logo

Ukessays.com
Fraudulent website, stay away
2. (10 mins ago)
miracle2
scammed out of my money and product
3. (10 mins ago)
IneedFinancialHelp.net
I paid and they didn’t give me a loan.
4. (10 mins ago)
Complaints Board
people
5. (35 mins ago)
super ketone plus aloe ferox cleanse
raspberry ketones

Posted: 2012-04-05 by    ptyer

Cancellation Policy

ADT
Orlando, Florida
I have been an ADT Customer for 6 years. I moved a year ago and thought I was just transferring my service from one place to another. Little did I know, it renewed my contract for another 3 years. Now I am moving and I will not... have an alarm at my new place. ADT is charging me $932 to cancel my contract. They did not install the equipment in this home, all they did is transfer the monitoring from my old home to this one. I was told when I transferred that it was a transfer of service. When I called today I was told that I was locked into this contract and that this was explained to me when the technician came out to set my service up, which consisted of him making a few phone calls and collecting a check from me. I promise, I will never use them again, I will see to it that no one I know ever uses them again. The power of Social Media. I will cost them far more than $932.
Comments United States Security Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of May, 2012 by   Betrayed ADT customer +1 Votes
we have the exact same issue, we purchase a contract in believe 2 years, we were told that in case of a moving we will have 24 months "fro zing times until we find a home. We move 14 months before the contract end. We contacted ADT. We were told that now we need to stop our contract and being forced to take another 3 years contract. I spoke to several ADT employees, a seems to me there do not take any acknowledge of what they once promise. I am being told today that if I do not break my contract and not accept there new contract I will be force to pay the remaining of the contract of three years (10 months) . If you call ADT because you are moving they will tell you that you can transferred your account etc.. but they will send a ADT guy to make you sign another contract.
3years). Others terms, ADT do not respect their contract at all. They will force you to stop your own old contract with them and renew Oblige the customer to buy another 3 years. Others terms, Either you pay the remaining balance that they do not want to continue their contract or you must buy another long contract. This is a scandal. I said no and I will file a complaint against ADT.
 6th of Dec, 2012 by   sacto.adt.rep +1 Votes
You should have gotten a package from them with a 6 month performance guarantee certificate. You can say your unhappy with the performance if you are with in the first 6 months and they will refund you everything. If it is after the 6 months you are shit out of luck. You shouldnt have signed a new contract of you were moving before the 3 years.
 14th of Dec, 2012 by   WARA EXPRESS +1 Votes
WARA EXPRESS
101 S VERMONT AVE LOS ANGELES CA, 90004-5904
MY BUSINESS IS CLOSE SO, A WANT CANCEL ADT SERVICE TODAY 14.12.2012
THANKYOU
 14th of Dec, 2012 by   sacto.adt.rep +1 Votes
What are you asking?
 25th of Jan, 2014 by   Becky Rittel +1 Votes
Have had ADT since 2007. Recently found out that I wasn't being monitored, since I didn't have a home phone. (5 years!!!) Have been paying all of this time for NOTHING!!! I am angry.
 7th of Apr, 2014 by   Magg from Florida +1 Votes
I got the same problem

Please advice how to handle this people
 7th of Apr, 2014 by   Magg from Florida 0 Votes
I got the same problem.

I had with ADT first time when I was in Selma, Texas. Moved out and had to pay about 500.- to get out. When I moved to Florida on 2009 sing up with Broadview not ADT but ADT bought out Broadview.
My service was over 3 years. I moved out on July 2003. Before I moved out I paid off up until August 2013.
This month I received a negotiation letter from Tate & Kirlin Associate Said I owe 816.98. Plus 2 statements for February and March for 68.- a month Up from 32..was more than dubble..that was a wow to me..
I sure upset too..and want them to out off my hair..

Anybody please advice...how to handle to this people
 7th of Apr, 2014 by   Magg from Florida 0 Votes
I got the same problem.

I sure upset too..and want them to out off my hair..

Anybody please advice...how to handle to this people