Aaron's

Posted:

Poor service!

4.65
We rented a TV, had been paying for 3 months, then on Labor Day weekend, we took off on a trip to look at some property in northern NV where we bought some property. My wife works overnight shifts, and I am self employed where I work an hour/half from home. We got back from our trip that Sunday, and thought we would take care of all bill that were due that following Saturday when we are both home. Well Aaron's didn't wait a day over our due date, that they were sending an employee to our house. Not at a reasonable hour. The first time the guy came by was a little after 6am! My wife had just got to bed, when the door bell was ringing and pounding at the door!! She told him we would take care of our payment that Sat. when we could come in. Two days later same guy came knocking (pounding) on our door again!! This time was around 7:05 am!! My wife told they guy NOT to come around so early and said we will take care of it!. Then three days later that Sat morning, the same guy (again) showed up a little after 7am!! This time I was home!! I told him NOT to every come to ur house that early!! He laughed at me and told me he could come any time he wanted too!! I them told him to get off my property or I would call the Sheriff! he once again laughed at me!! I was really mad, so when my wife got up we went to pay the bill, then decided to call them and pay over the phone, while we were on hold waiting for them to process our payment, the manager came on the line, and started yelling at my wife, that his employee made a police report against me for threatening him!! What kind of business do they run?? They are worse than loan sharks!! No professional business would ever come knocking on someones door so early in the morning!! The manager said to me that he wanted them to come and pick up our tv!! Then he told us that they are charging us $10 for every time they send some one to our house!!! Convenient for them, when the guy lives right here in this little bitty town? Isn't it just a "bit" unreasonable to send someone over, not only that early in the morning, but 3 times in one week, when my wife specifially told him we were on a trip and coming in to take care of the payment in 7 days???... We called the corporate headquarters and made a complaint. The business is a franchise we were told, and the owners nema is 5 star corp and a man and wife owned it, he also gave me their names... The complaint was sent to them. We should be hearing from them on Mon or Tues. This is ridiculous, they took our payment and now want to come and pick the tv up! We have a 6 month agreement with them, how convenient it is for them to take this back??? Our suggestion before leasing anything from Aaron's is check them out before leasing with them. Even though Aaron's has a standard policy for all the franchises, we are told by corp headquarters, that because it is a franchise, the run things the way they want to. Even if they are out of line. But they CAN get in trouble if they cross the line. They can have their franchise license revoked... Beware!!
Complaint comments Comments (82) Complaint country United States Complaint category TV, Music & Video

Comments

11th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I too have recently had trouble with Aarons. I'm trying to find a way best to handle the situation. They are terrible unprofessional. There are approximately a dozen working in the store near me who do not know what one says to a customer so another says and does something else. They are rude and threatening. We were late on a payment and had someone come to our home who refused to leave when I asked even though we paid that same day. He and another man stood in my home with me and my seven year old daughter and told me that he would not leave my house and that he would by tomorrow have the sheriff there and I would be arrested and lose my TV and all the money I put in it already. I felt scared, threatened. I had been sick all week which left me tired, weak and emotional. Finally when the man did leave I called the manager whom I thought was a little more professional from past experience but I was wrong. He raised his voice and told me I needed to return my TV and was out of choices in the matter. I told him I was not losing my TV after paying $1000 already on it and he accused me of screaming at him. I ended up hanging up then dealing with abuse. I'm looking for a way to go to the next step legally in dealing with this issue.
 8th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Aarons Sales Lease - Customer Service and delivery
Aarons Sales Lease
Turlock
California

Aarons customer service is so unorganized there all just kids!! We have a debit card with them they were talking out different amounts they need to have someone at there office get the book keeping in order, we called to change are card number to debit and they didn't take it in on record and they came to my house at 100am and at 3:45 am banging on my door! My daughter was so scared, i was bye the door and door wasn't locked good they put a flier on my door and turned then knob i heard them say i wont tell if you don't if they would of came in they would have been in big big trouble if you know what i mean!!! So the next day i called and they acted like they would not do that! Will call cops next time!!
 24th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
HI Jade.

