Acai-Fit

Acai-Fit
1414 Rosemary Ln
Naples, Florida
Phone: 866-626-4109
Ordered Acai-Fit weight loss pills online. They advertise Free Trial for 1 month if you just pay shipping. Sounds good but you are billed $74.82 after 14 days of using the product! This is completely nonrefundable. At that point you can only stop future shipments. It defiantly takes more time to see if a product works. Even though I saw no effects, they still charged me. Do yourself a favor READ THE FINE PRINT. Not a mistake I will make again! Don't be fooled. If it seems to be too good to be true...IT IS.
Complaint comments Comments (56) Complaint country United States Complaint category Diet Products

Comments

16th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
oh yea, they got me too, ... the day after I ordered the product on line, I was contacted by their sales team.. Neither the salemans nor his supervisor spoke clearly..I insisted that i wanted nothing to do with any other promotions, discounts vip programs or any other product besides the free trial for which I would only pay shipping..On the very next business day after the 14day period elasped I too receieved a charge for $74.82.. I called the number provided by my bank spoke with their customer service person who offered to reduce the charge to $35.00... I explained I was no advised of te $74.82 cost and I still had the product used/unopened.
They would not accept a return after their 14day period and refused to discuss anyother arrangments, suggested that I read the terms and conditions more carefully ..
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Wish I had read this sooner - however I have no number at which to reach them. Canyou provide all contact info that you have ASAP - thank you!
 27th of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I sorry, I cant seem to locate it, but I got it from my bank... Your bank may have the number, although it will take several attempts to get thru to someone once you have the number.. I also cancelled my bank card and file a fraud complaint with the bank... It was inconvienant but effective.. My banks repre advised me that they have received hundreds of complaints regard Acai-fit ... keep in mind the colon cleanses is a separate company and you will have to deal with them in addition to Acai.. I will continue to look for my documentation and will advise you if I locate that number... good luck.
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Wish i had done more research on this before ordering from Acai-fit. I only ordered it a few hours ago and then i got the confirmation email but had no contact info either by phone or email. I got worried. and Called the credit card company and they gave me this number 866-626-4109. I called but office closed at 5pm est. but they did provide an email address that one can put in cancellation request per the message. I did that and told them that i do not want any future shipments nor do i want any products that generates recurring charges. I expressed my concern to the credit card company and asked for advice. They said start with calling and getting a cancellation confirmation. And then if that still does not stop them then i have to contact the credit card company again.
 9th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hi!! I'm in the same situation =(!! I called the office and they were closed =(, I can't understand the email address they provide... can you please give me the address you got???
 17th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I copied the T&Cs from their website. It has the e-mail address, but no phone number (of course). I cancelled within the 14 days, so we'll see what happens. My husband warned me this would be a scam...he was right (but don't tell him)!

Acai-fit Terms and Conditions
Free trial available to U.S. customers only.
Limited one free trial per household.

Start your RISK-FREE Trial now to receive a full 30- day supply of Acai-Fit Cleansing Formula. Just pay $4.95 shipping and processing. You will have 14 days to try this product and see the results for yourself. Your trial begins the day you place your order. If you enjoy Acai-Fit Cleansing Formula, and want to continue to detoxify your body, simply do nothing- at the end of your free trial period you will be charged the discount price of $79.95 ... that's a 30% savings! If, for ANY reason, you decide that Acai-Fit Cleansing Formula is not for you, simply email RMA@Acai-Fit.net, within 14 days of your order date for an RMA number and return instructions.

Then, return the unused portion of the product within 21 days of your order date along with your RMA number (even if it is empty) and you will NEVER be billed. No commitments, no hassles. Plus, when you accept this RISK-FREE Trial, you will also receive a FREE membership in the Acai-Fit VIP Guaranteed Supply Program. That means you will continue to get a fresh supply of Acai-Fit Cleansing Formula approximately every 30 days for the low price of $79.95, plus shipping & handling of $4.95. No commitments, no hassles. Cancel anytime. Your complete satisfaction is our primary goal!
 20th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I tried calling the phone number that is in the terms and conditions (866-626-4109) during the middle of their working hours and was given 2 options - press 1 or 2. Both options went to a recorded message telling you to email them or go to the website. I then tried the website to cancel future shipments and cannot locate a place to enter that. If I have to I will cancel my card.

I located what is basically the same products in stores for less than $10.00 per bottle.

KJR
 28th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I called 866-626-4109, pressed option 1, then 2 and then waited for a rep who answered. She was courteous and promptly cancelled my account, gave me a confirmation # and an RMA #.

