logo

unfair charges, misreprestentation

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

2Checkout - D. D. - 2CO.com, Columbus, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - Misappropriation of Funds

2Checkout - D. D. - 2CO.com Contacts & Informations

2Checkout - D. D. - 2CO.com

Posted:    2Checkout is a SCAM

Misappropriation of Funds

2Checkout - 2CO - D. D.
Columbus, Ohio
checkout.com
I have an internet business and use 7 different merchant accounts to process payments. We just started using 2CO.com (out of business) (Google says business closed) AKA 2checkout.com dba D. D. were caught dipping into my account without my consent and supposedly "refunding" orders that were already filled.
When a legitimate transaction requests a refund both parties should have the opportunity to contest the issue and submit a detailed report on what transpired...but instead, 2checkout just dips their hand into your cookie jar behind your back and simply takes money out of your account without your consent or previous knowledge..out of 178 orders we placed with them in 8 weeks they charged us almost 9% in fees, held 11% back indefinitely and gave back 14% of sales in refunds...so, in other words we paid 2checkout to go to work. Nice.
I set up a merchant account with these people and they ended up charging me over 6% on my transactions, held back 11% of my sales and would refund my customers without even asking me what happened! The worst part being that the orders they refunded I had ALREADY FILLED!! These guys call themselves your "partner" (they apparently think that they have a right to call themselves your business partner because you LET them process payments for you) Long story short if you need a merchant account don't even think about using 2 checkout.com as they are just another online scam. Particularly watch out for one of their scam managers D. D. who notified me that she has "already given a refund" on an order she knew nothing about...even though we had already filled the order and lost money on..what a complete moron D. is...and the owner of the company is a bigger moron for hiring incompetent scammers to skim your profits behind your back. What's worse is they rip you off and they smile while their doing it...they are much worse then someone that holds a gun to your head and steals your wallet...much worse They conveniently make it very difficult for you to track the "refunds" they give out...there is no list of refunds or credits in your account that you can track...check out the BBB and ripoffreport for more derogatory information on this illegal operation. If you need to process payments then go to paypal or google checkout for fast payouts and they don't"dip" into the cookie jar behind your back...not to mention that they are 400% cheaper and much more cost effective. Also, 2 checkout holds your money for 10 days before they release pay into your account
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jun, 2010 by   yuraphoo 0 Votes
You are such a moron. First of all Dodie is just a customer care rep, nothing more. 2nd, there is no way to "dip" into your account.

The main problem with you is that you most likely didn't read any of the Terms Of Service or any of the other agreements and then got mad because you screwed up and now want to blame someone else for your stupidity. Way to go buddy. Post your ignorance for the world to see! Maybe if you had done what you were supposed to do your insecurities would not have lead you to defame Dodie, which might I add you can and probably will be sued for.

You would think that being a "business man" (and I use that term loosely) you would have read all legal agreements regarding accepting payments for your business.
 5th of Jun, 2010 by   HonestytoAll 0 Votes
I was a customer of your service, So called Mia's Maids, and I am shocked that you have any nerve to call anyone else a "Scam". You stole my money, and never came through with service. The maids that you sent were rude, used fowl language, and two actually used physical abuse right in within my home! So when I asked for a refund, you refused.

So, you have no right to call anyone else a scam!
 5th of Jun, 2010 by   HonestytoAll 0 Votes
By the way to let the public know who opened up this thread, Misappropriation of Funds...This company is called Mia's Maid Service...They have no right to call anyone a scam!
 23rd of Apr, 2012 by   Nideeshwaram Arts 0 Votes
Worst Payment Gateway Service (2checkout) or i should say (2checkout is a scam company)

I just placed an order as i have got a discount coupon from 2checkout, i made an initial payment to 2checkout for the merchant services. To my surprise on the third day i see a note : 1732884 account closed.

After a days i get a response from 2checkout that my cc details did not match up with my order details for which i already told them that i have made the transaction using my wife's credit card and they are free to ask any proof for the payment and i would be happy to help them.

There is no response from 2checkout team. Can anyone help me??

Scam Artists Preying On Trusting Elderly