logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Viking Magazine-
They won't let me cancel!
2. (1 mins ago)
Stay away from them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aaron Rent to Own, Lilburn Complaints & Reviews - Received used furniture for new furniture!

Aaron Rent to Own Contacts & Informations

Aaron Rent to Own

Posted:    esia ceus

Received used furniture for new furniture!

Aarons Rent to Own
Aarons have tried to rob me blind and given me rude customer service. I went into a contract with Aaron's on new merchandise and ended up receiving used furniture. Also on the day of delivery, the used furniture was damaged. I had to go back and forth with staff, convincing them that the furniture was not brand new. Finally the actually new sofa and loveseat arrived, but unfortunately the loveseat was damaged. Aarons was notified immediately and the best option from Aaron at that time was to leave the original used love seat, which did not sit with me well. The sales people were very rude as well as the general manager. He had even threaten to come get the merchandise and return my money, in a horrible tone. Being fully aware of the fact that his store screwed up. I eventually went over his head and complained to the regional manager. The regional manager was no help and he turned around and did what the gm had plans of doing. In which was unconvincing me the customer. He never addressed or apologize for the mistreatment I received from store #287. I would never purchase from Aarons again. They are the worst and they treat their customer like garbage.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Mar, 2008 by   Nan 0 Votes
I had a sectional delivered for my living room and the morons who delivered it didn't even put the legs/feet on the bottom. The hardware scratched up my new laminate floors. It took them 2-3 weeks to realize the legs were under the bottom of the sofa in a bag. They only gave me 1/2 off on the next months payment.
 19th of Mar, 2008 by   Fonda 0 Votes
I bought a computer and sofa and chair from Aarons. When I signed my contract with them, I was asked if I wanted to keep my credit card number on file and it be charged every month, I said no. The second month I got a call from my bank saying that Aarons was trying to run my credit card, when I called Aarons to inquire about this, they said that they had my credit card number from the previous month and decided to charge my card 15 days before my payment was actually due. This caused all kinds of fees not only with my bank but with my apartment complex as well. When I went in furious at the amount of money they cost me, they just reply with giving me my monthly payment back on my card and paid for nothing else, then charged me 15 days later for the same amount. This happened 2 more times even when it was expressed to them not to. I ended up calling their regional manager who didn't seem to know what he was doing and offered no help. When asked who was above him and their number he said he would have someone call me, noone ever did.

I now pay in cash every month!!!

when i asked to see my file, they asked me why. I said that is my file and I want to see it. After having to get the store manager to get me my file, I opened it up and saw 3 different people's information in my file. As well as a credit card number that was not suppose to be on file with them. After three months my number of payments on my receipt had not gone down, they stayed the same, when I inquired about this they said that I hadn't paid. i thankfully had all of my receipts to prove I had indeed paid.

After being late on my payment 1 time and 1 day, they came to my house to repo my computer and sofa and chair. I had the flu and when I answered the door they wanted to come inside to get those things. I called the store manager right then and he said because I was late on my monthly payment, they needed the merchandise back. I made my payment on the phone but was still very upset by it. I only owe 2 more months or else I would have told them to keep their crap.

The customer service is the worst I have ever seen. I have filed complaints with the local police department for them charging my card without my permission on several occasions, I have also filed a complaint with the HIPPA board for them having other people's personal information in my file and for having my credit card number on file without permission. I will NEVER do business with this company again. If you are thinking about it DON'T!!!
 5th of May, 2008 by   Tina S 0 Votes
These morons made me Sign a contract and lay out my money on a laptop. They called and confirmed all my references. They can verify my income as being well above what is needed to "lease" their crap and then 5 hours later they declined my SIGNED CONTRACT and want me to wait 10-14 days for a refund because I don't have a written lease. I am employed as a live-in and therefore there is no need for a lease.

