logo

TEGA SMITH
DO YOU NEED AN URGENT LOAN CONTACT MARTINKINSLOANFIRM@GMAIL.COM
4. (23 mins ago)
names in details area
need my bank details for money transfer
5. (36 mins ago)
Gold's Gym
Rip off

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

AARP Medicare Prescription Plan Complaints & Reviews - L;ATEBDELIVERY DOUBLEM CHARGING BAD SERVICE

AARP Medicare Prescription Plan Contacts & Informations

AARP Medicare Prescription Plan

Posted:    helaw

L;ATEBDELIVERY DOUBLEM CHARGING BAD SERVICE

AARP United Health Care
Don't sign up for AARP Prescription plan. They tout their mail order prescription plan but the service from that plan is AWFUL Order took 7 days to put together and mail--overcharged and did not credit account--non responsive to grievance filed

Third world customer service. Humana was 1000% better never a problem
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More AARP Medicare Prescription Plan complaints
AARP Medicare Prescription Plan - Changing drug tiers without notice

Comments

2nd of Apr, 2009 by   FedUpWithAARP 0 Votes
I have a complaint about the AARP prescription plan too. Have spent over a week trying to get an answer and AARP is either too inept or just doesn't give a damn. I suspect it's the later. They CHARGED me for a year on their plan last June. Their subcontractor then was another company. Then they changed to Wallgreens as their subcontractor in August with no notice. Only notice? When my pharmacy told me the discount card rejected. Now, 6 months later, they're trying to bill me for another year??? It's not BEEN a year. Script discount rejected last week. So, it would appear the previous contractor owes me a refund but no one at AARP knows anything about them or how to reach them. Oh and same contractor is handling their health care BUT they disavow any knowledge of the prescription discount program. I'm just going to go through my credit card statements and dispute everything from AARP or their contractors. They are taking advantage of elderly Americans and refuse to even answer questions about their scam programs. Run! AARP cares nothing about us. They're just an insurance agency pretending to be an advocacy group.
 15th of Jul, 2010 by   Eduardojuan 0 Votes
I have the Medicare D prescription plan with United Health Care through AARP. It has been fraught with problems from day 1. Their practices border on fraud, and that is what I intend to charge them with in my complaint to Medicare. There have been multiple issues with them, but this time I will not let it go by.

I ordered a refill for a medication I have used for years now available as a generic selling for $60 for 100 pills at COSTCO, from the United Healthcare on-line pharmacy, Prescription Solutions. The insurance, while charging me $4 out of pocket as a generic, charged $313 to my Medicare D account, putting me over the maximum and into the "donut hole", even when their published price on their web site is $59. I have sent 6 emails complaining about this discrepancy and the only response I received said "your account will be charged around $120". Not so as indicated by the on-line statement showing my account charges and balance.

They have ignored any further communications. My attempt to ask AARP to intervene was met with bureaucratic roadblocks. Their first reaction was to tell me I had to deal with the insurance company directly, although I had purchased the insurance through them (AARP). Only when I insisted did they transfer me to the "Escalation Department" who did nothing but tell me that someone would be calling me. When I asked for a phone number and an email address or fax number to send substantiation for my claim, I was told they did not have any to give out. The good ole' run around.

This is not the first instance of similar bad service from United Healthcare/Prescription Solutions since I joined the Medicare D program at its inception.

The fact is that AARP makes money when they get their members to buy the insurance they promote and then wash their hands of any subsequent responsibility. They have no process nor anyone to act as an ombudsman for their members. They just don't care.

My only recourse is to file a fraud complaint with Medicare, which I will do.
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   Kathy Kling 0 Votes
Couple of things...AARP actually has nothing to do with the Part D plan, they are a name on the logo - nothing more nothing less. Secondly, the discount card that AARP has, has nothing to do with the Part D plan, at all. Feel free to complain to Medicare about talking to anyone from another country - it's bad enough we lose our jobs to people overseas, but those people overseas also grade our performance at work based on scripts they read, if we go one step off that script to try to help someone out with something extra, we get into trouble for that.

Pigeon Drop Scam