logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (2 mins ago)
Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator
model # FGHB2844LF4 (What a piece of junk)
2. (4 mins ago)
grantresource.com
Charging of my account
5. (13 mins ago)
CustomerCarePage.com
Fraudulent charges without my notice

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    bramos

Scam

Winners International
Alabama
Well I received a phone call at work and it was really weird because I work for a government agency and rarely do I give my office # for non-business related purposes. When he called he said he was calling from "Winner's International, " he had a really bad accent so I would continuously get him upset at times because I would ask him repeat almost everything he would tell me. So he started by telling me I had won a prize from a raffle jar and that I had won 2nd place, that all I had to do was get a number from a receipt that I would obtain after having made a banker's check. I asked well what's the prize? (following along purposely to get as much info. as possible and finding it all comical at the same time.) He said the prize is $70, 000.00 but there was a small gov. tax fee. He said the UPS guy would be getting to my house in about half an hour and I would have to have that number on the receipt ready to show it to the UPS so that the prize was released to me. I asked the fee amt. and he said it was $450.00. He said I had to hurry up that I only had half an hour and gave me all the info. on who and to what address to make the bankers check. He said "but listen when will u do this? I said I'll see when I have time. He said "no you have to do it now and call me to this number ### when you do." then I ask "so whats my address? so he gives me a totally wrong address and asks if its correct, I say no, he then says give me the correct address, I put him on hold, I give the phone to my co-worker who was already fed up with what he was saying and tells him " you are crazy do you know where you're calling this is a gov. agency, your calling blah blah blah and this is a scam and I am going to report you. I found it all funny at the time, a joke but I hope no one really falls for this type of scam.
Comments United States Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

The World's Most Insulting Fees