logo

Unsolicited Mail

Acurian, Inc
Pennsylvania
acurian.com
I have not had any contact with anyone in the Medical field recently, but received a recruitment letter to participate in a "clinical Research Study" from a Dr. Christopher A. Haines. In doing some research found that the following companies are assoiciated with "Acurian"
Euclid SR Partners,
ProQuest Investments,
JP Morgan Partners,
Flatiron Partners,
CDP Capital Technology Ventures,
Merck Capital Ventures.
Acurian will not tell me where they received my personal info from, but I recently sent JP Morgan/ Chase a nasty letter???
Comments United States Pharmaceutical Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jan, 2012 by   L. N.. Johnson 0 Votes
January 4, 2012 I agree with complaint posted by person who received unsolicited mail from Acurian. I also recevied a letter. Don't have a clue as to where Acurian got my name and address. This can't be legal to shoot off a letter asking if I wanted to be on a medical clinical trial for such and such an affliction or other medical condition. . This is truely a medical violation. L. J
 24th of Aug, 2012 by   wwwpdx 0 Votes
Medical and Pharma research in this country has led the world in providing products and treatments to millions. All testing regardless of it's initial subjects must be "proven" on human participants. Without the coopreation of the general public in these trials, medical science would still be at the 19th century level. If you are offended by such solicitation throw it out, but be sure to count youself blessed by the participation of others.
Ron West
 18th of Apr, 2013 by   Strebor 0 Votes
I received a letter from Acurian asking me to join a clinical trial for a condition that I have never had. I haven't had a condition or disease even closely related to this. Obviously, I am concerned about how this erroneous information got in the hands of this company. In general I think clinical trials are great for patients and the health industry, but I do wonder how they get their information as it is obviously unreliable.
 13th of Jun, 2013 by   Bytebak 0 Votes
I have received 4 robocalls in two days from Acurian for IBS study. I am unlisted and on the national do not call list. When I called to complain they claimed clinical studies are not covered by the do not call list. This is not true. They also said it would take 10 days to get put on their company DNC list. Really? 29 more calls to come I guess.
 14th of Jun, 2013 by   Montezumas mom 0 Votes
My child just recieved a letter asking her to participate in a clinical study, she's a minor! The only people who know of her disorder is her pediatrician and Walgreens pharmacy!!! This can't be legal! When I contacted them, they tried to tell mr that I must have provided this info to someone they associate with and thay they obtained it legally. Not true! They now are "escalating" the matter to find out who gave them my minor daughter's medical info. Let's see if I get a call back. With the ITS stuff going on, this is very scary! Ours was also signef Christopher A. Haines, MD of Scurion
 15th of Jun, 2013 by   Keeping eyes open 0 Votes
I worked in clinical trials for over 10 years and agree that trials are very important. However, my son (a minor) received the same letter. I have worked very hard safeguarding his medical diagnosis. Outside of his doctor, pharmacy and school his name isn't attached or listed on anything. This is the first piece of mail that didn't come from a family member (birthday card, etc). Therefore, receiving a mailing with his name on it as well as his diagnosis make me wounder who has shared his information. Again, I don't believe that the above posts are against clinical trails but rather addressing their concerns of how their/family members protected health information was obtained. If the company claims they value privacy and follows all Federal & State rules, then they should have on record where they received each of names.
 29th of Jul, 2013 by   skepticalcynic 0 Votes
Acurian receives this information from pharmacies. They do not pass it on to research sites until the patient has contacted them, answered a few simple eligibility questions and agreed to have their information sent to a research site. We sites are bound by HIPPA to maintain privacy and confidentiality and respect a patient's wishes if they are no longer interested in participating. It isn't a scam, but I do understand the feeling of getting a letter with your name and diagnosis or medication name as I too have received a solicitation from Acurian.
 23rd of Oct, 2013 by   Only By Grace 0 Votes
I recently received a mail asking to participate in clinical research for Lower back pain.
I have been recently diagnosed with Radiculopathy. I am concern how this people obtain my informations.
 30th of Nov, 2013 by   Acurian Health -1 Votes
Acurian Health conducts clinical trials / research studies throughout the USA to better the life of individuals who suffer from common diseases and / or conditions.

Our efforts are to represent and better the life of these individuals. We are NOT representative of paid healthcare organizations or associations.

If you are contacted by Acurian Health in the future, please return the message and consider screening for our nationwide clinical research studies. If you qualify for a study, you may improve your own health condition and contribute to better the life / health of others who suffer from the same diagnoses.
 22nd of Dec, 2013 by   Acurian Health -1 Votes
Please note:

Acurian Health DOES conduct clinical research studies for children and teenagers in addition to adult care to assist with furthering their well - being and health.