My family has put up with their carp now for almost a year now. We only have a couple of payments left. When Aaron's emplyoee filed a police report on me, the Sheriff came out, and told us that No business came come that early 9:00am is reasonable. The report went no where. After that incident with Aaron's They do not come to our house at all. The Sheriff said if they come to our house and threaten us to call them right away. He said if we make our payment they cannot demand the tv back. We called that day and made the tv payment after it was made the manage came back on the phone, said for us to give the tv back! They run illegal practices. yes we have been late a few more times, but not once has anyone came back to our house! The sheriff told us he was going to have a talk with them. He must have because we dont hear from them anymore! By the way. Don't ever let them in your house ever!. They have no rights to come into your house. Also its doesnt matter if they want it back. If you owe them and even can't pay for it, it turns into a civil law suit, and they have to go the court proceedure for repossion. Do not let them intimidate you. If they come knocking dont answer the door. Or if you do tell them to leave they are treesspassing. If they threaten to call the Sheriff, let them. The sheriff will tell them to go through the court. the Sheriff has no jusrisdiction in forcing you to give it back. Does not matter what the paper says that you signed, they still have to follow the law. The only thing the Sheriff can do when called is preserve the peace. Thats all. California laws here.
 22nd of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
My daurghter came to me and ask if i could lend her enough money to pay her monthly payment . I wrote a check out to Aaron's nobody"s name on it just Aaron's. when her boyfriend took it in for her the man there ( Bill) told him that was a 3rd. person check he can't take that need to cash it and bring the payment in then . What the heck is he talking about.My check a 3rd. person check that is the first time i heard of that alot of other have taking my checks for they'res payments but them . i had to give him cash to go to make the payment so thats bull to me . Now another one about a laptop mt granddaughter got a laptop form there, the screen went out and they wouldn't fix it so my GD had to pay for it and take it to a shop to have it fix and that cost $200.00 .So Aarons lost 2 more and I wont deal with them now.
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Aarons Sales And Lease - Rude unproffessional
Aaron Furniture Store
602 w. 15th street
Washigton
North Carolina
Phone: (252)946-0500

I purchased a rca tv from arrons sales& lease in rome ga about a year and a 1 / 2 ago with the extended warranty. I guess i made a mistake of paying it off early cause now that its torn up for the third time for the exact same thing arrons is giving me the run around on it after attempting several times to contact not only arrons but also the repair center that had fixed it the first two times neither of them would return my phone calls so i had to make a trip to the arrons store and much to my surprise i still got jerked around. 3 weeks after going to there store arrons finally come up with they have called rca and rca is gonna either swap my tv out or refund my money but the kicker is its gonna take any where from 4 weeks to 4 month and this whole time im without my tv because when its paid off arrons cant give you the loaner tv thats promised with this great warranty they make you get some customer service huh!!!
 28th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Aarons Sales And Rentals - the people that work there are rude
aarons sale and rentals
hartwell
Georgia
Phone: 828-527-2611

we have been costomers there for over 3 years. we have paid off muti/ accounts with them .they have got a bunch of idiots in there and they are all against each. everybody wants to be the boss however none of them have enough brain cells to do the job.just let someone come out to your house they tell you all the drama going on in the store, who likes who who is after whose job, who stands behind the new management who doesnt. in the hartwell ga. store thats how it is anyway . after 3 years with them, and a few short weeks at work they call everyday, come to your houseand harrass you, they came the other day to pick up a tv as the guy was leaving he said i need to pick up a living room suit. there is no living suit hear that belongs to them. i should have let him take it . tyeh filed charges on him for stealing it, i just dont playng games with peoples minds like they do
 8th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Aarons Sales And Lease In Johson City - harrassment

i got a laptop from them and im dissabled and they had the nerve to say i was going to jail just because they hadnt gotten their pmt and my ssi check hasnt come yet i had that same problem in scranton isnt right they need to be more understanding and not so rude and hound u all the time
 4th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
aaron rents refuse to leave home owners alone and are calling my home costantly and looking for someone that does not live here
his name is HARRY AT 1-770-426-3920 HE SAT HE IS LOOKING FOR A MAN CALLED ROSS AND THEIR IS NO SUCH PERSOM HERE AND THE HPONE NUMBER IS WRONG AS WELL
THE KOKOMO INDIANA ARRNNON RENTS IS ALSO GUILTY OF BOTHERING HOME OWNERS IN KOKOMO . WHERE IS THE PROTECTION WE HAD ON NO CALL LIST
THESE GUYS ARE NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY
 4th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
AARON RENT 1-770-426-3920 AND HIS NAME IS HARRY IS BOTHERING THIS HOME WITH HIS LACK OF INFORATION AND THE RIGHT NAME OFR MY ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER
THE STAE ATTORNY HAS GIVEN ME AN APPLICATION. I AM SENDING THIS IN . tHE STATE ATTORNEY SAID I HAVE TO SENT YOU THIS NOTE BEFORE AND IF I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, THEN I AM TO SEND IN THE PERTY THAT REFUSE TO QUIET BOTHERING THIS HOME
AARON DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW UP ON THE CUSTOMERS INFORMATION. ANYOONE CAN WALK OFF THE STREET AND USE OTHER NAMES AND NO FOLLOW UP OR QUESTION THE I.D.
 28th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Today I had an Aarons driver at my house. I made my payment last night. This was only after I had called them and told them last Saturday that I would be in on Friday. The manager proceeded to call my house three times on Monday. When I told her I already had made payment arrangements she called again and again. When I stopped in to make the payment on Friday night and told her I wasn't happy with the service she denied calling me stating that it was in the computer so she wouldn't have called me. I made my payment, in fact a payment and a half, so we can pay it off quicker and have no more dealings with these people, and went home. Saturday morning in pulls the Aarons delivery truck. Needless to say the poor guy got a real earful. I then called the manager and complained. Once again she had no idea why he was there. I think they need to make sure the employees they hire can read and write English and obviosly b e computer literate. Afterall the computer is what tells them that I made my payment and prints out my receipt, Which I make sure I have each and everyone and are filed in order so I can prove to them that yes someone out here does know what they are doing. Maybe I should go try to manage the store, I couldn't do any worse than Chris does.
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

