votes
I received charges on my Verizon bill from ESBI/ Advance Benefits Inc. When I called Advance Benefits I was told that my phone number was used by another party. They gave me the other persons' name, address, and email address. This person used my Massachusetts phone# and submitted their Ct. address. I was told what date this person signed up for services, when I asked for verification of this information to be sent to me so that I could turn it over to my local police department (because I actually knew the person) to file a police report of this fraud, I was sent a copy of a computer screen with just the other persons' information and my phone number. When I called the company back to request more substantial evidence I was told by a supervisor that I was already helped and that there was nothing more she would do. Meanwhile my local police department has closed the investigation due in part to lack of evidence and the fact that the other person denies his fraudulent activity.
 28th of May, 2009 by   CSR Rebel 0 Votes
Here's the deal ADVANCE BENEFITS has contracts with AT&T Verizon and a few other phone company's, the way this works is that people who do surveys or fill stuff out online to get free stuff have to agree to certain things in order to get their free stuff or survey completed, but here's the catch, it doesn't matter who's phone number it is as long as its a home phone the charge is going on it, for example a 10 year old is online trying to get a free XBOX he goes and fills out everything checks the box that says yes I'm 18 provides bogus number which in most cases its a neighbor's or grandmas then a month later BAM u get stuck trying to get your money back while the kid waits for the rest of his life for his free xbox, sorry people this is just another stupid company that makes phony and ignorant deals with your actual phone company.
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   popy 0 Votes
Please Provide me the TOLL FREE num for 'Advance Benefits Inc' . As i recive my invoice in E-Mail. There is no number.
 18th of Jan, 2011 by   Customer Support 0 Votes
We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware that we at 24/7mp3s take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like the opportunity to address any concerns you may have. You can contact us toll-free at 1-866-709-6557 or by email at customersupport@billinghelpnow.com, so that we may resolve your inquiry.
Sincerely,