Their customer service SUX their "regional managers" are about as ignorant as their sales people and their cheap stuff that they sale is way over priced. NEVER do business with this scam company!
 4th of Jun, 2008 by   andyin137 0 Votes
I will never do business with Aarons ever again.I was in desparate need of a new bed(back problems)Went in picked out a Bed(rented from other RTO places in the past with no issues what so ever)filled out paperwork then waited for General Manager to come in and finalize .I could see her thru office window and she was taking her time coming to get papers to me, This should of been my first inkling of their incompetence.She brought paperwork to me with a higher price than advertised a 64 dollar bed was now over 100 a month, but I was desparate and figured if I didnt like I would return after 5 months (minimum time on contract)Well that day I just made a Cash deposit at my Bank and my bank takes 1 full day to show currect balance in yor account.But was told by bank as long as I use my PIN as a Debit it would go thru.I told this to GM at Aarons, but she still tried to process as Credit, Card was declined.So I wrote a check and then she proceded to tell me she couldnt get my Bed out to me until check clears, I can understand this at other type places but they had called 5 of my references plus my Job to verify employement plus I had brought in Bank Statement and check stub.
Anyway after I went home I thought it over and called the store and asked for them not to deposit check and I would be in first thing in the morning to process Credit Card(it would be good by then)I told her this because I needed Bed ASAP.She said she couldnt do that as she already Posted check(this only took her 15 minutes to do)But she did say she would make conssession and have my order delivered on Wednesday a day earlier than originally told.I called Tuesday to make sure and was told no problem, called Wednesday morning to confirm also was told it would be out to me after 3 pm called back again at 530 to see where it was told its on truck, then at 6pm(had to be at work at 7pm)I called back and asked to speak to Manager, asked where was my order, she procede to tell your not scheduled till Thursday.So you mean all day your employees have been lyiing to me about it being delivered.I finally had it and got very angry and told them to cancel order, she finally apologized and said it would be here first thing in morning, I hesitantly said okay, but did tell her I have nothing to sleep on tonight as I got rid of old Bed today, thats why I kept calling to confirm.After careful consideration I have decided to cancel tommorrow as I dont want to deal with these morons anymore.I am waiting to cancel tommorrow as I put a stop payment on the check and want to make sure money is not out of my account.Once I do that I will cancel.It costs me 18.00 to stop payment but worth it .;
Does anyone know since I signed papers but never received order can they try to sue me.Email me with advice or even your RTO horror stories..
Do you think I had the right to cancel..email me at (andyin137@aol.com)
 7th of Jun, 2008 by   andyin137 0 Votes
This is an additional comment on my Horror story with Aarons Furniture(andyin137s story )After cancelling on Thursday June 5th at 10 am in the morning .called and talked to Manager and she said she was closing account.Saturday morning June 7 2008 at 1035 am I receive a call from Aarons(mind you this is the only time this store has ever called me for anything, even when tgey knew I was waiting for delivery)The Salesperson (April) asking are you still wanting Mattress.Does anyone at this Lompoc California store have any brains.
Also just a side note you can by law cancel your transaction with any RTO store, even after signing papers as long as you havent taken possesion of merchandise.At least here in California.

Does anyone know how to contact Aarons Corporate office (phone number and address)I would like to submitte a letter with the details of what happenned at our store, to hopefully get some action taken to remove these Idiots at that store.
 12th of Jun, 2008 by   Karen 0 Votes
Im very suprised to read all these negative reports about Arons. I have been doing business with them over 2 yrs. and have never had any problems. Maybe its not the actual company, but the individuals in certain stores. The store in Seneca, SC is really great. Everything is exactly what they say, and everything is paid off when they say it will be, as long as I make my payments on time.
 21st of Jun, 2008 by   stephen radabaugh 0 Votes
this is in regards tothe store you have in findlay ohio 45840 and a salesman named ken we had an agreement worked out wiht another salesman named dan he went on vacation and ken called us and told us he was going to refuse the payment arrangement we had worked out and that they would be here to pick our stuff up we have dealt with aarons every since they came to findlay he goy very rude with my wife and would not give her a chance to taljk it was his wat or noway if this is the kind of people you arer hiring i can tell you now you will be losing a lot of business because he is very rude and will not work with anyone we got behind because i had to go on ssi and we did not have the mone to make full payments so we worked out a payment plan with dan and it actually mor e a month than our payments were but this guy got an attitude and they picked our stuff up it was almost paid for thank you stephen j radabaugh
 21st of Jul, 2008 by   Allison 0 Votes
Aaron Rents, Inc.
309 E. Paces Ferry Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30305-2377
GA Tel. 404-231-0011 <-- option 5
Fax 678-402-3560

