logo

Unexplained credit card payment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aarons Rental Complaints & Reviews - Poor service!

Aarons Rental Contacts & Informations

Aarons Rental

Posted:    Klaus

Poor service!

We rented a TV, had been paying for 3 months, then on Labor Day weekend, we took off on a trip to look at some property in northern NV where we bought some property. My wife works overnight shifts, and I am self employed where I work an hour/half from home. We got back from our trip that Sunday, and thought we would take care of all bill that were due that following Saturday when we are both home. Well Aaron's didn't wait a day over our due date, that they were sending an employee to our house. Not at a reasonable hour. The first time the guy came by was a little after 6am! My wife had just got to bed, when the door bell was ringing and pounding at the door!! She told him we would take care of our payment that Sat. when we could come in. Two days later same guy came knocking (pounding) on our door again!! This time was around 7:05 am!! My wife told they guy NOT to come around so early and said we will take care of it!. Then three days later that Sat morning, the same guy (again) showed up a little after 7am!! This time I was home!! I told him NOT to every come to ur house that early!! He laughed at me and told me he could come any time he wanted too!! I them told him to get off my property or I would call the Sheriff! he once again laughed at me!! I was really mad, so when my wife got up we went to pay the bill, then decided to call them and pay over the phone, while we were on hold waiting for them to process our payment, the manager came on the line, and started yelling at my wife, that his employee made a police report against me for threatening him!! What kind of business do they run?? They are worse than loan sharks!! No professional business would ever come knocking on someones door so early in the morning!! The manager said to me that he wanted them to come and pick up our tv!! Then he told us that they are charging us $10 for every time they send some one to our house!!! Convenient for them, when the guy lives right here in this little bitty town? Isn't it just a "bit" unreasonable to send someone over, not only that early in the morning, but 3 times in one week, when my wife specifially told him we were on a trip and coming in to take care of the payment in 7 days???... We called the corporate headquarters and made a complaint. The business is a franchise we were told, and the owners nema is 5 star corp and a man and wife owned it, he also gave me their names... The complaint was sent to them. We should be hearing from them on Mon or Tues. This is ridiculous, they took our payment and now want to come and pick the tv up! We have a 6 month agreement with them, how convenient it is for them to take this back??? Our suggestion before leasing anything from Aaron's is check them out before leasing with them. Even though Aaron's has a standard policy for all the franchises, we are told by corp headquarters, that because it is a franchise, the run things the way they want to. Even if they are out of line. But they CAN get in trouble if they cross the line. They can have their franchise license revoked... Beware!!
Comments United States TV, Music & Video
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Oct, 2007 by   Jade Flowers 0 Votes
I too have recently had trouble with Aarons. I'm trying to find a way best to handle the situation. They are terrible unprofessional. There are approximately a dozen working in the store near me who do not know what one says to a customer so another says and does something else. They are rude and threatening. We were late on a payment and had someone come to our home who refused to leave when I asked even though we paid that same day. He and another man stood in my home with me and my seven year old daughter and told me that he would not leave my house and that he would by tomorrow have the sheriff there and I would be arrested and lose my TV and all the money I put in it already. I felt scared, threatened. I had been sick all week which left me tired, weak and emotional. Finally when the man did leave I called the manager whom I thought was a little more professional from past experience but I was wrong. He raised his voice and told me I needed to return my TV and was out of choices in the matter. I told him I was not losing my TV after paying $1000 already on it and he accused me of screaming at him. I ended up hanging up then dealing with abuse. I'm looking for a way to go to the next step legally in dealing with this issue.
 24th of Jun, 2008 by   Klaus 0 Votes
HI Jade.