You must mail the bottle ( even if it is empty) - I mean pronto - back with that RMA #, or they will charge you for keeping the bottle. Make sure you get a Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office and call them back to make sure they got your bottle.

Have them email you a confirmation with all cancellation numbers etc.
Keep a record of all emails / phone calls and cc yourself on all emails so that you know that the email was delivered.

This situation can be managed - just be on top of it- and mishaps /unhappiness may be prevented.
I am first -time natural vitamin buyer.

Sincerely,
Chez
 28th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I ordered my free trial on 10/12/09. I received my confirmation for what I believed to be Acai Fit but it turns out both the confirmation and the FED EX tracking email were both connected to the Medicolon Cleanser. Also, this cleanser website address is trendyacai.com. When you go to that website it connects to the Acai Fit home page not the Medicolon Cleanser website. In addition, I received an email from GroceryShopperClub.com with the subject line reading Grocery. When I found out today that money was withdrawn from my account for Medicolon Cleanser when I hadn't believed I had authorized it, I was furious!! I checked all of my confirmation emails and not one of them was for Acai Fit. Then when I checked my trash bin to see if I accidentally deleted it, I discovered I had deleted the GroceryShopperClub.com as spam mail. Luckily, I haven't emptied my trash bin for a while! Anyway, when I opened the GroceryShopperClub email it mentioned my 30 day trial and that I had 21 days to cancel my order or I would be charged 29.63 per month. I believe this it the Acai Fit website because it mentions diet info. This is a total scam and I live paycheck to paycheck and this withdrawl is causing me hardship. I do not understand with so many complaints, how this company continues to be in business. They are using many news media advertisements and I am curious to know if they have a clue what they are affiliating themselves with. Lastly, I received an email on 10/26/09 telling me I had to return my Acai Fit and it had to be postmarked by 10/27/09. I didn't check my email on the 26th or 27ths so I did not have enough advance notice to comply with request. I am going to check on this further and if I find out any additional information. I will keep you posted. Good Luck!!
 1st of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I ordered there product 6 days ago for the free trial. I knew there was going to be a charge. you ALWAYS have to scroll threw the fine printed terms of agreement and look for the hidden $$$$$. ((I know because google got me for $80 dollars and not until after a few unpretty words and threats did I receive my money back))

You have to email them ----RMA@Acai-Fit.net------- and tell them to cancel. BE AGGRESSIVE they will keep promoting it. They tried until I used a few words, lawyer, suing, lawsuits, until they backed down.

Then, call your bank, and change your card number IMMEDIATELY!!! I cannot stress this enough. ASAP. They may still try to tap your account.

Finally, do NOT, i repeat, do NOT DELETE YOUR CANCELLATION EMAIL! or any email you had sent or received from them. If in any case anything goes wrong, you can use this against them.

Good luck. You have to be aggressive. Have no mercy ladies and gents!!
 1st of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Acai-Fit - taking money out of checking account
Acai-FIt
1414 Rosemary Lane
Naples
Florida
acaifit.com

I went on this website to get the 30 day supposedly free trial offer and ended up paying approximately $6.00 for shipping of the product. Now I get this crap in the mail every two weeks and these people are taking $80 out of my checking account at least once or twice a month. I just want my money back. I cannot get an answer on the one phone number I found for these people. I just want to send this acai berry stuff back and get my money back because it does not work!!! Thank you

Carla Nash
10370 Settles Road
Cadet MO 63630
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
hey guys...dont listen to the recording when you call...they know d*@n well there is no place on the website to cancell your order, , , i called pressed the number 1 (which by the way is the option button if you want to PLACE AN ORDER;waited for a rep, which took forever and then said i would like to cancell. take no crap guys if they tell you to go to the website or email..tell them you would like a RMA number by phone!!
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I ordered this product and tried for a few days to cancel and finally today(11/03/09) I got thru to 1-866-626-4109 and got and RMA # and cancellation #. The rep stated if I don't send the bottle back before the 16th of Nov. I will be billed. Im sending bottle back TODAY !!!
Although I didn't use the product therefore I have no feedback as far as good or bad. However the reason I didn't use is because I was afraid of all the negative I read online.