I have had many issues as well. I will never rent from Aaron's again.
 25th of Jul, 2008 by   juliana saenz 0 Votes
i been with aron a long time and never had a complain. i deal with the hobbs, new mexico aron compay and i love it. well we can't have it all in this life. somethimes we had to understand them cause there only worker and they are doing there job.
 25th of Jul, 2008 by   roberto robles 0 Votes
i deal with this company and never had any things wrong cause when i rent i make sure it's new. and when i get it i love it and i will go back
 29th of Jul, 2008 by   Sherry Newman 0 Votes
I rented a sofa and chair from Aarons rent to own also bed room furniture and a 73 inch TV when the furniture was delivered in oct or nov of 2007 and a friend was staying with me she was the only one there when they delivered my friend was sleeping on the sofa the first night it was there and woke up with a rash all over her body i thought she was alergic to my laundry soap but that was not the case after waking up like that for a month she replyed im sorry but i can not stay with you any more the rash is getting worse so about another month i was lying on the sofa and noticed that there was bugs in the sofa i freaked out called aarons and they told me that it would be a week before they could come and get the furniture so then i called there corparate office and they sent them out that evening and sent an exterminator out to my home and every thing was ok until i found a bug in my new sofa that i didnot get from no rental company so i threw the sofa in the trash and sprayed my self for the bug and now i have another sofa and it has bugs this has become a big mess because and a costly mess that should not be coming out my pocket to clean up aarons mess they know that they have had this problem before they think sending some one out for to spray one time would take care of the problem but it didn't aarons needs to contact me on this issue before i seek legal advise no one should have to dill with this .after reading the internet aarons has been sued for this before i need help getting rid of these bugs aarons has infested my home with aarons needs to in vest in a heated truck so this doesn't happen to any body else when the exterminator came to my home he did not find them any were else but in the sofa he found a nest one of the bugs crawled out of the sofa on to one of the men that was loading the sofa on the truck and he freaked out and the exterminator sprayed the sofa he only sprayed were the sofa was the sofa and chair that i rented was used i am still a customer of aarons i am still renting my 73 inch TV but the bed and the sofa went back to aarons i do not want furniture from them any more because the sofa that i rented went back in the store and was sold to some one else
 29th of Jul, 2008 by   JOSH JIMENEZ 0 Votes
I rented 2 televisions from aarons. When they first delivered tvs i had a watch on the side of where the tv was going to be placed. The next day I realized my watch was gone. My wife and I are the only ones in the house..a gift from her. When I called aarons they agreed to give me 2 months free. However, when I became late on the payment in june and july due to financial difficulties like everyone else they came to my house at least 20x. They left threatening notes and would bang on the door as if they were going to knock it down. The last stroke was a 9p knock on the door then turning into kicking my door in. It was my property and it was trespassing. I told him he had 20 minutes to leave the property before i contacted the police. The police finally arrived where he confronted me cursing and very unprofessional. The police advised him its a civil matter and I had all the right in the world to even shoot him and not get in trouble for it. Aarons was breaking the law especially using their own personal vehicles to come to my home. Its disturbing that a company of this magnitude would allow these type of rude people to work for them. To top it off he had a warrant for his arrest in the same town, Miami. The police didnt even arrest him for the warrant. I will never purchase anything from them again and am currently seeking an attorney for this situation.
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   christopher lambert 0 Votes
i recently got a 52 inch tv from Aarons when they delivered it the (RF) connector on the back was loose.. the delivery guy warned us to be careful and not to move the tv set. sure enough as soon as they left the damn thing fell off.i called the store the next day and after several attempts at it. they decided to send someone out to look at it... his solution a quick fix.. should do the trick.. hook up audio -video cables.and by-pass the (RF) connector..what a bunch of crap.. when i mentioned that the money we pay for the merchandise.. it should be repaired the right way..his answer the store dont have a loner of equal value... bullshit.. i have done a lot of businesswith Aarons and this is the first time i, ve been taken... does anyone know how to contact the corporate office.. if so please let me know..thanx..c.c kalamazoo mich.
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   patrick hill 0 Votes