My family has put up with their carp now for almost a year now. We only have a couple of payments left. When Aaron's emplyoee filed a police report on me, the Sheriff came out, and told us that No business came come that early 9:00am is reasonable. The report went no where. After that incident with Aaron's They do not come to our house at all. The Sheriff said if they come to our house and threaten us to call them right away. He said if we make our payment they cannot demand the tv back. We called that day and made the tv payment after it was made the manage came back on the phone, said for us to give the tv back! They run illegal practices. yes we have been late a few more times, but not once has anyone came back to our house! The sheriff told us he was going to have a talk with them. He must have because we dont hear from them anymore! By the way. Don't ever let them in your house ever!. They have no rights to come into your house. Also its doesnt matter if they want it back. If you owe them and even can't pay for it, it turns into a civil law suit, and they have to go the court proceedure for repossion. Do not let them intimidate you. If they come knocking dont answer the door. Or if you do tell them to leave they are treesspassing. If they threaten to call the Sheriff, let them. The sheriff will tell them to go through the court. the Sheriff has no jusrisdiction in forcing you to give it back. Does not matter what the paper says that you signed, they still have to follow the law. The only thing the Sheriff can do when called is preserve the peace. Thats all. California laws here.
 4th of Feb, 2009 by   DON b 0 Votes
aaron rents refuse to leave home owners alone and are calling my home costantly and looking for someone that does not live here
his name is HARRY AT 1-770-426-3920 HE SAT HE IS LOOKING FOR A MAN CALLED ROSS AND THEIR IS NO SUCH PERSOM HERE AND THE HPONE NUMBER IS WRONG AS WELL
THE KOKOMO INDIANA ARRNNON RENTS IS ALSO GUILTY OF BOTHERING HOME OWNERS IN KOKOMO . WHERE IS THE PROTECTION WE HAD ON NO CALL LIST
THESE GUYS ARE NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY
 4th of Feb, 2009 by   DON b 0 Votes
AARON RENT 1-770-426-3920 AND HIS NAME IS HARRY IS BOTHERING THIS HOME WITH HIS LACK OF INFORATION AND THE RIGHT NAME OFR MY ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER
THE STAE ATTORNY HAS GIVEN ME AN APPLICATION. I AM SENDING THIS IN . tHE STATE ATTORNEY SAID I HAVE TO SENT YOU THIS NOTE BEFORE AND IF I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, THEN I AM TO SEND IN THE PERTY THAT REFUSE TO QUIET BOTHERING THIS HOME
AARON DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW UP ON THE CUSTOMERS INFORMATION. ANYOONE CAN WALK OFF THE STREET AND USE OTHER NAMES AND NO FOLLOW UP OR QUESTION THE I.D.
 28th of Mar, 2009 by   Heidi 0 Votes
Today I had an Aarons driver at my house. I made my payment last night. This was only after I had called them and told them last Saturday that I would be in on Friday. The manager proceeded to call my house three times on Monday. When I told her I already had made payment arrangements she called again and again. When I stopped in to make the payment on Friday night and told her I wasn't happy with the service she denied calling me stating that it was in the computer so she wouldn't have called me. I made my payment, in fact a payment and a half, so we can pay it off quicker and have no more dealings with these people, and went home. Saturday morning in pulls the Aarons delivery truck. Needless to say the poor guy got a real earful. I then called the manager and complained. Once again she had no idea why he was there. I think they need to make sure the employees they hire can read and write English and obviosly b e computer literate. Afterall the computer is what tells them that I made my payment and prints out my receipt, Which I make sure I have each and everyone and are filed in order so I can prove to them that yes someone out here does know what they are doing. Maybe I should go try to manage the store, I couldn't do any worse than Chris does.
 13th of Jul, 2009 by   Unhappy in WV 0 Votes
Hi I have a major problem with Aaron's as well. I live in Beckley, WV and around the memorial day weekend I went to Aarons to get a laptop computer. I needed one for my work. Needless to say after being there for nearly 3 hours I left with my laptop. I told my mother about it and she too wanted a laptop so we went together in the next day or so and got her one. Well, in all the time that I was there when I got mine NO ONE ever mentioned to me about a down payment or a first months payment or anything close to it. I left out of there with only my agreement and my laptop and the free printer. So when my mom goes to get hers AGAIN no one ever mentions to me about me having to pay or anything. They did give me a certain percentage off for bringing my mother in. So a few days go by and I work on the road mostly so me not being home is no big suprise. Well my boyfriends dad kept saying someone called for me and again no big suprise my clients call me a lot. But it was Aarons come to find out saying that I needed to bring the laptop back until I made my payment. I was like what??????? what payment are you talking about...and the guy admitted on the phone to me that THEY made a mistake and shouldn't have let me walk out of the store without making a payment or putting money down. Now I do not do business like this. Especially when it has been 2 weeks ago that I got the laptop. I told him I would not be making any kind of payment until it was due on the 23rd of the next month. He got really aggravated at me and said he was going to file court papers against me for having stolen property. I AM NOT AN IGNORANT PERSON NOR DO I TAKE THREATS LIKE THIS LIGHTLY. I work hard for my dollars and don't appreciate being talked to like a child. I have 3 degrees one of them being a law degree, so NO Aaron's can't call and harass you over their mistake. And NO Aaron's can't just show up at your house and threaten to take back what you leased from them. I work as a counselor and these people need help pyschologically mentally and emotionally. They evidently have missed out on something in life to think they can treat another human being like they do without consequences. I will NEVER do business with them again and suggest to anyone else out there DON'T GO TO AARON"S RENTALS!!!
