logo

Mercadolivre Mercadolivre.com.br
Qualicação Injusta Reputação Vendas Concretizadas
2. (39 mins ago)
Luminess Air
still taking money out of my account
3. (41 mins ago)
CreateSpace
Scammers
4. (43 mins ago)
gototrafficschool.com
worst website & service ever
5. (54 mins ago)
Melissa Brault
Sent deposit, story keeps changing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    bramos

Scam

Winners International
Alabama
Well I received a phone call at work and it was really weird because I work for a government agency and rarely do I give my office # for non-business related purposes. When he called he said he was calling from "Winner's International, " he had a really bad accent so I would continuously get him upset at times because I would ask him repeat almost everything he would tell me. So he started by telling me I had won a prize from a raffle jar and that I had won 2nd place, that all I had to do was get a number from a receipt that I would obtain after having made a banker's check. I asked well what's the prize? (following along purposely to get as much info. as possible and finding it all comical at the same time.) He said the prize is $70, 000.00 but there was a small gov. tax fee. He said the UPS guy would be getting to my house in about half an hour and I would have to have that number on the receipt ready to show it to the UPS so that the prize was released to me. I asked the fee amt. and he said it was $450.00. He said I had to hurry up that I only had half an hour and gave me all the info. on who and to what address to make the bankers check. He said "but listen when will u do this? I said I'll see when I have time. He said "no you have to do it now and call me to this number ### when you do." then I ask "so whats my address? so he gives me a totally wrong address and asks if its correct, I say no, he then says give me the correct address, I put him on hold, I give the phone to my co-worker who was already fed up with what he was saying and tells him " you are crazy do you know where you're calling this is a gov. agency, your calling blah blah blah and this is a scam and I am going to report you. I found it all funny at the time, a joke but I hope no one really falls for this type of scam.
Comments United States Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

You Survived Tsa Now Welcome to Baggage Claim Hell