logo

Account Assure Contacts & Informations

Account Assure

Posted: 2011-01-18 by    scoonie999

I was lied to

I have had a Giant Eagle Credit Card for years, with no issue. I called to change my address and the girl said to me, "you pay your balance off every month, you're a prime candidate for this service". It's this service to pay off your credit card if you are laid off or disabled. She said that it cost's 1.99 for every $100 of your outstanding balance, and you get a $25 credit for enrolling. I thought, why not? It's a free $25 credit. Well of course I get my next bill, and I'm charged $12 for their stupid service. I immediately called Account Assure and complained and the guy said that it is 1.99 per 100 of your average daily balance. Well, that is not what was portrayed, and I would have never signed up for that...Fine, there was a misunderstanding, I would like to cancel and would like a refund for that first month of service. Of course they can't refund the first month because the "trial period" has ended. What the hell is the trial period?? I didn't get laid off in the last month, what exactly was I supposed to try? What a joke!! It's my own fault for being gullible I guess, but I can't stand dishonest and misleading marketing, and that's exactly what this was
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Jun, 2011 by   KMcD -1 Votes
Account Assure has 'taken' many people by all I've read, heard, and experienced. I never signed an agreement, nor requested the service, however I rarely use the charge card (Victoria's Secret) and seldom carry a balance. BUT. The first time I called them in '09 was frustratingly pointless. I may have got the $2 back, I don't remember, but I DO know I told them to cancel the service I never authorized. I just noticed their charge today. (as I said, rarely used, rare to have a balance but I was on vacation and forgot to pay) I will call as soon as I catch their business hours, but this is typical and wastes my time. Please make sure they canceled as you requested!! CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS.
 28th of Dec, 2011 by   Agent 007 -1 Votes
I actually work for a call center, and I sell account assure. Just know we do NOT sign people up that do not want the service. You must agree to the service, it is a lot of people's fault, because we have an "assumptive sale" script, and say, "So let's sign you up today, so you'll have 30 days to review the service and then make a decision to KEEP the service, okay?" People just say, "Okay!" These people are driving, standing in line at the grocer's, have babies on their hips, bags in their hands etc... they are just trying to get off the phone and do not listen, and just go with "Okay!" ... Then they complain and whine, "I never signed up for that!" But, we have all calls recorded, and before ANYONE's card is charged, the calls are revised and monitored. In fact, the customer has to give us their credit card number... we don't even have access to it. SO that being said, ANYONE that states they had no idea they were signed up for Account Assure is either A)Lying, or B)Didn't listen to what was going on in the phone call. Dealing with credit cards, you must be all ears! :)
 6th of Feb, 2012 by   amiturbo -1 Votes
so agent007, are u in florida, georgia or tn? those are the only offices that do inbound. i'll assume you're in florida So you sign this disclosure with the company we both work for (yes i work there too!) that you're not to share the insider information about the product or company. and you just gave a part of the script verbatim. Oh and for the people that are naysayers about this, why give up ur credit card info? Seriously. We don't have ur card on file.
 6th of Feb, 2012 by   amiturbo -1 Votes
*inbound for account assure sign ups.
 8th of Feb, 2012 by   ew.com +1 Votes
I actually work for this service as well and it is actually a pretty good thing to have. Although, the customers do need to understand that we never say it's 1.99 a month -- it is 1.99 per 100 of the outstanding monthly balance, so if your monthly bill reads 600.00 expect like a $12 charge for the service! We do not pressure anyone into buying the service all we do is tell them about the great benefits that do come along with the service, they are pretty good. So if you can afford a back up service, totally, pick account assure up today!!!
 24th of May, 2012 by   ocmom1975 0 Votes
i got scammed into the service as well because the customer service rep assured me that i would only get charged on my outstanding balance after my minimum payment was due. since i always pay my bill in full, i figured why not sign up and get the free $25 gift card. apparently they've been charging me on my total monthly balance and i wasn't even aware that i even had the service. when you get the information packet, it misleads you to think that you need to send back a signed disclosure to activate your account (and get your free gift card). since i didn't sign it because i read that i was ineligible (you needed to have a job, and i'm a stay at home mom now) i never returned the disclosure and thought that my policy was not activated. this company operates like a SCAM, and there should be a class action lawsuit against them!!
 23rd of Jul, 2012 by   HCA 0 Votes
Account Assure also tried to scam me. It was either the Victoria's Secret agent that helped me register my Angel credit card or the Account Assure scumbags. I MADE SURE I FIRMLY SAID "NO" MORE THAN ONCE TO THE ACCOUNT ASSURE OFFER and I still got it... I got charged and everything. It was only 56 cents but I made sure they took it off. I don't pay A CENT to a company I didn't ask service from. Check your statements. Don't be one of the thousands these people steal from. 56 cents here, a dollar there... This company knows how to make money. They assume people will shrug off the few cents they got charged. Nope, not me.
 10th of Aug, 2012 by   jbyrd27 0 Votes
The terms and conditions of this service are portrayed in a sneaky fashion. They make it sound like you only get charged if you carry a balance on the card, so when I saw the charge on the card I paid in full and called to complain, they said as soon as you use the card it's considered a balance. Seriously? CANCELLED! I wonder how many people don't look at their statements and are being scammed by this company
