logo

Jack Laviano
Sold Me A Clarity Enhanced Diamond
2. (7 mins ago)
ship-stuff.com
The website is total waste of time
3. (8 mins ago)
ferouz atar jafari

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ACS, Massachusetts Complaints & Reviews - ACS Sends Incorrect Reports to the Credit Bureau On Your Account

American Chemical Society Contacts & Informations

ACS

Posted:    Hate ACS so much!!

ACS Sends Incorrect Reports to the Credit Bureau On Your Account

ACS
Massachusetts
ACS will report you to the credit bureau when they are not supposed to!!!

I have never worked with anyone as horrible as ACS - if you ever get a loan with them pay it off or go with someone else. If you're a student, you may unknowingly accept an ACS loan. Every Rep I spoke with never had any idea of how to help or answer the most simple of questions.

They told me that you DON'T need to make payments while you are in school, but constantly send letters in the mail for ways to pay (invoices dated while you're in school). Over the summers they say you are required to make payments, but if you dont want to, all you have to do is send a form in once the next school year starts. Every year they'd send my "missed' payments between the school years to the CREDIT BUREAU without waiting for that paper. I called each year and they fixed it except for the summer before my last year. Now I have a 60 day late mark on my credit, and they wont fix this last summer!?! I HATE ACS. I hope someone gets rid of this company as they have horrible business practices.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Nov, 2010 by   bridge68 0 Votes
To those interested in filing a Class Action Lawsuit against ACS - Affiliated Computer Services, a student loan servicing company,

I've formed a Complaints Board Group to inform and coordinate people who believe they are victims of ACS's deceptive and fraudulent practices.

Have you noticed that your principle doesn't decrease as it should? That every year you pay more interest than that appropriate for your interest rate? That ACS has misapplied your payments? Have you received phone calls and letters that your payment wasn't received only to look at your bank statement that ACS cashed the check? Do you have to supply proof for months only for ACS to deny having received the proof? Have you noticed that ACS holds your payment checks and deposits them on the date that most benefits ACSI? Did you know that for some people, if their check is not received and cashed on the EXACT date that the payment is due, the vast majority, if not all of the payment will go towards interest and therefore never be applied to pay down your principle?

I'm currently in touch with lawyer who successfully argued and opened the door for a Class Action Lawsuit against ACS.

See the lawsuit here:

And a summary of it here:

Please join and help to document this company's practices. This is going to take a group effort.

The group is titled ACS - Class Action Lawsuit for fraudulent and deceptive practices.

Best,
Bridgette
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   Bren7 0 Votes
I have read several stories of people having the exact same problem. My issue is a little different and I was wondering if anyone might be able to help.

I took out a student loan through EFP/ACS. I had to stop going to school for 2 years and during this period I tried to deffer my payments several times. Every time I sent the paper work EFC/ACS claimed they never got the paper work. Eventually they sent me to collections. I've tried contacting both EFC and ACS, but apparently EFc filed for bankruptcy and ACS claims I am no where to be found in there system. At this point I have no idea who hold my loan.

If anyone is experiencing the same problem and has any additional info on this matter any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Brenna

Where Should You Put Your Money?

Latest Groups