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   mrsbuda 0 Votes
WE HAD BOUGHT A BED FROM AARONS RENTAL, WHEN WE WENT TO THE STORE TO PAYOFF OUR ACCOUNT WE FOUND THAT THEY OVERCHARGED US.WHEN WE BROUGHT IT TO THEIR ATTENTION AND SHOWED THEM PROOF, THEY PRETTY MUCH TOLD US" WE SCREWED YOU AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT" SO I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH B.B.B. WHERE BY THE WAY AARONS HAS AN F RATING, I ALSO FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE AND WITH FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION.THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. ALSO I'M TELLING EVERYONE NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.I THINK IF MORE PEOPLE WOULD FILE WITH THE A.G.O. AND FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION THEN WE CAN GET THEM STOPPED.THANK YOU
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   precious c 0 Votes
I rented a t.v. from them and I had been paying on it for a lil over a year and no that's it's close to being paid off they want to act really thirsty, I know my payment was due on a specific date but sometimes things don't always go as planned. So they called my cellphone like 3 times within an hour and a half then the automated system called me another 4 times, but ohh this is the icing on the cake they called my place of employment like for real 6 times 4 different people called my job harrassing my co-workers. Telling themto tell me that they were sending the truck to my house to pick-up their merchandise and that they were coming to my job to get my payment, HELLO I had it I would have paid it AARONS is really harsh yes we know that we are renting these items but gosh slow your roll it is a recession out here they will lose alot of business traveling down the road that they are heading. Yes, it was easier than going somewhere else getting your credit checked but in thewords of our parents you get what you pay for and now their talking about garnishing paychecks this is the last and final item I rent from anybody whether it's aarons or rent-a-center with their over priced ass.
 5th of Nov, 2009 by   Customer Service???? 0 Votes
I agree!! This "customer service" is absolutely unexcuseable. I was charged $15.00 late fee for 5 days due to the fact they "had to" come to my house. I will never rent from this company again. Aarons needs to learn to put a little more trust into thier customers or not rent at all!!! I can understand if someone is 30 days past due, but certainly not 1 or even 5 days late.
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   neveragain.... 0 Votes
Aaron's rent-to-own is the most inappropriate, lying, and manipulative company we have ever encountered. They have "brutus" who comes to the door (paid to be aggressive), pounding on the door, and I mean POUNDING...knocking photos off walls. Why??? Because our payment was 3 days late!!! "Brutus" threatened our daughter, as my wife and I were out of town, saying, "I need $60 dollars today, to get this account current, or else." Our daughter called to inform us of the incident, and made the statement, "I have more debt than I should, but it seems pretty ridiculous to be coming after someone, and pounding on a door over 60 bucks." She's 21, and damn smart!! We filed a police report for the threat and damages, contacted the corporate office (another joke) and made the manager at the local office very aware of the situation--we were told, "He's a big guy, it may just seem like he pounds on the door." We were also told, the same individual "has been in trouble before, for the same complaint."...Interesting...When
"brutus" knocked at our door, and threatened my daughter, we had only 3 payments left for our merchandise, yet this company acted like we never ever paid a dime. In addition, once we filed our complaint with the corporate office, we were promised a return call from the corporate manager following a review--didn't get that; called back, and was told, "the corporate manager will be at the location in your area on Friday; he will call you then, as will the district manager." Again, no phone calls. Absolutely ridiculous!! No company can continue to prosper with such an obvious lack of customer service. If they truly believe that Michael Waltrip will keep them afloat, even when he goes part-time next season, then perhaps all our complaints need to go to their "signature guy" for resolution. I can honestly say, the face/name of Michael Waltrip did NOT influence the items my wife and wasted our money on. The harrassment has not stopped with this company...apparently, they do not want anyone to pay off their balances, because they prefer to "repo" all items nearly paid for in order to resell them for a greater profit!! When YOU are the buyer YOU are in control...buyer beware!!! NEVER RENT FROM AARONS!!
 12th of Dec, 2009 by   RaciieDame 0 Votes
We have had similair problems with Aarons in Neptune NJ The best way to handle it is go over their heads it took some searchimg but I found this EVERYONE should call past or present!!! As is typical of Aarons the presentation is misleading but the number is a National Customer Service Line I have not tried the e-mail YET call
Greg Tanner