 15th of Aug, 2012 by   britt87 0 Votes
How does the Account Assure Involuntary Unemployment Benefits work? It says "Account Assure can cancel your Victoria's Secret Credit Card balance IN FULL, if you become involuntarily unemployed from a full-time job for at least 60 consecutive days." So if I sign up for the service and I become unemployed for 60 consecutive days, the erase my entire balance? Is that what that means or how does that work?
 16th of Oct, 2012 by   sickntired2 +1 Votes
This is in response to "amiturbo". You may never have signed up anyone who said "no" but it has now happened to me twice. I opened a credit card at a major department store on Sept. 20. I was not asked in-store if I wanted Account Assure. A few days later I get the call from Account Assure complete with the "script". I said I did not want it. End of conversation. I just received my first statement and added to the balance was Account Assure's fee. I immediately called them and spoke to someone who cancelled me out and said she would issue a refund. I then spoke to a supervisor who said I had gone on-line and signed up for Account Assure on Sept. 20!! I told him that was bogus. If I had signed up on-line why would I have received a phone call a few days later asking if I wanted to enroll. Check your statements, people!!!
 26th of Nov, 2012 by   pennyjane 0 Votes
I just signed up for this service for my Angels card and my NY and Company card and I really didn't understand the terms but felt it was necessary service. I checked my NY and Company statement and it turns out they charged me 70 cents. Yes, it is a small amount but I don't need to worry about paying out more money to people. After reading all of this, I will call and cancel ASAP.
 7th of Dec, 2012 by   mdlgolson 0 Votes
Also in response to amiturbo, we haven't used our card in over two years, so no need to call and speak to anyone in a call center who would be offering this service and signing people up based off a trick of a scrip. Today we received an email stating we are signed up for this service, again haven't used or called about this card in over two years, so you cannot tell me that you never sign people up without their permission!
 17th of Dec, 2012 by   KardKiller 0 Votes
Thank GOD I was able to cancel my account over the phone after about my fifth attempt to call this company. I was credited almost 3 dollars back. The assumptive sales wording really through me off and I didn't want to be charged extra after paying off the full amount on my statement! I will be paying much more close attention next time I activate a store card.
 15th of Jan, 2013 by   Curly fries 0 Votes
I used to work for their vendor in Itasca, IL and will tell you to not call to activate ANY card unless it says to call for activation. If you applied at a store to make a purchase it's already activated. This is a tad unethical but not illegal to put a sticker on the card to call in. The reps get treated like dogs and paid even worse. The managers call the customers idiots when they have to take a call. Keep complaining, people. Maybe these people will be put out of business.
 7th of Feb, 2013 by   comewhatmay1126 0 Votes
I also have a Victoria's Secret card and I particularly remember calling about a year ago or so cancelling this exact feature, because yes I consented to having it for a while when I was working part time and having some issues, but after that I didn't need it anymore so I called and cancelled. I haven't used my card in quite a few months so for Christmas this year I bought 37.00 worth of stuff and went to pay it off. Long story short, all of a sudden I'm getting a new statement saying that my balance was 1.25 because of this Account Assure bullcrap that I cancelled a year ago. So this is ridiculous. After I am paid off with this card, I'm cancelling it just so I don't have to deal with it anymore.
 18th of Apr, 2013 by   Cold in Everett 0 Votes
I would like to open a claim with Assure, but would rather speak to someone in the USA. (hard of hearing) My hubby lost his job 18months ago, and we have been struggling to make ends meet on 1/4 of the income we had. I have to admit I have been avoiding the phone calls. We still don't have the money to make CC payments. Any help from someone on the inside how to actually USE the account insurance?
 16th of May, 2013 by   CherylR13 0 Votes
Everyone Please do not sign up for this service. The agent on the phone telling that you do not have to pay anything as long as your card is paid off monthly is just trying to hit their "quota" and make their commissions sales. The calls ARE recorded and if you experience this scam please lodge a complaint. The only way to keep people from being frauded in the future is for you to use your voice. This company needs to know that bait and switching a customer is not moral and will not be tolerated. I will look up more information and post again where you should go to complete these complaints. The company is banking that the amount charge is not worth your time, and you will just let it go. DO not be this person!!!
 17th of May, 2013 by   infekted 0 Votes
I used to work for a company that sold acct assure and i can say that it would have been pretty hard to accidently be enrolled in account assure. We had to read 3 scripts get 3 yes's and then read another script after those 3 and get another yes then you were enrolled. Ive seen the program do some good things for people who needed it when you have a 6000 dollar balance and get laid off its nice to know you dont have to worry because you are covered. We did not make commision from sales either the job was an hourly wage job. I cant say personally i would buy the product but i have life insurance
 29th of Jun, 2013 by   Gangstalean 0 Votes
Amiturbo, false. Inbound calls are taken in 3 different locations in Ohio as well as Colorado and South Carolina.
 4th of Aug, 2013 by   kalifradnanza 0 Votes
I just made the mistake of signing up for this product and am planning on calling and un-enrolling tomorrow. Has anyone had any problems with un-enrolling and then still being charged?

Last Year's Wall St vs Main St Predictions