Aarons - managers don't care or listen
Aarons
Hamilton
Ohio

I have a lap top that has been messed up since a few weeks after getting, I have takin it in to be repaired twice now and am getting pushed out the door by the manager raymond, getting the run around saying what ever people want to hear to get them to leave his self caring or even awareness to costomers is awful, rude, and he has no right to be in the manager position with his attitude..
 13th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hi I have a major problem with Aaron's as well. I live in Beckley, WV and around the memorial day weekend I went to Aarons to get a laptop computer. I needed one for my work. Needless to say after being there for nearly 3 hours I left with my laptop. I told my mother about it and she too wanted a laptop so we went together in the next day or so and got her one. Well, in all the time that I was there when I got mine NO ONE ever mentioned to me about a down payment or a first months payment or anything close to it. I left out of there with only my agreement and my laptop and the free printer. So when my mom goes to get hers AGAIN no one ever mentions to me about me having to pay or anything. They did give me a certain percentage off for bringing my mother in. So a few days go by and I work on the road mostly so me not being home is no big suprise. Well my boyfriends dad kept saying someone called for me and again no big suprise my clients call me a lot. But it was Aarons come to find out saying that I needed to bring the laptop back until I made my payment. I was like what??????? what payment are you talking about...and the guy admitted on the phone to me that THEY made a mistake and shouldn't have let me walk out of the store without making a payment or putting money down. Now I do not do business like this. Especially when it has been 2 weeks ago that I got the laptop. I told him I would not be making any kind of payment until it was due on the 23rd of the next month. He got really aggravated at me and said he was going to file court papers against me for having stolen property. I AM NOT AN IGNORANT PERSON NOR DO I TAKE THREATS LIKE THIS LIGHTLY. I work hard for my dollars and don't appreciate being talked to like a child. I have 3 degrees one of them being a law degree, so NO Aaron's can't call and harass you over their mistake. And NO Aaron's can't just show up at your house and threaten to take back what you leased from them. I work as a counselor and these people need help pyschologically mentally and emotionally. They evidently have missed out on something in life to think they can treat another human being like they do without consequences. I will NEVER do business with them again and suggest to anyone else out there DON'T GO TO AARON"S RENTALS!!!
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes

