logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
eCampus.com
Misleading website and terrible service!
2. (3 mins ago)
DO YOU NEED AN URGENT LOAN CONTACT MARTINKINSLOANFIRM@GMAIL.COM

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Accountnow Visa Prepaid, San Ramon, California Complaints & Reviews - bad customer service

Accountnow Visa Prepaid Contacts & Informations

Accountnow Visa Prepaid

Posted:    teconmantequilla

bad customer service

San Ramon, California
Phone: 1-800-681-4155
accountnowvisa.com
This company is a joke. I have been asking for a replacement card since the 13th of January, and today is the 21st of Feburary and I still do not have it. They keep saying they send me one and I do not recieve it. I depend on my SSI benefits for my living. My funds are deposited to this company, and I can't even pay a bill online or transfer money unless I have the new card. I am a 50 year old women with problems and unable to move around quickly. I have had to ask the church for food since I am unable to my money out of this account.

Please DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THE COMPANY MENTIONED. THEY ARE THIEVES.
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Mar, 2009 by   zak +2 Votes
I am a current cardholder and had my tax return deposited to the card. My vehicle was broken into and my card and many other belongings stollen. I filed a police report and reported it to accountnow immeadiately. The woman who helped me was not sincere nor did she sound as if I stood a chance at getting my money replaced. I am now past due on rent and may loose my place to live thanks to their slack policy. I was told it would be resolved within 60 days. Who has that amount of time to wait on money they need? If Visa is going to back account now then account now needs to step up to the plate the market is to fierce for such poor service to make it.
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   mrsclaiborne +1 Votes
I AM ALSO A CUSTOMER OF THEIRS AND I ALSO KNOW THAT MANY OF U ARE PROBABLY WONDERING WHAT IS UP WITH THE WHOLE WE DON'T HAVE A DIRECT NUMBER THING. WELL DID U KNOW THEY WERE CHARGING YOU $2 EVERY TIME U CALL IN TO ASK A QUESTION AND EVERY TIME U GET THRU TO A CSR. ALSO .50 EVERY TIME U CALL TO CHECK YOUR BALANCE. I AM CURRENTLY IN A LEGAL DISPUTE WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ARE TRULY FULL OF SHIT...I THINK THEY ARE FOLDING...NOT SURE BUT HERE'S A DIRECT NUMBER ...925-498-1800. I GUARANTEE THE PERSON ANSWERING WILL DEFINITELY ASK YOU WHERE DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER...IT'S A DIRECT LINE NUMBER ASK FOR THE DIRECTORY IF YOU KNOW WHO YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE TALKING TO OTHERWISE IT'S USELESS TO HAVE THIS NUMBER
 27th of Dec, 2009 by   slvrtrz3000 0 Votes
Hi,
I too am having problems with my Visa AccountNow.com account. At first when i tried activating it through Skype and Yahoo outcall messenger service VOIP online to call my Filipina friend it was refused three times each and than finally it was authorized as a valid card online with much difficulty beforehand. I even had problems trying to register it with Google online payment services. All of these problems started at the beginning of December 2009.

After i was finally able to successfully use my prepaid VISA AccountNow.com card online through Skype call credits i made the call. No problem. Today is December 27th 2009 and i just logged into my AccountNow.com online account and i see that my account with them is negative -$11.90 How can this be when all i did was have $10 deducted and electronically sent to Skype recently?

My employer here in Juneau Alaska has my consent to have my paycheck direct deposited to AccountNow.com online and now i have to cancel the direct deposit as of December 28th 2009 because i have just found out that AccountNow.com is commiting fraud with peoples accounts and withholding their money. My direct deposit is supposed to take effect as of January 1, 2010. This is uncomfortable and scary for me. I am on a fixed bi monthly low wage income from my grocery store job.

I have contacted and filed complaints with /link removed/ BBB in CA, scam.com, FBI, FTC.gov, VISA.com card services. and others online.

This company must be shut down for corrupt practices.

I have supporting documentation to prove by email photo attachment that i am being cheated by this company.

The strange thing about this is the BBB has given this company a A rating when it actually should be a big F rating.

Thank you for investigating this company.

Thank you for your help.