AAron's national call center Phone number is 1-678-402-0015 option five.I am having major difficulties with this company as well.It seems to me that this company is strictly in it for the money and nothing will ever change that.Although some folks may have a delightfull experience leasing from them the facts still remain that the few nicities people have said about Aaron's don't compare to the amount of outwieghing complaints this company has recieved or otherwise been posted on forums such as this. Look it up people, there are litteraly countless complaints against Aaron's . I also have a simmilar complaint against them for a bait and swich that they are pulling on me. I refuse to give up. I am stubborn and I will fight with these people to the bitter end . I demand satisfaction For I am a paying customer and if it means calling them every day I will. If it means going in there on their bussiest day and raising hell by god i'm going to do it. I will treat them the same way they have treated me. I was late once on my payment and they called and called and called some more. All for a couple of days late. You see what my issue with them is that they leased me a t.v. that was brand spanking new rite out of the box I picked it I said that's what I want and that's what I got. Happy I was to recieve my television. So about a month goes by I get a new 5.1 surround sound stereo with optical hookups and procede to connect to my new T.V. much to my dissmay the optical out on the set I leased was broken, No problem Aaron's manager says we will send it in and have it fixed also we will give you a television as a loaner while the repairs are being made. So as planned the following week they came out and as they agreed took the malfuntioning set and gave me a loaner.Now this is where the trouble starts the Television they sent me was Scrached on the screen scuffed up and the resolution was not 1080p like the one I had leased.However I though hey it's just a loaner no big deal I'll keep it for three weeks wich is how long the manager said the repairs should take I'll get mine back everyones happy no big deal.Here it is the end of August and still no T.V. back from repairs I had it Sent in at the end of May Three months I have called and asked where it is numerous times
I get the same answer every time we'll call the repair center find out where it is and we'll call you back . No one ever calls nothing, But god forbid I ever miss a payment.I was late One week and every day that week I was late I got a call or someone who was a referance of mine got a call From thes lovely folks at Aaron's asking me or them where their money was. Now I have been patient thus far with them as to the whereabouts of my T.V. NOMORE I will not relent until my issue is resolved like I said I will be calling them every day untill I get my t.v. back I will go there periodically And herrass them untill I'm a satisfied cutomer again and I've only gotten started.
 26th of Aug, 2008 by   jennifer chadwick 0 Votes
i like too know how much do i still old on the bed
 29th of Aug, 2008 by   Leslie, St. Louis MO. 0 Votes
Wow! I was searching the web to purchase furniture for my new home, and was thinking of giving AARON'S a try. After reading all these complaints of rip offs and lack of employability skills, i will surely take my money elsewhere. Thanks to all of you who posted because if we as the consumers don't look out for each other, and report these people, we're just as guilty as they are, and they will strike the next customer the same way. I really apreciate you guys.
 1st of Oct, 2008 by   Van 0 Votes
I agree with all the complaints 100%. I went to the Aaron's store #C0072 in Atl, Ga. druing a time when I was having a lot of guess due to a family member having a terminal illness and I had people coming in from out of town. From the first moment I walked into the store, I should have turned around and went out. Every bedroom suit was torn or beat up with a very high price tag (on return furniture). Store was nasty and front staff was rude. One I finally got someone to stop talking to each other I got one price from sales person and then got another price from Manager. Finally I rented a living room suit from them. Still have not gotten the plugs for the bottom of the feet and its been since Dec. 07. I get calls every single month from them even though I make my payments on time, asking me when I am going to bring in my payment. Its always in by the 3rd because of where I work. Actually, I am paying over the monthly amount, but they still have me owing a late fee, but they can't tell me for which month. They call my home, cell and even at work. I have talked to the Regional manager who stated I will not get anymore phone calls. And like clock work, they call me each month. They even threatened to come and get my furniture because I asked them to stop calling. They are so rude and nasty to you, whether you pay on time or not. Please if you can help it, do not get anything from Aaron's Rent To Own!
 8th of Oct, 2008 by   amy 0 Votes
I have never bought anything from aaron's but my brother has and I don't think he had any trouble with them but he did not get furniture, he bought a TV. I do know I have run into trouble with companies and if you even mention reporting them the better business bureu (BBB) they most always change their tune and get things done the right way. Try this and see if it gets them moving and if not look the BBB up on the internt and let them have it!! Good Luck!
 22nd of Jan, 2009 by   Michelle -1 Votes
I also will never deal with Aaron's again, I have 3 more payments until i'm done with them..I have dealt with easy home for atleast 10 yrs, and am sorry that i choose aaron's when they first came to Windsor, On..The service from them is not as satisfying as easy home..I have had staff that were rude..with 3 payments left, I disagreed with a staff member and was told to take my business elsewhere...They have lost sales as I was interested in purchasing more from them..ANYONE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING FURNITURE ON A RENT TO OWN BASIS..RUN DON'T GO TO AARON'S THEY ARE EAGER TO PLEASE UNTIL YOUR CONTRACT IS SIGNED.
 17th of Feb, 2009 by   samiyya +1 Votes
Well let me tell you that they are even worse to employees. I was hired by aarons as a customer service rep. and then less then a week after hire i was fired for a mistake that the general manager made. After that I was told that I would get my check the following friday at the store, but nothing. I have been waiting for my check for the last 2 months and still have received nothing. I urge everyone not to do any business with aarons rent to own. A company that cannot even keep a commitment to an employee definatly cannot offer anything good to it's customers. They are to high prized and they are rude and disrespectful people.

Tips to Save as You Shop Online