ONE WAY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
(Please review Acurian Health's Privacy Policy at Acurian.com for details)

DATA PARTNERS:

Acurian Health has relationships with a number of companies that gather "opt-in" health information from consumers. If you have provided personal information to one of our Data Partners, indicated an interest in clinical research studies and / or in health information, and "opted in" to receive said information of interest, we may have received your contact information from one of these Data Partners.

Acurian Health's intentions are legitimate and please don't assume this is a fraudulent scam.
 23rd of Jan, 2014 by   FormerAcurianHealthEmployee 0 Votes
Im a former Acurian Health Employee, I worked for this company for almost a year, and over the year the things I seen were unbelieveable. Ignoring the fact that when they moved locations from Douglas st to oliver and 47th st south failing to let the employees know and just left a note on the doors giving us the new location sites address. The new location was worse. The bathrooms never clean, bugs everywhere, lucky to have tp in the bathroom saving you from having to walk to quiktrip. No cleaning supplies for the headsets that we SHARE! I seen a pregnant supervisor be verbally abused by the owners Jerry Wass and (James) Craig Dye multiple times leaving her in tears MOST nights. Watched the supervisors scramble to change the time on their time cards because even though they were required to be there 50 hours in one week they could only claim around 40. Not getting paid for the time they worked. But i would also like to add that, with all the issues the company has had trying to keep the contract with Acurian Health maybe if Craig Dye would look into the things that the operations manager (Gabrielle Morgan)is doing. She turns the call volume up so high that she has to log on as an agent to take calls but doesn't really take any. She just picks up the call and dispositions it, NEVER saying a word to the patient. What a GREAT supervisor to look up too.Not to mention how raciest she is. She wont hire a white person, if she will even do the interview. The pregnant WHITE supervisor that was there LONG before her was treated like crap then was dropped back down to the phones because she had some health issues with the pregnancy. What i mean by issues is she needed to be able to sit a little more and take a couple breaks or maybe get a lunch for once because she had gestational diabetes. I don't understand how this company is still in business.
 23rd of Jan, 2014 by   FormerAcurianHealthEmployee +1 Votes
As a former Employee I hate the way they Have 2 and 3 different records of your phone number so even if someone asks to be placed on our Do Not Call LIst we will still have another record of their number calling them again and again, they want us to pressure people into giving up their personal contact informatio. Craig Dye the Owner or Co-Owner held a meeting one day, where he pretty much told us to atleast get the CONTACT information if you quit the questionaire after that oh well we have the info we needed. So basically we're fishing for cantact information for Anomaly Squared
This company is indeed FRAUDULENT
 23rd of Jan, 2014 by   FormerAcurianHealthEmployee 0 Votes
I have never in my life worked with a company as full of shit as this one. Craig Dye and Jerry Wess are some disrespectful wealthy assholes
 23rd of Jan, 2014 by   FormerAcurianHealthEmployee 0 Votes
Acurian Health should really consider who they contract out to, because Anomaly Squared Wichita, is not the best decision they could of made. Most of the reps assigned to the Acurian contract dont even have medical training or experience. So if anyone from corporate Acurian sees this, yes its correct, and maybe Acurian should reassess who is taking their calls.
 23rd of Jan, 2014 by   FormerAcurianHealthEmployee 0 Votes
I completely agree. I started in May of 13 clearly pregnant myself. There were so many tempory lay offs And when they said they would call you to let you know when you can come back they wouldn't. I lost out on a good two days pay because of it. Not to mention the place was horrifically dirty and it was a surprise if there was soap in the ladies bathroom or carring your own toilet paper in your purse to make sure you could wipe your bum. Gabby was rude and unprofessional not to mention her constant violation of HIPPA by taking personal calls on her cell phone at her desk. Yet CSR's were threatened to be fired for having their phone in the lobby not even the call floor. Craig always turning a blind eye to Gabby's disregard to the rules was sickening. My final straw was they did not pay me and when I would call to find out what happen HR would duck and dodge me or keep me on hold for 30mins then tell me when I would call back I hung up too soon. Five year olds would run a business better!
 23rd of Jan, 2014 by   FormerAcurianHealthEmployee 0 Votes
Even if you say you neither have the condition nor anyone never have had we are still told we are required to pressure you into a screener
 13th of Jul, 2014 by   Guest110 0 Votes
I just received a letter yesterday from Acurian Health for an Asthma Research Study. I have never been to a physician for problems with asthma, and although, the compensation offer of up to $900 seems very tempting, I'm still not sure how the company got my personal information. Anyways, just for the FYI - any kind of clinical trial involving human subjects and especially testing with investigational drugs must go through approval with the Institutional Review Board.

Virtual Doctor Visits - Medical Savings?

Latest Groups