Jonathan
 29th of Jan, 2010 by   IRATE87 0 Votes
I RECENTLY APPLIED FOR AN ACCOUNTNOW CARD SO MY TAX REFUND COULD BE DIRECT DEPOSITED ON MY CARD. WELL WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR THE DEPOSIT TO BE MADE I RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE CONFIRMING THAT MY MONEY WOULD BE IN MY ACCOUNT JANUARY 27, 2010. WHEN THAT DAY CAME I CHECKED THE BALANCE ON MY CARD HAD BEEN REJECTED! I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WAS TOLD I ALL I HAD TO DO TO GET MY MONEY WAS FAX IN DOCUMENTS TO PROVE THAT I LIVE AT THE ADDRESS PROVIDED WHEN I APPLIED FOR THE CARD...WHICH BY THE WAY WAS NOT A PROCEDURE THAT COULD BE FOUND IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MANUAL THAT CAME WITH THE CARD. I WENT AHEAD AND FAXED IN THE DOCUMENTS THEY TOLD ME. HOWEVER THE NEXT DAY MY MONEY STILL WAS NOT ON MY CARD SO I CALLED YET AGAIN. I WAS PLACED ON HOLD AND WAS TOLD THAT I COULD NOT SPEAK WITH A SUPERVISOR. EACH TIME I CALLED AFTER THIS I WAS GIVEN A DIFFERENT PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW! MY MONEY HAS BEEN ON HOLD FOR 3 DAYS NOW AND I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHEN I WILL OR EVEN IF I WILL GET IT. WHEN I CALLED AND ASKED FOR THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY'S NAME I WAS GIVEN JIM JONES...BUT I THINK ITS A FAKE NAME. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND I STRONGLY SUGGEST ANYONE CONSIDERING APPLYING FOR A CARD WITH THEM TO PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   kimi1984 0 Votes
if your refund is rejected theres nothing account now can do it will go back to the irs and they will send you a paper check which will take 2 to 6 weeks. i am currently praying praying praying my pending deposit goes through in the morning my 2 little girls birthday depends on it. i am so worried its going to bounce back and i won't be able to give them the big fantastic party i wanted to give them. see i was raised in a very poor family. now that i'm an adult i make sure my kids don't have to do without anything they want or need. they will still get thier birthday party but gifts will have to wait a few weeks kinda sad. but i guess they wouldn't really care. if i get my money i am definitely transferring the funds into my bf's pre-paid wal-mart card. so cross your fingers and pray for us. i'll let you guys know at 6am what went down.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   shannon_louisiana 0 Votes
Well same thing here n My CARD has a hold on it because of the deposite that weree trying to go thru for tom. My tax refund is soupose to be there in the morning but now im being today they will be sent back because my husbands name is not on my account so they wont release the funds...They said it was in the terms and conditions but it was not they just started that this year. So in order to get access to my money on my card now I have to fax them my DL number SS card Ulitily bill and the 1st page frommy taxes to prove I am ME...This is abunch of BULLSHIT...I wont have this card anylonger after i get my money back...
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   carli66 0 Votes
Same story here. Refund went in on 1/29. My account was closed and I was told to fax documents to verify my ID. I did, but it still took a week for them to reply. I was then told that my check was rturned to the IRS. Two days later accountnow called again saying that my account was reopened and ready to use! They had lied about my refund being returned to the IRS and now they were telling my I could have access to my money. I removed what I could from the account only to be notified by email today that it is once again closed. I cannot even call them because I get an automated response and then disconnected. The email said to fax the documents once again, but I will not! I have contacted the BBB and they have contaced accountnow. I urge everyone here to do the same. I just hope that eventually we will get our money.
 17th of Feb, 2010 by   meanmommykitty 0 Votes
This company aggravates me. For all of you that are having this issue, please file a complaint with www.helpmewithmybank.gov. The actual bank name is Palm Desert National Bank. the CEO is in fact James Jones. Their PR Person is Dave Petrini and his direct line is 925 498 1848. My husband and I have the same crap happening to us. I filed a formal complaint with the federal reserve board. They cancelled his name off our account and opened up a completly new account without our knowledge after a theft of a card. So when our taxes hit, BOOM, no taxes. We sent in everything to have this reopened with no one returning any of my calls or emails. I have called the corporate office too many times. WE are reliant on our refund because he was laid off. Top it off they stated they rejected his state return, but they ahve not. They are still holding it ILLEGALLy after a week. As soon as all of this gets dealt with Im closing this out and moving my money elsewhere. I dont know what convinced me that this would be a good idea.
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   Verb82 +1 Votes
Same thing here! I am about to file a complaint at www.helpmewithmybank.gov because the IRS deposited my funds effective today and Account now is telling me its going to take 3-4 days before it becomes available. This was not the case last year! I have made payment arrangements to pay rent, light, gas, telephone and cable TODAY. I will be charged late fees and if the payment for rent isnt made today I will be taken to court. I am a single parent with 2 children. I work everyday and must budget and make plans for ends to meet! This is insane! Luckly! I opened a real bank account late last year..needless to say I'm closing this account as soon as my funds are available.
 2nd of Apr, 2010 by   tootie313 0 Votes
well i counted on account now for my tax return, i signed up for the card on-line and proceeded with my tax return using account now for my direct deposit. i received the card on time, i tried to activate it and the automated system told me i had the wrong birthday. now granted i thought no way, but excepted the fact i could have enter my b-day wrong. i followed the directions i was told. which was fax over my id, ss card, and a bill, I did so, even though i thought it was a bit much. now remind you at this time the Irs is still in the process of submitting my refund, it's to late to change it, so i'm listening intently following all direction a customer service rep told me she received it and to call back in 24 hrs . now my money is on my card. so i called bk now to find there telling me the only way to release my money or me to have access to it i need to fax over my w2. are they even allowed to tell or ask you things like that? that's not there job. I never heard a such thing before, that's my hard earned money, so after i calmed down i called bk and asked can my money be sent bk to the irs and i wont nothing else to do with that company, the service sucks...
 16th of Apr, 2011 by   Anointedyears 0 Votes
Well I'm having a problem with this card ...I had my pocketbook stolen and call for a replacement card...the person I spoke with told me that I would recieved my new card in seven working days...that was find I wasn't expecting my direct deposits to come until the 1st and the 3rd of April...and my pocketbook was stolen around the 20th of March...well when I didn't recieved my card I gave the benifit of the doubt...considering where the bank is located and the mailing system...still no card...now it's around the time for my direct deposit...I called AccountNow and the person that I spoke to didn't even put the request threw to be processed...so the person I was speaking to put in for another card and said it should not interfer with your direct deposit...now my direct deposit which is my diability SSI and SSDI was sent... it was not deposited...it was sent back...called customer service and there was no direct deposit...and I called Social Security and there records showed that they sent it...so I called accountnow back and they said that the card was mailed but when the direct deposit came in they sent it back... I said what do that have to do with my checking account...that remain the same...alot of ring around the rosy...So I went to the social security off in my county...now it April 11th on a Monday...the SS represenative said that my SSI was returned and it
will be reissued into my direct deposit account on Wednesday and it was...still haven't recieved my replacement card yet but was able to pay some bills that except electronic checks...Now I'm waiting on my Social Security Disablity check...that's another department so I have to wait for them to do their processing procedure. This has been a month!!!
 13th of May, 2011 by   YofefGold 0 Votes
I've had great luck using this company with direct deposit and a tax return. I use it because of the checks they send for free. I've had identity fraud issues in the past so it's a great help! It's also great for paypal because you receive the money the next day after transferring it to your bank. I've always had great customer service with the Gold Visa Account and they waive your account fee if you deposit $2, 500 a month, which I always do. When I disputed a transaction and sent in the affidavit, they promptly issued me a new card and refunded my account within a week. I've never had a lost transaction or any odd activity.
 9th of Sep, 2011 by   toradrake1andonly 0 Votes
I had forgotten my pin number and called in to have my phone number changed because the old phone number that I opened my account with was no longer available and I could not remember it. They told me that I can change the pin in 24 hours. I called 24 hours later to change it only to find out that the number was never changed and there was no record of my call and the said I had to wait another 24 hours. I needed access to my money now. No matter what I told them they refused to help me, so I asked for corporates number and she would not give it to me. So I came to this site and used the number. I called and spoke with the disputes department, after a LONG wait on the line. Finally I spoke with someone at the corporate office. She was nice and calm about the whole thing. She changed the information on my account and then went through the activation and pen number change with me and had my card unlocked and everything fixed. Although they did help me out at the dispute department, I should never have gone through the hassle in the first place.
