logo

Posted:    T8lo

Fraudulent company

Access Warranty
accesswarranty.com
On 8/22/2007 my wife and I Purchased the "Choice Protection Plan" - sold as a 60 month 100, 000 mile extended warranty on 2 vehicles -$1, 808 on 2002 Dodge Ram and $1, 867 on 1999 Lexus LS400.(Total $3, 675) We were told we would have 30 days to review material and cancel with zero deductable. On 9/10/07, following review of the information, we determined the warranty would not work for us - too many restrictions and exclusions {ie: warranty invalidated if oil changes every 4 months or 4, 000 miles were not completed at a commercial service facility} I often do my own oil changes and we are sometimes away from home for extended periods of time as we are retired. We contacted "Paul" at Access Warranty on 9/10/2007. He asked us to fax a request to cancel - we complied and he advised us the policies would be cancelled effective 9/13/2007 saying everything was taken care of and we did not need to do anything further. On 10/9/07 my wife noted that the charges were still posted to our American Express account. We again called Access Warranty and were told our policies were cancelled effective 9/13/07 however, the credit to our American Express account was not issued because we did not return the radiator additive "The Choice" which was sent to us - {our understanding was this was sent as a complimentary additive which we were told to immediately add to our radiators upon receipt.} We were never told to return their "product". We have filed 2 disputes with American Express and they have been unable to resolve this matter. Apparently the company is saying we purchased a product warranty - not an extended vehicle warranty - and we failed to return their "product". I disposed of the radiator additive 9/10/2007 after "Paul" with Access Warranty told us our "policies" would be cancelled 9/13/07 and said we did not need to do anything else. Anyone can walk into any automotive parts store and buy a bottle of radiator additive for $10.00 or less. This company is selling a radiator additive with a product warranty which they are marketing as an extended vehicle warranty. When you attempt to cancel - even within the 30 day time limit they keep your money and do not return calls.

On the internet I located a story posted by KOMO 4 Problem Solvers radio in Lakewood Washington regarding "The Choice" a California company doing business under half a dozen different names. A couple in Lakewood Washington purchased what they thought was an extended warranty through a car dealership under the name "Safe Choice" when they attempted to make a claim their policy was cancelled.

The State of Washington's Insurance Comissioner - Mr. Krider states hundreds of Washington consumers bought product warranties that "aren't worth the paper they are printed on". The article says that KOMO radio's interaction with the state insurance comissioner disclosed that - although the consumer believes he or she is purchasing an extended vehicle warranty what the consumer purchased is "not a warranty for their truck. [vehicle] They got a product warranty for an 8-ounce bottle of radiator additive." When the product was shown to Mr. Kinder and he was asked for his reaction "he laughed. And he didn't mince words. I think it's a license to steal." As a result the state of Washington has changed some of their consumer protection laws.
I believe this company to be involved in deceptive and fradulent business practices - no one in their right mind would knowingly pay $3, 675 for 2 bottles of radiator additive regardless of their "product warranty".

PLEASE HELP, BEFORE OTHER CONSUMERS ARE VICTOMS OF THIS TYPE OF FRAUDULENT/DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICE.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jan, 2011 by   B. Johnson 0 Votes
Thank you for all this information. I to found them through the internet. I thought it was nice of someone to call so quickly. BUT Could not get "Corey" off the phone. Very high pressure. Kept dropping the price and wanting address and credit card info for 30 day trial. We are retired but geese, these people now have called 4 times in one day. I let it go to the machine yet they don't leave a message. My next call is going to a state agency to file a complaint. I feel sorry for people on a budget or unsuspecting people getting ripped off. They need to be shut down. Boiler room comes too mind. And their license is in Florida...hummmmm
 15th of Jan, 2011 by   B. Johnson +1 Votes
These companies must be stopped.
 4th of May, 2012 by   PAt Ferguson +1 Votes
horrilbe customer service and they do not honor their contact, would not recommend to any one, have been working on a refund since last Sept. and have talked to customer service on many occasions along with management and was told that they will be sending me check. I talked to them on 4/27/12 and told that a superisor would be calling me and I hhave not heard from, had a transmission problem last year and they made all kind of excuses not to honor the contact, things like oil changes were needed in I order to get the transmisson work done, even through I had all my receipts they still made all kinds of excuses, the
atuo repair shop said that a lot of warranty co. do that in order to get out of covering the repair work beacuse oil changes don'tI t
have anything to do with the transmission. I was in a auto accident last Sept. and my car got totaled and when your vehical gets
totaled they have to refund you a certain persentage of what was paid and we had paid off the warranty in full last May. If WE don't get a refund in the next 30 days this info. will me turned over to the BBB and Consumer complaint etc.
Pat Ferguson,
 20th of Sep, 2012 by   Kahleeka +1 Votes
My elderly friend also canceled a 4 year policy after 2 years. Multiple phone calls, emails - gets the run around every time. He is out $700.00. Total scam company!
 25th of Jun, 2013 by   jumbuck48 0 Votes
I'm out of $2500 this company did not honor the claim I filed and when I was wanted to cancel and did I can not get any refund. I was only told that the company closed there doors and no refund. The number I called was Access Warranty so I do believe they are still in business cheating people.
 25th of Jun, 2013 by   jumbuck48 0 Votes
Some one need to stop this people I lost $2500. No claim honored, when I cancelled no refund

Scam The Scammers