Aaron Rents Corporate Office
678-402-0015
309 East Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30305

a representitive will take your complaint and promises someone will call within 24hours then she says if no one contacts me in 24 hours this is the owners # feel free to call him 410 238 2506
Happy Dialing !!!
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   Gabrielle Gg 0 Votes
I've been out of town for about two weeks and called Arrons and told them I wouldnt be in to make my payment. I was told by two representative at Arrons that I could pay my late bill Jan 2. Two or three days afterwards I get a call from the manager saying I cant pay then and they want to come get their equipment. I told him that I talked to two representatives at the store and they told me it would be fine. He then said that there was no record in the computer of that conversation but the girl did admit that she had spoken with me. He then said she is in sales and she does not work with accounts. My question is what made her think she had the authority to tell me I could make the payment. Why is she answering the phone if she cant discuss or has no authority to look in someones account? I then said I spoke with a guy there and he told me the samething he then said "well hes setting you up for failure so we can have this conversation next mont"! Wow! Thats all I can say at this point. Is that what you tell a customer? Is that how you talk to a customer? These people and their employees are very rude and unprofessional. That tv I rented was not worth all this drama. I will never rent from Arrons again. And if possible Im going to tell everyone I know cause Arrons is horrible
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   Stella Pool -1 Votes
I was renting a riding lawn mower from Aaron, made a payment on Saturday, Aaron had there worker come to my house Monday afternoon afternoom, after I had gone to work and picked up my lawn mower and to this day 1/1/2010 they have not called as to why they picked it up, and that was Nov. 2009 . I feel if they had plans to breach my contract they should not have taken my $109.00
 29th of Jan, 2010 by   mcjunkinskimmie 0 Votes
I've had the same problems with Aarons here in Alabama. We've brought a lot of stuff from them. They lost their best manager. When this new guy came to play it all fell to crap. I've always paid on time, when I couldn't I would tell them. Then one day, they came banging on my door. I told them off, and the guy still said can we get a post dated check from you I said NO and then I got them back by waiting another week to pay them, of course a late fee for me but well worth it.
I've also got a dell monitor from them, of course the warrenty has ran out, they won't fix it neither will dell, burns me up cuz I paid about 800.00 for it and it's just sitting in my floor, I don't know who to take action with this dell or Aaron's, I've already tried both but won't budge.
When I go to make my computer payment 2 wks prio to day, they told me 4 payments left, and then again today told me 4wks left should have been 3, I think that they
pocket some of the money for themselves.
I was wondering if there are any current law suits against them and if there is enough people who would be interested in doing so.
thanks and wishing you all the best in dealing with them.
kimbo471961
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   jimjw 0 Votes
i believe aarons should be out of business. i got my income tax and wanted to by a computer. so i went to thier store and started asking some questions. i don't no much but my main questions were about warrenty and that i wanted something for gaming and music downloading. the represnstative took me straight to a cybertron and started talking it up. when he found out i wanted to pay it off straight away he told me i would have a two month warrenty and he could knock the price down for me. to me this was great. i felt like these were good people and this is the place i will shop from now on. this was all on a saturday around closing time. when i got the computer home and set it up i noticed a piece of the tower face was missing. naturally, after they had taken around a hundred dollars off at the store i felt i could live with that. then i noticed an icon on my toolbar that said a disk needed to be removed safely but there was no disk in the drive. next i found out my two usb's on the face of my tower didn't work so the following monday morning i called aarons to see if i needed to bring the computer to them or send it to another company. i was given to the store manager who proceeded to tell me i had no warrenty because i paid it in full at the store. I thought "WHAT!" i told the manager the gentlemans name who had told me i would have a two month warrenty and was put on hold for about 15 minutes. when the manager came back on he gave me a number to thier repair shop to see if they could help me. the repair shop told me the usb were probably fried. after talking with my wife we decided this was a bad investment and we were probably not given the whole story with this computer. so that tuesday i took the computer back to the store and asked to get a refund or possibly upgrade. long story short, No. the regional manager was called and over the phone told me the computer was clearly marked prereleased, no refunds, no returns. basically, take a hike. we suckered you out of $600 and let you believe you were buying a new computer so cut your loses and get out of our store. they didn't say the last part but that was how i was made to feel. my wife and i think they new the computer was a dud and were trying to get rid of it anyway they could. we didn't read any tags because we thought we had a gentleman explaining the computer to us. they weren't even descent enough to let us spend more money at THIER store to get out of this bum deal. as i was leaving thier fine esablishment i turned to the manager and said " i hope everyone finds out what ripping off bast!@?! you guys are." and you know what he smirked at me and walked off. these are the kind of people we are buying from
 28th of Feb, 2010 by   ddddd2222 0 Votes
aarons sucks. they have cockroaches in almost every store. i used to work for the kokomo store.
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   xgm 0 Votes
by law they can come to your door 8:am until 9:pm.you have the right to say stop u just need to do it in writing they can only call 3 times a day again thats the fair collections act that protects consumers.keep in mind if they talk to your freinds or even your family about your contract with them or any $ amount.If they do u have a good lawsuit against them
 7th of Mar, 2010 by   mike thumm 0 Votes
I just recently started working with aarons as a manager trainee after 18 years in upper management with another firm. I have heard so many different complaints in my life about late payments, harrasing calls, rude sales and management staff, etc. etc. Aarons is no different than any other business as they expect you to hold up to your end of the agreement or lease. So many people have this woe is me attitude and its nobodys fault but your own folks. Make your payments on time, if you dont like the phone calls or visits from employees, pay your bills!!! If someone is rude report it to their upper management. (Here's an idea), , , , , , You let me borrow 10, 000 and ill promise to pay you back at 100.00 a month til its paid off. See how quick you start calling me or visiting me if i dont answer the phone or the payment is late when its your money on the line. This is a business plain and simple. Its never personal until you make it so... Simple enough, if you cant afford it or know you cant make the payment dont buy it!!!