Aaron's - Returning email info.
Okeechobee
Florida

I do not have any problem with my local Aaron's Store, they are very helpful...I have emailed Aaron"s two (2) times asking for information so I can setup an online account to pay my bill online. My problem is with cooperate folks... To date, I have NOT received a bill, invoice or any thing to assist me in setting up an online account...That's no good...
Nobody has even answered my last email request...I did receive an automated response on my first request, and that's all I have heard from you. If I DO NOT HEAR FROM ANYONE BY TOMMORROW, THEY CAN PICK THIS STUFF UP!!! Unhappy patron...Bobby Shultz dmsodime@yahoo.com
 24th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
WE HAD BOUGHT A BED FROM AARONS RENTAL, WHEN WE WENT TO THE STORE TO PAYOFF OUR ACCOUNT WE FOUND THAT THEY OVERCHARGED US.WHEN WE BROUGHT IT TO THEIR ATTENTION AND SHOWED THEM PROOF, THEY PRETTY MUCH TOLD US" WE SCREWED YOU AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT" SO I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH B.B.B. WHERE BY THE WAY AARONS HAS AN F RATING, I ALSO FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE AND WITH FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION.THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. ALSO I'M TELLING EVERYONE NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.I THINK IF MORE PEOPLE WOULD FILE WITH THE A.G.O. AND FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION THEN WE CAN GET THEM STOPPED.THANK YOU
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I rented a t.v. from them and I had been paying on it for a lil over a year and no that's it's close to being paid off they want to act really thirsty, I know my payment was due on a specific date but sometimes things don't always go as planned. So they called my cellphone like 3 times within an hour and a half then the automated system called me another 4 times, but ohh this is the icing on the cake they called my place of employment like for real 6 times 4 different people called my job harrassing my co-workers. Telling themto tell me that they were sending the truck to my house to pick-up their merchandise and that they were coming to my job to get my payment, HELLO I had it I would have paid it AARONS is really harsh yes we know that we are renting these items but gosh slow your roll it is a recession out here they will lose alot of business traveling down the road that they are heading. Yes, it was easier than going somewhere else getting your credit checked but in thewords of our parents you get what you pay for and now their talking about garnishing paychecks this is the last and final item I rent from anybody whether it's aarons or rent-a-center with their over priced ass.
 5th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree!! This "customer service" is absolutely unexcuseable. I was charged $15.00 late fee for 5 days due to the fact they "had to" come to my house. I will never rent from this company again. Aarons needs to learn to put a little more trust into thier customers or not rent at all!!! I can understand if someone is 30 days past due, but certainly not 1 or even 5 days late.
 27th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Aaron's rent-to-own is the most inappropriate, lying, and manipulative company we have ever encountered. They have "brutus" who comes to the door (paid to be aggressive), pounding on the door, and I mean POUNDING...knocking photos off walls. Why??? Because our payment was 3 days late!!! "Brutus" threatened our daughter, as my wife and I were out of town, saying, "I need $60 dollars today, to get this account current, or else." Our daughter called to inform us of the incident, and made the statement, "I have more debt than I should, but it seems pretty ridiculous to be coming after someone, and pounding on a door over 60 bucks." She's 21, and damn smart!! We filed a police report for the threat and damages, contacted the corporate office (another joke) and made the manager at the local office very aware of the situation--we were told, "He's a big guy, it may just seem like he pounds on the door." We were also told, the same individual "has been in trouble before, for the same complaint."...Interesting...When
"brutus" knocked at our door, and threatened my daughter, we had only 3 payments left for our merchandise, yet this company acted like we never ever paid a dime. In addition, once we filed our complaint with the corporate office, we were promised a return call from the corporate manager following a review--didn't get that; called back, and was told, "the corporate manager will be at the location in your area on Friday; he will call you then, as will the district manager." Again, no phone calls. Absolutely ridiculous!! No company can continue to prosper with such an obvious lack of customer service. If they truly believe that Michael Waltrip will keep them afloat, even when he goes part-time next season, then perhaps all our complaints need to go to their "signature guy" for resolution. I can honestly say, the face/name of Michael Waltrip did NOT influence the items my wife and wasted our money on. The harrassment has not stopped with this company...apparently, they do not want anyone to pay off their balances, because they prefer to "repo" all items nearly paid for in order to resell them for a greater profit!! When YOU are the buyer YOU are in control...buyer beware!!! NEVER RENT FROM AARONS!!
 12th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
We have had similair problems with Aarons in Neptune NJ The best way to handle it is go over their heads it took some searchimg but I found this EVERYONE should call past or present!!! As is typical of Aarons the presentation is misleading but the number is a National Customer Service Line I have not tried the e-mail YET call
Greg Tanner

Aaron Rents Corporate Office
678-402-0015
309 East Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30305

a representitive will take your complaint and promises someone will call within 24hours then she says if no one contacts me in 24 hours this is the owners # feel free to call him 410 238 2506
Happy Dialing !!!
 29th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I've been out of town for about two weeks and called Arrons and told them I wouldnt be in to make my payment. I was told by two representative at Arrons that I could pay my late bill Jan 2. Two or three days afterwards I get a call from the manager saying I cant pay then and they want to come get their equipment. I told him that I talked to two representatives at the store and they told me it would be fine. He then said that there was no record in the computer of that conversation but the girl did admit that she had spoken with me. He then said she is in sales and she does not work with accounts. My question is what made her think she had the authority to tell me I could make the payment. Why is she answering the phone if she cant discuss or has no authority to look in someones account? I then said I spoke with a guy there and he told me the samething he then said "well hes setting you up for failure so we can have this conversation next mont"! Wow! Thats all I can say at this point. Is that what you tell a customer? Is that how you talk to a customer? These people and their employees are very rude and unprofessional. That tv I rented was not worth all this drama. I will never rent from Arrons again. And if possible Im going to tell everyone I know cause Arrons is horrible
 1st of Jan, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I was renting a riding lawn mower from Aaron, made a payment on Saturday, Aaron had there worker come to my house Monday afternoon afternoom, after I had gone to work and picked up my lawn mower and to this day 1/1/2010 they have not called as to why they picked it up, and that was Nov. 2009 . I feel if they had plans to breach my contract they should not have taken my $109.00

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree