logo

Executive Eyewear
Poor Service
4. (50 mins ago)
Edreams
Mistake done by eDreams employee cost me 700 euros and they don't want to resolve the issue
5. (54 mins ago)
United Lending Services
Fake services

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

AccountCare, Fort Worth, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Finding ways to deny my claim

AccountCare Contacts & Informations

AccountCare

Posted:    William

Finding ways to deny my claim

Citibank
P.O. Box 901095
Fort Worth, Texas
Phone: 877-524-5985
citibank.com
I was laid off involuntarily on March 14, 2008. Prior to that, I called Sears to enroll in AccountCare just in case I was included in the next wave of layoffs. Once I was laid off, I called AccountCare to file a claim. They told me I had to be unemployed continuously for at least 30 calendar days from my layoff date in order to make a claim. No problem, I have two Orchard Bank accounts with their own account protection services that told me the same thing. 30 days passed and I filled out the paperwork they sent me 10 days after I called to make a claim, so this is now 40 days after my layoff date. 10 days after that, I received a letter from them saying that they need proof that I am receiving unemployment benefits. I mail them copies of the award letter and some unemployment check stubs. 10 days after that, i receive another letter saying that they need proof that I worked at least 30 consecutive days prior to my job loss and that I worked over 30 hours per week also. So almost two months after my job loss date, I send them pay stubs proving that I worked full time for over 30 days prior to being laid off. I finally get a letter from AccountCare saying that they are closing my file because the check stubs I sent them were incomplete and didn't prove I worked each and every day prior to being laid off. Recently, I called them to follow up and see what they wantd specifically. The girl on the phone was nice and she said all I needed to send them was umemployment check stubs and a new application since they were bought out by a new company (from Kansas City, MS to Fort Worth, TX). Great, that's easy. I sent the info. 10 days later, I receive another letter saying that they will also need an "Employer's Statement on company letterhead indicating [I] was employed 30 days before my job loss and/or paystubs showing this information. " So, the girl I spoke to didn't know to tell me to also send in a letter from my previous employer on company letterhead. So I had their HR department fax to AccountCare that letter they needed. Ever since March I have been making the monthly payment for Sears and also that AccountCare fee for the balance that remains. We'll see if that letter that was faxed was good enough or if they will pull something else out of their sleeves to deny my claim. I'll keep you posted.
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Oct, 2008 by   broke_n_tennessee 0 Votes
I am having the same problem with AccountCare. My husband was diagnosed with cancer in May 2008. It is now the end of October and I am no further ahead with this company than day one. The last phone call today was unreal. They told me that they couldn't process my claim because the dates on the form appeared to be altered. I fillled this out myself and the doctor filled out the other half. I understand the importance of dates for disability claims... c'mon now. Any ways, today in the mail I receive two letters. One dated 10/22 stating they need the "company letterhead" proving my husband had a job and 15 days to turn it in. The second letter dated 10/23 stated that they had not received the information in time therefore the claim was denied. What a bunch of crap! I contacted Sears and expressed my disgust. I contacted AccountCare and got nowhere. I contacted Sears Presidential Team by email today. I also contacted the local media via email. I will be letting everyone know that Sears AccountCare is a scam.
 26th of Mar, 2009 by   Kenny 0 Votes
I am in the same boat. My husband lost his job in November 2008. We forgot we had been paying for Account Care so a Sears rep informed us that we should pursue a claim. We filed our first claim on 12/2008. I waited about 10-15 days and finally contacted them and they lost our paperwork. They had to send us out another form. We filed this form 01/2009 and because of a missed ( x ) on the form they could not process it and did not bother to send a note or make a call letting us know this. So, I called again to find this out and they had to send us another form. Finally, we filed our last form in 3/2009. This time we faxed it and kept calling each day until we had confirmation they got it. We were told by our first representative that our claim would be processed in the next 10 days and our payments to our charge would then be made. I called 10 days after this and spoke to another rep that said that information was not correct and I had to be patient with them because there were other unemployed applicants just like us. I finally got so fed up I spoke with a supervisor and he said that he would rush my application so that we'd be taken care of. That did not work either. I called back the next day and I spoke to yet another rep that was very rude and she told me that our claim had been denied because my husband got a seasonal job almost 35 days after losing his primary job. This seasonal position cost us our benefits because Account Care does not care if you keep food on the table for your family. My husband got that job because his unemployment would not kick in for another 9 weeks. Well, his seasonal job ended right after the holidays and still no results with Account Care. We have been dealing with them for a total of 4 months. If it were not for two of their nicest reps...I would have given up a long time ago. These two reps were very professional and talked me through what I need to do next. I am going to take their advice and keep you posted as I move one step closer to getting my benefits from Account Care.
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   Looking for Justice 0 Votes
These Motherfu@#$% have been stringing me along since june of 2008and still find unbelieveable ways to screw with you. I lost my job early last year activated my claim with three of my cards and the two B of A and Wells Financial had diffrent Credit protection companies that had no question just fill out the form and send us verification of past employment (no problem). And that was it NO PROBLEM!!! they started paying right away, BUT NO not ACCOUNTCARE they want you to starve have no income and to continue to make your payments untill their aproval staff gets to it, in the mean time you are broke cant afford the payment and are doing their job by faxing, getting letters notorized, spending money you don't have and trying to keep up with your payments. NOW since my wife's income dosen't even cover the mortage i had to stop paying on my citibank sears gold mastercard and due to accountcare not obligating themselfs to do what they are contracted to do and just shovling more paperwork towards you my citibank was closed for no payments and i explained that the rep when i nopened the card PROMISED ME that it would be such an easy process and with just a phone call and a simple form to fill out benifets would start right away...YA RIGHT... I think AccountCare is just a SCAM COMPANY and i am contemplating calling Michel Finny with" 7 on your side" a local news investigator here in san francisco and bring this company to get some answers to the people that they continue to swindle every month. I feel for all my fellow accountcare hostages cause that is what they are doing "keeping us financially hostage" and it must stop. Good Luck to all and i will keep you updated with whatever ridicoulous antics they come up with next.
 17th of May, 2009 by   Lucymarie 0 Votes
Account Care Is a Joke and so is Sears for selling this CRAMP to it's customers.
 27th of May, 2009 by   tonniperez 0 Votes
Never get AccountCare is a scam company. I have been unemployed since november 2008. I send them all the documents they ask for, and never is good enough. People should be aware of this company bullsh*t!
 13th of May, 2013 by   sears client 0 Votes
My husband and I had this account for years. When he was hospitalized and can no longer work at his job he was also layed off and collected unemployment. When I contacted Account care, they asked to fill out the paperwork they mailed me with proof which I did. Being good clients to SEARS, we pay or bills on time. They refused to pay anything for the time he was hospitalized or layed off because we PAID OUR BILL IN FULL ON THE STATEMENT DATE. So good paying customers get PENALIZED. SHAME ON YOU SEARS for promoting this SCAM!!!
Mr & mrs Herold
 11th of Dec, 2014 by   LLindsey 0 Votes
I feel the same way. I tried to receive this benefit and they also denied my claim. Even though I have paid continuously for their service since I lost my job in 2011. As said by many people, I pay in good faith for this service and should receive these benefits at any time. Not just a certain window of time.

Money Saving Tips: Shopping