Good Luck everyone.
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I called the number today and also was on hold forever. She did give me the RMA # I actually did it with a check debit card and by contacting my bank directly they stopped the charges. I use US Bank and they said they have had thousands of people with this problem. You have to call 866-626-4109 and push option 1 and stay on the line for a long time. Good luck.
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
THIS IS A SCAM!!! THE COLN-X COMPANY IS ALSO A SCAM!!! I was just looking through at my bank account today and realized that they charged my bank account today!!! The charge is still pending. I bank with BofA and they gave me the run-around and basically, they can't do anything until the charge actually posts. I am CLOSING MY ACCOUNT TODAY!!! I;ll post my results later!!!
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
PART 2- CLOSED MY BANK ACCT...nothing further can be charged to this account. Also had my ATM card destroyed!! This is EXTREMELY frustrating!!! The Coln-x cust svc people actually gave me a return number for me to use when I actually receive the product. According to my bank statement, it has not been 2 weeks. What you don't know is that they start counting the date that you order the product!!! Sleezy!!! The Coln-x people took my money ASAP but state that they will refund my money in 2-4 weeks less the shipping, which is amplified to $9.00!!! Better than nothing. The Acai-fit company is shady because they don't even publish their phone number on their website. I had to do a google search!!! When I called the number, I got the same holds that others did but was persistent and finally got through. I had to push the button for "ordering". They were just like "sorry...we have to charge you. It's coming...". Acc to my account they hadn't so I rushed to the bank and closed out my account before they could make any claims. This experience was SUCH A HASSLE!!! Lesson learned...never order things like this online. NEVER!!!
 4th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I wish I had read the review and comments before ordering on line. My order was placed
10-19-09, received acai-fit and colonx - before speaking with my doctor to see if ok to take. Needless to say, he recommended for me not to take it. I immediately responded
to their confirmation email, cancelling my order on 10-25-09. Well, I was checking
my account today, and a pending amt for $79.95 was in process. Contacted my bank
advised them of the situation. My bank informed me to call another # they had on record. I attempted to do that - 866-626-5158 - nothing but a recording. If you are wanting to cancel press #2 - directs you to their website to ORDER!!! I finally called
866-626-4109 and got a live body. I have forwarded my email sent to them, due to the
fact it showed the date 10-25-09 (cancellation date). I have been advised by a supv.
my acct will be credited back. Let's see what happens. If not I will have to take
further steps. GOOD LUCK AND BEWARE!!!
 5th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
COME ON THERE SHOULD BE LAWS AGAINST THIS FOR CONSUMERS TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THE HASSEL TO KEEP FROM BEING RIPPED OFF IS SAD.IF YOU SAY YOU HAVE A FREE TRIAL PERIOD. THE TIME SHOULD START AFTER YOU RECIEVE THE PRODUCT AND ACTUALLY HAD TIME TO USE THIS GREAT PRODUCT.
I GUESS THIS SHOWS HOW MUCH CONFIDENCE THEY HAVE IN THERE PRODUCT.
AGAIN SAD.
 6th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
They got me to. However I did get $39.98 refunded to my account. The number I called is 866-628-2218 press 1 like you're going to place an order. After 30 to 40 min you will get sombody. Such a scam. Also call you're credit card co. tell them there is not to be any more charges from these people.
 6th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I WISH I HAD READ THIS BEFORE I GOT SUCKED INTO THIS SCAM. THEY GOT ME TWO TIMES. FIRST I ORDERED THE FREE TRIAL, SIX DAYS LATER THEY BILLED ME THE 79.95. CALLED THEM AND CANCELED. NO CONFIRMATION No. FOR CANCELING WAS GIVEN. AGENT SPOKE IN VAGUE LANGUAGE AND I AM SURE HE SAID NO NEED FOR CANCELLATION CONFIRMATION #. SIX DAYS LATER THEY CHARGED ME $ 84.98. NOTE THIS THE SECOND TIME CHARGES. I WAS ENRAGED AND CALLED THEM AGAIN FROM THE NUMBER PROVIDED BY THE BANK. AFTER 29 MIN HOLD THEY TOLD ME MY SHIPMENT WENT OUT TODAY. I SAID I CANCELED TWO WEEKS AGO, THEY SAID THEIR RECORDS DOES NOT SHOW THAT. MEANING THEIR SYSTEM DOES NOT TELLING THEM I HAVE CANCELED! I ARGUED WITH THEM AND DEMANDED THEY CREDIT THE MONEY TO MY ACCOUNT THEY SAID THEY WONT DO THAT TILL I RETURN THE SHIPMENT, WHICH I HAVEN'T GOT YET. CALLED THE BANK AGAIN AND TOLD THEM TO STOP THIS TRANSACTION BCZ IT IS UNAUTHORIZED. SO FAR DID NOT GOT MY MONEY BACK. FEEL SO SICK OF THIS SH**T.

Contact Us