Mike from Cape Coral, Fla.
 13th of Mar, 2010 by   Mz. Libra 0 Votes
I understand what you are saying Mike but what about the customers like me who made my payments on time and still got stewed by Aaron's. I bought a computer last year in September and it stopped working in November. I didn't want to go that route but I needed it at the time for my job.When I signed the agreement, the sales person said that it was brand new but that wasn't true. When they bought it to my home, it already had a pass code set up that they didn't know the code and then when I figured it out, I found music already in it.Because I wasn't using it for that purpose, I ignored it and kept it anyway. Now when I 1st brought it in to be fixed because I couldn't pull up my paperwork on my flashdrive, they said that they were going to fix it but I had to go a week without it. When I did get it back it still had the same problems and some new ones too. When I took it back the 2nd time, I found out that they let someone in the store fix it and he had no clue of what was wrong with it. I took it back to the store the same day and the sales person had the nerves to ask me could I just deal with it?!!! That is no customer service!!! Yet, he said they had to send it out to be serviced and I agreed but I asked could I get a loaner until I got mines back and the guy said that they would get me a loaner by that Weds and this happened on a sat and they never got me one. So now I haven't had it in 5 months and they call me, write me and even came by my home one day and left a note demanding the merchandise back which I do not have. I've called the store everytime it happened and the person who handles their accounts just say don't worry about it and just throw it away. They also say they are going to put it into their computer that I no longer have it but here we are months later and i'm still getting harrassed about something that I do not have. Then the account manager said that he had a woman that has been waiting on her television since the summer and they still hasn't gotten it to her. I am really cautious about my credit and I know the way that they are harrassing me, that most likely, they have put this on my credit report. So since you know so much about this situation, how would you suggest I handle this?
 21st of May, 2010 by   brenda pence 0 Votes
let me tell you something mr manager trainee. my husband and myself went to aarons to get a laptop. i used my step-dad as a refernce, he lives in an apartment complex that happendens to have the same address as a woman with my first name, that didnt pay for merch about they say worth 3, 000. instead of checking first they said i was that person and called me a criminal. i had to prove i wasent her. it was embarrasing and degrading. and the laptop is junk. suppose to be a new dell, but the battery needed to be replaced. none of the media players work. aarons was suppose to come out and fix it a week ago and never showed and on top of that the payment i made was 156.00 for one month i gave then 160.00 they called 15 days latter trying to tell me they prorated it and a payment was due i dont think so.
because of them acusing me of being a criminal i am sueing aarons, i urge other ppl to sue as well. aarons will not be getting away with this. with me i can tell you that. nascar needs to hear about this. this store is in porterville, ca

Watch for Online Cons on Cyber Monday