 18th of Feb, 2012 by   pechee 0 Votes
ATTENTION EVERYONE... I TOO HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY THESE GUYS. I DO KNOW THAT IF WE GO AFTER THEM INDIVIDUALLY LIKE WE ALL HAVE BEEN DOING ALREADY, YOU GET NOWHERE. IF WE STICK TOGETHER AND FILE A COMPLAINT WELL I KNOW THAT A COMPLAINT BY HUNDREDS AT ONE TIME WILL GET THEIR ATTENTION. THE SHEER NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF AND STOLEN FROM IS CRIMINAL. ALL OF OUR STORIES ARE SO SIMILAR. I WILL SEARCH FOR LEGAL HELP AND IF SOMEONE ELSE HAS IDEAS OF WHO COULD REPRESENT ALL OF US LET ME KNOW. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE WILL GET THEIR ATTENTION AND FINALLY GET OUR MONEY BACK. EMAIL ME AT KKDOGS6@HOTMAIL.COM
THANK YOU ... WE CAN DO THIS PEOPLE IF WE STICK TOGETHER...
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   candy girl 0 Votes
Account now what a rip off i made a 313.00 purchase at att then i canceled the purchase the purchase was made on 02/09/2013 and canceled that same day i called account now to see when will my money be refunded back to my card they told me on the 02/22/2013 but it can be sooner if att fax a cancellation letter to them so they did a week ago and account now says they never got the fax the letter was faxed 6 times and every time i call them i get the run around watch out for the they will hold ur money as hostage
Diamond
 10th of Aug, 2013 by   Rogeek 0 Votes
To whom it may concern. I have been with the accountnow Debit/visa, since sept. 2011. Well, I never hjad any issues or problems with them until this early summer. I went to use the Card at my new Bank in Savannah, Ga. and my new bank ' s fraud detect system grabbed the Card & shred it, before I got back to the Bank to ask about it. I thought that this was rather odd, but when I tol;d them, my new Bank's draud manager whon thw card was with, he saisd he was not ssurprised at all that his fraud detect system ate & shred the card. they have had a lot oif fraudellant transactions involving the Bancorp & accountnow, from San Ramon, CA. they told me. Well, I called up bancorp/accountnow & re[ported what happenened & they sent me a new visa/debit Card 10 days later { very efficient mailing system; it's called too cheap to have it over-nighted/fedexed like other proper banks do in the same instance} Well, now I get the card & activate it & begin using the new card & account. well, all hell started happening with transactions un authorised & I had to go thru rhe paper process of reporting it all at my expense & TIME!!. WELL, TO THIS DAY I HAVE NOR RECEIVED ANY EXPLANATIONS OR REFUNDS FROM ACCOUNTNOW/BANCORP OF SAN RAMON, CA.. WHAT THEY DID WAS SEND ME ANOTHER NEW CARD AGAAIN& THAT TOOK ONLY 8 DAYS TO ARRIVE> WOW, AN IMPROVEMENT!!! WELL, IT WORKS FINE AS A DEBIT CARD, BUT CANNOT GET ON-LINE WITH IT TO USE IT FOR ANTHING & HAVE NOT BEEN ABLW TO RAISE A REAL ACTUAL EMPLYEE ON THE 4 PHONE #'S I HAVE FOR THEM!!! So, I withdrew all that was left on the card using the debit sysytem at a nice store I do business with here all the time & THAT'S IT!!! I'M DONE WASTING MY TIME WITH THEM I ALRADY OPENED A NEW DEBIT SYSTEM UP FOR FREE DIRECT DE[POSITS & NO MINIMUMS WITH FEES EVERY MONTH LIKE BANCORP DOES. I HAVE REPORTED THEEM NOW TWICE TO THE AYYORNEY GENERAL"S OFFICE OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS IN CA. & WASHINGTON, DC & ALSO THE BBB OF SAN RAMON & THE STATE OF CA. EVIDENTLY OUR GOV'T IS TO BUSY COVERING IT'S OWN ASSES WITH OTHER PRESSING ISSUES!!! I HAVE NEVER IN MY 64 YEARS ENCOUNTERED SUCH AN ARROGANT BUNCH OF PEOPLE & ALSO, BORDERING ON THE AREA OF BEONG " IMBECILES " .
 13th of Feb, 2014 by   earlmrt2 0 Votes
my tax refund was deposited into my account and to this day it has not shown up in my account. they have no # to call a live person im thinking of cancelling my card if this keeps up
 19th of Feb, 2014 by   tarinahoward 0 Votes
This company is full of scam artist. If you want or need YOUR money do not use account now. They have held over 35000 between 8 different people. We are in the process of initiating a class action law suit. This company did not give any reason for blocking cards or holding funds. We have all sent these people our entire life and all documents to prove identity. I have never had a bank handle business like this. Please email brandonthinks@yahoo.com with contact info to join a class action lawsuit against ACCOUNTNOW.
 25th of Jul, 2014 by   Caramel96 0 Votes
I am glad to see that so many people posted their experiences with Accountnow. I received a card in the mail and I thought about activating it but before doing so I decided to read the reviews and I changed my mind. I actually cut up the card. I don't have time for people to be messing around with my money.

Credit Card Fraud in Call Centre Exposed Via BBC Sting Operation in Delhi India